PDA

View Full Version : OT: any experiences good/bad Infiniti G37 sedan?

eddief
07-06-2016, 11:31 PM
just researching and wondering? I know it ain't a BMW. Don't want a BMW. So don't tell me to buy one. G37 sounds comfy, fast enough, decent handling. What am I missing?

carpediemracing
07-06-2016, 11:56 PM
One of the local riders is also a car guy. He worked at Cannondale for a while and then he worked at Limerock for a while. He drives a G37... jeez I can't remember if it's a sedan or a coupe now. I'll ask him what he thinks of it.

dgauthier
07-07-2016, 01:20 AM
How about it ain't a Lexus?

Really, if you're going to do the Japanese luxury sedan thing, why pick number two? I can't tell you how many times I've heard friends say they had a BMW, they had a Mercedes, then they bought a Lexus and now that's all they'll consider. They *don't* say, "When I got that Infiniti, man, that was it." It's Lexus. Just Lexus.

jghall
07-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Yes it ain't a BMW, but pretty close. And mostly without the headache too.

Had a G35x, nice car. Would recommend. Sporty, handles well, a tad rough riding, somewhat crappy mpg though. The "M" series is nice too. Being a larger, more expensive car, geared more for the upscale crowd.

Also had/have a Lexus, a little better put together. Model specific, probably not as sporty, softer ride, better mpg. A little more disconnect to steering/road than the "I".

07-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Lexus has done the marketing thing best, and Acura has been the worst at maintaining sales, but Infiniti is very good. The ride is less plush and much firmer than a Lexus, but if you like a M-series ride rather than a Cadillac, the Infiniti is worth considering. Infinitis are fun vehicles to drive, are extremely reliable, and priced below the comparable Lexus in the used market. We had a G37 coupe and had one collision; when the body shop delivered it back, they were very complimentary about how well the chassis and body were designed. I certainly can say that on fast twisty roads, a G37 out handles any Lexus. In terms of long-term reliability, the G37 scores just as well as any of the comparable Lexus models. The G37 is definitely the sweet spot of the Infiniti line as well; they make a couple good SUVs but the cosmetics of all the luxury Japanese SUVs has been lacking for the last few years. The back seat on the G37 is a bit tight. The trunk is shallow top to bottom but is deep. I can get a bike in with just the front wheel removed, and add an extra pair of wheels and luggage around the edges.