View Full Version : Bill Davidson current shop

cnighbor1
07-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Sent: Sat, Jul 9, 2016 9:48 am
Subject: Nice story on Bill Davidson

http://www.thebicyclestory.com/2015/05/bill-davidson/

cnighbor1
07-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Notice in comments I made a few critical comments on leaving any mention of Robert Freeman out The glue that keep the shop together over 35 years

jlwdm
07-09-2016, 04:40 PM
This was a positive article about Bill and Bill and Max - two great frame builders. No reason to rain on someone's parade - twice.

Jeff

e-RICHIE
07-09-2016, 07:52 PM
This was a positive article about Bill and Bill and Max - two great frame builders. No reason to rain on someone's parade - twice.

Jeff

Fully agree ^ .

KidWok
07-10-2016, 02:42 AM
I was a regular in the old Elliott Bay bicycles and got to know the whole gang pretty well, as well as some of the interpersonal dynamics of the shop. I'll chime in and say that it's probably best NOT to talk about the relationship between Bill and Bob. I'm fairly sure the two of them don't even want to talk about it. I respect Bob, but wouldn't give him credit for being the one to "keep the business going". From what I saw, Mark and Maiko really were the ones that kept that shop running.

The new shop is indeed great for Bill. Every time I walk in there, he seems to be happy and working on something that fulfills him, much more so than at the old shop. Something that he did realized very clearly as the old shop closed was that the business needed to evolve and he wasn't able to do that with Bob as a partner. The business they're operating now is so much more lean and focused than the old EBB. Bill also continued to have a passion for being in the bike business, whereas it was pretty clear (to me at least) that Bob was burnt out.

Max is definitely a talent. I would not hesitate to get them to build me a 333fab ti bike to go along with my Seahawks green lugged steel Davidson.

Tai

ojingoh
07-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I was a regular in the old Elliott Bay bicycles and got to know the whole gang pretty well, as well as some of the interpersonal dynamics of the shop. I'll chime in and say that it's probably best NOT to talk about the relationship between Bill and Bob. I'm fairly sure the two of them don't even want to talk about it. I respect Bob, but wouldn't give him credit for being the one to "keep the business going". From what I saw, Mark and Maiko really were the ones that kept that shop running.

The new shop is indeed great for Bill. Every time I walk in there, he seems to be happy and working on something that fulfills him, much more so than at the old shop. Something that he did realized very clearly as the old shop closed was that the business needed to evolve and he wasn't able to do that with Bob as a partner. The business they're operating now is so much more lean and focused than the old EBB. Bill also continued to have a passion for being in the bike business, whereas it was pretty clear (to me at least) that Bob was burnt out.

Max is definitely a talent. I would not hesitate to get them to build me a 333fab ti bike to go along with my Seahawks green lugged steel Davidson.

Tai

Dunno about Bill except seeing his superb handywork rolling around. Still want one. Max's work speaks for itself too.
That said never like EBB, and it is essentially my local bike shop. Focus was not on relationships, service and value, at least they didn't extend those courtesies to me.

72gmc
07-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Glad Bill and Max and Mark are happy. So much nice work there.

The old shop ran its course. The forward view is the one that matters to me.