PDA

View Full Version : Any real heros left out there?

mike p
07-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Once upon a time I thought Lance was a clean rider. Very big ego and not always a nice person but I thought he had mega talent and was clean. Only because of this forum do I now believe beyond all doubt that he's a doper. I can hardly stand to watch him on tv. Thanks alot guys.

Mike

shaq-d
07-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Once upon a time I thought Lance was a clean rider. Very big ego and not always a nice person but I thought he had mega talent and was clean. Only because of this forum do I now believe beyond all doubt that he's a doper. I can hardly stand to watch him on tv. Thanks alot guys.

how old r u? next thing u know u'll be telling me the olympics are clean, adn the good o' american sport of baseball, and football too.

sd

mike p
07-01-2006, 01:31 PM
how old r u? next thing u know u'll be telling me the olympics are clean, adn the good o' american sport of baseball, and football too.

sd

You mean the olympics aren't clean!! God help us all!!

Mike

William
07-01-2006, 01:31 PM
What, what about American Idol!!!??? Don't tell me their not clean either???!!!

Please, what's this world coming too????? :confused:

William ;)

swoop
07-01-2006, 02:17 PM
david hasselhoff. i've seen that guy tunnel through sand to save a girl on the beach.

Fixed
07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
bro my heros are guys who have been racing and riding and building bikes for decades and still have the fire of a 1 st year rider .r.s. d.k. and t.k. come to my humble mind you cats might know others.
cheers

victoryfactory
07-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Partial List:

Frank Zappa
Edward Abbey
Soupy Sales
Jean Shepherd
Bob Dylan
Lance. Yes, Lance

VF

Climb01742
07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
99% of heroic athletes don't get paid. they do it for love.

davep
07-01-2006, 04:18 PM
My heroes have always been cowboys.

Saxon
07-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Heroes that weren't clean...
Spiderman: Juiced on Radiation.
The Hulk: Juiced on Radiation (Gamma Rays).
Thor: Used a magic hammer.
Batman: Various brewed concoctions and little devices used to get "that edge".
Superman: Cleverly used earth's atmosphere to get his powers.
Green Lantern: Magic lantern ring.

All cheaters... All heroes.

Lincoln
07-01-2006, 05:41 PM
BTW, the Olympics are mostly clean. A few bad sports with serious problems (like cycling, Track & Field and a few others), other than that, a few bad apples scattered around. There are also equipment cheats here and there too (again mostly sport specific).

Mostly a lot of people working their a$$e$ off for no money just the love of sport and competition.

swoop
07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
BTW, the Olympics are mostly clean. A few bad sports with serious problems (like cycling, Track & Field and a few others), other than that, a few bad apples scattered around. There are also equipment cheats here and there too (again mostly sport specific).

Mostly a lot of people working their a$$e$ off for no money just the love of sport and competition.

yeah..there was never any scandal in swimming.. oh wait.. they've busted several swimmers haven't they? oh well, at least weightlifting is clean... oh yeah, i guess not. hmmm, the chinese federation didn't get sanctioned for doping gymnasts way back.. no i think they did. darn. no dope in cross country skiing... except those guys they busted.. shoot. let's see , let me think.... i'm sure i can find one clean olympic sport.. just none come to mind tight now.

csm
07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
maybe skeet shooting?

Bud
07-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Curling must be clean. If not, ***?

catulle
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
maybe skeet shooting?

Chivas Regal, atmo...

catulle
07-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Diogenes.

swoop
07-01-2006, 07:05 PM
the question about curling is: sport or drinking game?

mike p
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM

It's clean, thats why they got the brooms.

Mike

atmo
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM
the question about curling is: sport or drinking game?
i'd give anything to be able to play atmo.

JohnS
07-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Naw. Everyone pops downers. It's shuffleboard or bowling in slow motion. :p

tbushnel
07-01-2006, 07:18 PM
i'd give anything to be able to play atmo.

Yeah, I could be a contender. My mother would be so proud.
TEd

mike p
07-01-2006, 07:28 PM
My son Ben is fast becoming a hero of mine. He was always a great kid, no trouble at all. When I see some of my buddys kids I thank God for Ben. Anyway he starts his final year at Annapolis, USNA this fall. I can't believe he made it through the first 3 years already. He really want's to fly. He's on a cruise right now and he's getting some flying time. They don't find out if they get there career choice untill their final year but I have no doubt he'll do fine at whatever he gets into. Sorry to boar you, I'm just very proud of my boy.

Mike

zeroking17
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Naw. Everyone pops downers. It's shuffleboard or bowling in slow motion. :p

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=174520&postcount=90
Well, don't know about downers, but these vixen certainly are on some kind of mindbending substance...

"Shuffleboard in slow motion" LOL :D

zeroking17
07-01-2006, 08:00 PM
There are many heroes out there, and I'll bet each of us could make a list in no time.

My heroes are neither famous, rich, successful athletes, in the public eye, nor status seekers.

My heroes are my mother, one or two of my school teachers, and a few kind souls who helped me along the way. Their names are not important here.

They are ordinary people who exhibited extraordinarily brave behavior in the difficult circumstances, who had the courage to stand firm on their convictions, and who lived in accord with a deep faith.

Think deeply about who really are your own role models. There you will find the heroes.

Elefantino
07-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Heroes that weren't clean...
Spiderman: Juiced on Radiation.
The Hulk: Juiced on Radiation (Gamma Rays).
Thor: Used a magic hammer.
Batman: Various brewed concoctions and little devices used to get "that edge".
Superman: Cleverly used earth's atmosphere to get his powers.
Green Lantern: Magic lantern ring.

All cheaters... All heroes.

The Punisher was clean. He just used big guns.

And The Decider is clean. He just uses really big guns.

:no:

obtuse
07-01-2006, 09:08 PM
you got to ask the stranglers.

Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky?
He got an ice pick
That made his ears burn
Whatever happened to dear old Lenny?
The great Elmyra, and Sancho Panza?
Whatever happened to the heroes?

Whatever happened to all the heroes?
All the Shakespearoes?
They watched their Rome burn

No more heroes any more
No more heroes any more

Whatever happened to all the heroes?
All the Shakespearoes?
They watched their Rome burn

No more heroes any more

No more heroes any more

if you're looking for a hero pick one based on an awesome high-five haircut.

obtuse

atmo
07-01-2006, 09:12 PM
i rocked my own world at fitchburg.

so - how'd it go atmo?

obtuse
07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
so - how'd it go atmo?

go?

it didn't. i missed my freaking start time because i didn't want to put a greasy time trial bike in the back seat of a bmw...so i took my volkswagon which overheated on the way.

other than that it went wonderfully. i finally got home and couldn't decide whether i wanted to get drunk or go listen to siouxie and the banshees and do my time trial route in the blue hills.

i chose the latter and rode hard enough to puke.

obtuse

atmo
07-01-2006, 09:18 PM
i'm on fire yo
and so is hamblen atmo no?

obtuse
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
and so is hamblen atmo no?

the kid did great.

obtuse

atmo
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
i led him out imho.

obtuse
i heard.
what an effort.
tell him to save something for autumn atmo.

obtuse
07-01-2006, 09:28 PM
i heard.
what an effort.
tell him to save something for autumn atmo.

hey-

he's just on loan for a few months doing this silly summer stuff untill the real racing starts; he knows not to go too deep;

obtuse

atmo
07-01-2006, 09:30 PM
hey-

he knows not to go too deep;

obtuse
from craigslist to my ears atmo

ti_boi
07-01-2006, 10:22 PM
:beer:

shaq-d
07-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Diogenes.

Oedipus.

Dekonick
07-01-2006, 11:23 PM

What!?! Didn't you hear about the big curling drung scandal? The Canadian women's team was thought to use beaver musk... :rolleyes:

Louis
07-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Doc Savage

davids
07-02-2006, 07:21 AM
go?

it didn't. i missed my freaking start time because i didn't want to put a greasy time trial bike in the back seat of a bmw...so i took my volkswagon which overheated on the way.

other than that it went wonderfully. i finally got home and couldn't decide whether i wanted to get drunk or go listen to siouxie and the banshees and do my time trial route in the blue hills.

i chose the latter and rode hard enough to puke.

obtuse
Floyd? Is that you?

What's you BH route? Let's compare notes.

gary135r
07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
It's clean, thats why they got the brooms.

Mike
I heard a player was found with a corked broom.