PDA

View Full Version : Am I type A or just plain stupid?

Tom
07-01-2006, 04:38 PM
It's been raining a fair amount here and the river got outside the banks for a while. So, I decide to ride west of town which means a little bike path action until you get out to the roads. I ride around the sawhorse with the 'Path Closed' sign on it and then I ride around the other one with the 'Path Closed' sign on it. I mean, what's a little dried mud?

I go around the corner. Oh, a tree down. I climb around it and see a couple more trees down. No big deal. I climb around those and there's a few more down. You can see where a bunch of people went out into the woods to get around, so do I. Pretty soupy out there but no big deal. I get back on the path and see two or three more down. A little climbing underneath, up the bank to go over and I'm on my way. No, more trees down. I think about turning back and heading out through Scotia but heck, I'd just have to climb over all those trees to get back.

I should have. I would have netted about ten fewer trees that way.

I have to wonder what kind of intelligence test I just failed when I was climbing underneath trees that had fallen over and were teetering on their upper branches.

Other than that, it was a pretty sucky ride. You know you suck when you're slowly making your way up 4% grades and a little 6% kicker causes you to shift all the way down and stand. By the time I got home I was getting the little warning cramps. This was a 40 mile ride. I suck. I suck really, really badly. I might need to take some real rest time, even though this week I purposefully took two days off. I'm afraid it'll make no difference.