PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Merckx experts

geordanh
07-08-2016, 02:47 PM
There's a Merckx Strada OS in Faema for sale. Can't find any catalog reference to this model being painted in this scheme, but a Google search suggests that there are more than one of these things out there. Are they all repainted or was this an official livery for this model? If so pretty cool as the other Strada OS schemes are not that savoury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
07-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Who knows, a lot of custom painting came out of EM during all those years, for example a forumite got one like the one you are talking about in like blue and white but the colors are reversed as shown in catalogs for example. it is the original paint job but it is not in the catalogs either.

Maybe you did not know but back those days if you had an EM you would be able to get ir repainted aswell, and well is possible that at some point somebody took the back for a refinish and thats why is pink/red/white now.

A lot of EM brought later in the last 10 years from europe thanks to ebay, so sometimes is hard to find out why the colors are not in catalogs, dont remember any team using pink either, but that doesnt mean a super small team used it.

As long as the serial numbers match I would not worry about it.

rwsaunders
07-08-2016, 03:11 PM
A good site to visit when you're on the hunt for a Merckx...

http://www.cadre.org/Merckx

nelson
07-08-2016, 03:23 PM
That was a stock paint scheme around '97.

geordanh
07-08-2016, 03:25 PM
That was a stock paint scheme around '97.

I love this place. Thanks guys.

jmoore
07-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Strada OS is a great riding frame. I dare say I like it better than my MX Leader. If the paint is good, then who cares if it's a repaint.