PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lewis and Nico

bthornt
07-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Making light of Mercedes F1 problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDk7qa88kBg

F150
07-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Great conversation they had post-race in the Driver's room.

I feel the love.

ojingoh
07-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Making light of Mercedes F1 problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDk7qa88kBg:hello:

oldpotatoe
07-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Great conversation they had post-race in the Driver's room.

I feel the love.

Don't they have any adult supervision...bumper cars with bazillion $ cars.

bicycletricycle
07-10-2016, 07:33 PM
I cant decide which of them I like less.

Both act like big babies when they lose.

Why cant they just get over themselves.

They should both feel lucky to be in such a dominant car and congratulate each other on a good performance, especially on a clean race like this.

soulspinner
07-11-2016, 07:38 AM
I cant decide which of them I like less.

Both act like big babies when they lose.

Why cant they just get over themselves.

They should both feel lucky to be in such a dominant car and congratulate each other on a good performance, especially on a clean race like this.

They are two of the best in the world their competitive nature that makes them what they are and it also gets in the way...toto should have laid down the law by now....

tiretrax
07-11-2016, 08:07 AM
What I find amazing is how common is the tension between drivers on F1 teams and poor tactics that they often use. I was astounded when Senna crashed into his rival on turn 1 to win the championship so many years ago in an era when driver's safety was finally becoming a real thing in the sport.

johnniecakes
07-11-2016, 11:12 AM
First a confession, I am a Hamilton fan. That being said I don't see how Rosberg spearing Hamilton on the last lap in Austria benefitted himself. He is on the final year of his contract. If I were Toto that would have been the last straw. There has to be few other drivers who would appreciate the ride

bicycletricycle
07-11-2016, 11:37 AM
They are two of the best in the world their competitive nature that makes them what they are and it also gets in the way...toto should have laid down the law by now....

all competitive people are immature a holes?

unterhausen
07-11-2016, 12:04 PM
There has to be few other drivers who would appreciate the ridehe tried to crash Hamilton because it would be better for him if both of them failed to finish as opposed to Hamilton getting first, him second. Don't see how this would be acceptable to an owner. I think he's lucky he was the only one that had problems. There are a lot of good drivers that could make that car win.

CSKeller
07-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Hamilton has done more to take Rosberg out. He always pushed Rosberg off the track on turn 1 in many races last year and some this year.

Rosberg is pushing back finally.

Full disclosure, I'm a Rosberg fan... :)

Hamilton has been getting away with a lot, he's the favorite child who can do no wrong...

F150
07-11-2016, 01:13 PM

Sweep the leg!

bthornt
07-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Remember Hinault and Lemond? Armstrong and Contador? Wiggins and Froome?

Delpo
07-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Hamilton has done more to take Rosberg out. He always pushed Rosberg off the track on turn 1 in many races last year and some this year.

Rosberg is pushing back finally.

Full disclosure, I'm a Rosberg fan... :)

Hamilton has been getting away with a lot, he's the favorite child who can do no wrong...

I respectfully disagree. Hamilton has been aggressive holding his racing line but has pretty much always left Rosberg racing space. Note that Hamilton has not this season nor past forced Nico to DNF in a start.

The two moves made by Nico this year have not been racing moves. In one he knew that his car was on the wrong program and still blocked LH and in the other he kind of forgot to turn into the corner.

Agree that LH is no saint but he is a clean racing driver. He knows how to protect a position without being dangerous to others. That is racing.

bicycletricycle
07-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Remember Hinault and Lemond? Armstrong and Contador? Wiggins and Froome?

Lance waited for Ullrich

soulspinner
07-11-2016, 04:27 PM

Id wager the best of the best of any sport, not all competitive people.....although I know a few.

bthornt
07-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Lance waited for Ullrich

That is true, but they weren't on the same team, which I think is the key. The ones that I mentioned were on the same team, like Rosberg and Hamilton are both on Mercedes. Lemond and Hinault were on the same team in 1986, Armstrong and Contador were both on Discovery, and so on.

If you watch Moto GP (or whatever they call it now), it's the same. Rossi and Lorenzo are super competitive with each other, and I don't think they're very good friends.

54ny77
07-11-2016, 06:14 PM
That's because those in glass houses don't throw stones. :bike:

Lance waited for Ullrich

Mr. Pink
07-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Lance waited for Ullrich

Zing!

cfox
07-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Nico is painfully insecure. Any time Lewis appears to be even a remote threat, Nico's immediate reaction is to take him out. He lacks the confidence to just race and beat him on the track. His move in Austria was laughable; he was two car widths off the racing line. He completely drove Lewis off the track, and even after that, Lewis gave him ample room to resume the corner. Nico tried to take them both out of the race, simple as that. He almost got what he deserved, a DNF, and was lucky to limp home in 4th. Nico's lack of confidence is going to cost him a World Championship. To suggest that Lewis is the favored son vs. a German on a German team, run by a German and advised by an Austrian, is well...silly. The ONLY person within F1 that likes Lewis is Ecclestone, and that's because he views Lewis as a proper F1 Champion (in the media constantly, at fashion shows, galavanting with A-listers around the world in a private jet).

Mercedes is going to have infighting as long as they have such a dominant car. Lewis has the best raw pace of any F1 driver, but any one of 10 guys on the grid could be close in that car. It is hard to have a clear number 2 when you have such a good car.

bicycletricycle
07-11-2016, 07:17 PM
I am mildly obsessed with F1 at this point, don't see much evidence of a huge loss of love for Ham in the paddock. Regular jealousy stuff but it seems like he is generally well liked. Ecclestone does freely admit that he prefers Ham over Roseberg , for the most part other important people in the sport stay more neutral for political reasons I think.

Any crap about either one of them getting preferential treatment within the team is silly I think. The team seems to be doing a good job of staying neutral. I think I remember reading rumors that the Mercedes board would prefer Rosberg as world champ because it would be worth more to the brand (because he is German). I don't think Toto or Lauda has time for that crap.

Remember when Rosberg drove off track to ruin Hams quali lap at Monaco?

They are both good drivers, Ham is better in adverse situations.

I would love to see some other drivers in that seat, I think a handful of drivers would give Ham a way tougher time as a team mate (obviously Alonso, Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen and maybe Hulk or even Perez)

F1 sucks because you can never really know who the best driver is, however, Ham is clearly better than Rosberg in that Mercedes.

I sort of feel bad for him, Mercedes was his team, he bested Schumacher as a team mate, If Ham never showed up these would have been his 3 years at the top.

Nico is painfully insecure. Any time Lewis appears to be even a remote threat, Nico's immediate reaction is to take him out. He lacks the confidence to just race and beat him on the track. His move in Austria was laughable; he was two car widths off the racing line. He completely drove Lewis off the track, and even after that, Lewis gave him ample room to resume the corner. Nico tried to take them both out of the race, simple as that. He almost got what he deserved, a DNF, and was lucky to limp home in 4th. Nico's lack of confidence is going to cost him a World Championship. To suggest that Lewis is the favored son vs. a German on a German team, run by a German and advised by an Austrian, is well...silly. The ONLY person within F1 that likes Lewis is Ecclestone, and that's because he views Lewis as a proper F1 Champion (in the media constantly, at fashion shows, galavanting with A-listers around the world in a private jet).

Mercedes is going to have infighting as long as they have such a dominant car. Lewis has the best raw pace of any F1 driver, but any one of 10 guys on the grid could be close in that car. It is hard to have a clear number 2 when you have such a good car.

fuzzalow
07-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Rosberg has to do whatever he can to win this year's Driver Championship. If he does not win this year he will be permanently consigned to number two status in the Merc team, to the press & fans and even in his own head in getting beat 3 years in a row by Hamilton in a Merc that cannot be touched by any other car on the grid.

Rosberg does not have the raw speed or racecraft to beat Hamilton. If he were to lose this year he would be better off exiting the team as long as Hamilton remains at Mercedes. Getting beat like that doesn't mean he can't win in F1 but mentally in that team Rosberg won't get out from under what he knows he can't do to answer Hamilton. But he might still be champion with another team and a different teammate - witness Vettel getting chased out of Red Bull by Danny Ric, who now has to deal with a new threat in Verstappen. So short of Merc benching him for a race, Rosberg will continue to crash out Hamilton and worry about how the team deals with it later. Of course, Rosberg will try to do it with more finesse but the reality is he can't beat Hamilton in a straight fight. Heck, in a straight fight even Alonso couldn't beat him for their one year in McLaren.

No fan of Hamilton but gotta give him his due.

soulspinner
07-12-2016, 06:30 AM

:hello:THIS

zap
07-12-2016, 08:21 AM
edit

I respectfully disagree. Hamilton has been aggressive holding his racing line but has pretty much always left Rosberg racing space. Note that Hamilton has not this season nor past forced Nico to DNF in a start.

Montreal?

True, Hamilton did not cause Nico to dnf.

Hamilton overall is a better racer than Nico.