PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hincapie #3?

davep
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I noticed during today's prologue that George was wearing #3, and I thought that the team leader wears #1. Going to the rider list http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/RIDERS/us/partants.html it appears that Disco is number in alphabetical order. The other teams have ther leader at the #1 spot and then the rest alphabetically. Since George started last I assume he is the team leader, taking the mantle from Lance, so why #3?

Grant McLean
07-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I think that Bruyneel said in an interview yesterday that the team has no
offical "leader". They're going to see what happens. Savodelli has won
the giro twice, Popi is kinda young, and GH has never been a GC contender.
It should be very interesting to see how they play it.

g

Elefantino
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Same thing with CSC.

It's the alphabetical order.

davep
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I had noticed that about CSC too, but if Julich is the team leader works either way. Is he the leader now that Basso is gone?

Elefantino
07-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I had noticed that about CSC too, but if Julich is the team leader works either way. Is he the leader now that Basso is gone?

He or Sastre. The team is in shambles.

The Spider
07-01-2006, 08:19 PM
imagine what's going on inside the T-Mobile bus.

three and a half thousand k is along way to ride without a goal or purpose. Morale must be non-existent.

Elefantino
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
But they're rocking on the Saunier Duval/Prodir bus. Millar is back, sort of, and Gibo the Whiner just won his third Giro.

Forza Italia!

:banana:

Avispa
07-02-2006, 12:10 AM
But they're rocking on the Saunier Duval/Prodir bus. Millar is back, sort of, and Gibo just won his third Giro.

Say what... Was Gutierrez name in one of them bags too? Holy Crap Batman! :eek: :eek: