PDA

View Full Version : Bikes are too big? Not in the US anyway.

Cicli
07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/04/holland-struggles-with-the-problem-of-the-ever-expanding-dutch-b/

avalonracing
07-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Freakin' MTBs are. People are having to buy whole new rack systems to accommodate the giant wheels and ridiculously wide handlebars. They pretty much won't fit inside a hatchback car or smaller wagon anymore.

Cicli
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Freakin' MTBs are. People are having to buy whole new rack systems to accommodate the giant wheels and ridiculously wide handlebars. They pretty much won't fit inside a hatchback car or smaller wagon anymore.

I see those things all over. I had a fat bike years ago. The best bike I ever sold. Hated it.

gdw
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
"Hummer bikes"? Are those confined to the Rossebuurt or are they freely circulating around the city?

peanutgallery
07-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Bit the wide bars and big tires are oh so nice to roll the trails. Wouldn't have it any other way, totally worth the hassle