PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due: Good Customer Service…

CampyorBust
07-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Recently I have experienced great customer service within the cycling industry. We sometimes bitch and moan about not being treated right by companies or bike shops but rarely do we go out of our way to say thanks. So here goes, who has dun right by me…

:hello:
Zoic – Liner warranty – new liners within a few days.
Castelli – Bib warranty, my favorite chamois, I sewed them up once and rode them until they were beyond mending, had me a new set of bibs in short order.
Cane Creek – Shock warranty, I was riding a new shock within a week!
Fox – Shock warranty
Sram – I know we rag on them here and despite not having end user customer service they dun me good via LBS.
Same for Shimano – sent out a replacement when they were scarce, the shop which attempted to install it not so much.
Lezyne – Sent me a missing part for free!
Performance bike – Outstanding CS back in the day when my buddy and I first got serious about mtbs.

Huge THANKS and thumbs up to these guys for taking care of me. :beer:The bike industry ain't all that bad, actually I am very glad we have one as diverse as we do.:) So um when are those 32" carbon fat bikes coming out with, 50mm deep, 100mm wide wheels, 13 speed, optional internal motor and water bladder?

I think good end user customer service is critical to a business’s success nowadays it just makes damn good sense.

Who has dun right by you?

vqdriver
07-04-2016, 01:32 PM
i'll echo zoic and sram.

trp/tektro has been great to me as well. great follow up down the line and the people there seemed genuinely interested in helping out. oh, and they pick up the phone too. genius!

Cicli
07-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Thats great.

I bought a couple of Jersey Bin bags last week. One split at the plastic weld seam before I even used it. I sent them an email yesterday (sunday) and the guy replied today (holiday) stating replacements are going in tomorrows mail. Awesome.

unterhausen
07-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Polar gave me some water bottle caps when I asked to buy one.

Boa has a good warranty, they set me up to get my shoes back working again after the lace got stuck, lake being no help

bikinchris
07-04-2016, 04:06 PM
The two manufacturers that give me the best support at my tiny shop are Topeak and SRAM.

cinema
07-04-2016, 04:24 PM
niterider has sent me a bunch of free attachment parts that i've lost or broken over the years. rivendell has sent me free struts. hope and cane creek too. bike people are the best people but to be fair we do spend quite a bit on our hobbies which keeps these companies in business

sg8357
07-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Sent my Ibex knickers in to get the pad resewn,
was sent a new pair.
Kicker, shorts were at least 3 years old.

Bought Ibex's new bib shorts, very nice.

kurto
07-04-2016, 04:57 PM
You all know it, but Rapha has great customer service. They're serious about their product repair guarantee and keeping customers happy, and they even replaced a merino base layer for me that the warranty doesn't cover. Their stuff is pricey, and you may not dig their image and ads (though I like them), but they stand behind their gear and have always answered my questions and concerns over phone or email. Good people there.

dgauthier
07-04-2016, 06:04 PM
+1 for Performance. I bought some redesigned Castelli bibs from the Santa Monica store, rode them once, and hated everything about them. They gave me a full refund with zero hassle.

Brian Cdn
07-04-2016, 07:47 PM
TRP

Treated me right with good customer service, replacement parts and follow up emails.

:)

paredown
07-04-2016, 09:36 PM
I purchased a used Feedback Sports Pro bike stand.

When I received it, it was missing some doodad or other(I actually forget what it was)--I called them to purchase the part.

After taking down all my details they shipped it out for free.

SoCalSteve
07-04-2016, 11:36 PM
ENVE has amazing customer service! Bought a used seatpost from someone on here. The bolting mechanism ( $30.00 part ) was a bit funky. Called them up, they sent me a replacement free of charge. No questions asked.

Now that is great customer service!!!

LJohnny
07-05-2016, 12:20 AM
I have a Blackburn floor pump that from time to time breaks (read --about every 3-4 yrs--). But the good news is that when it does go down, the company replaces it with a new one, under warranty.

Not many companies like this left.

Satellite
07-05-2016, 12:37 AM
ENVE is amazing they did a crash replacement for a second hand set of wheels that FEDEX destroyed. I couldn't ask more of a company. They even rebuilt the wheels with an SES rim and added extra decals and brake pads for my other wheel. Simply amazing customer service.

I am very brand loyal and I have a full cockpit built with ENVE. If it says ENVE I have it they are that good of a company.

Satellite
07-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Oh also Allan Wanta he went over the call of duty to make sure I was happy with my C50 restoration custom paint job. I changed my mind more than once and he was very accommodating and patient with me. I would certainly use him in the future for any restoration project.

txcid05
07-05-2016, 12:47 AM
ENVE is amazing they did a crash replacement for a second hand set of wheels that FEDEX destroyed. I couldn't ask more of a company. They even rebuilt the wheels with an SES rim and added extra decals and brake pads for my other wheel. Simply amazing customer service.

I am very brand loyal and I have a full cockpit built with ENVE. If it says ENVE I have it they are that good of a company.

+1 Enve is awesome.

Satellite
07-05-2016, 12:54 AM
+1 Enve is awesome.

Yep even after being bought out usually that is the end of a great company. Oakley and Chipotle come to mind. But ENVE had stayed fast to customer service. If they keep that business model they will do just fine into the future. Fingers crossed.

cadence90
07-05-2016, 01:02 AM
+1 Enve is awesome.

Yep even after being bought out usually that is the end of a great company. Oakley and Chipotle come to mind. But ENVE had stayed fast to customer service. If they keep that business model they will do just fine into the future. Fingers crossed.

+2.
I have not purchased anything big from ENVE, but an ENVE CX fork came on a used Psychlo-X I bought.

ENVE CS (Aaron Strock) was fantastic in replying to my questions, and when I asked about the canti boss spec on the fork, he provided the spec AND sent 2 pairs of bosses in the mail. Fantastic. :beer:

Sat, was ENVE bought out? When?

Satellite
07-05-2016, 01:08 AM
+2

Sat, was ENVE bought out? When?

Yep they sure we're the article was 22 Feb 2016:

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/international/2016/02/22/mavics-owner-amer-sports-buys-enve-composites-50-million#.V3tOI2ZMGf0

My crash replacement was under Mavic's ownership so KUDOS on them for taking care of my situation when they had no obligation to do so. That's just good customer service. I love this thread because usually customer service is a bash feast.

cadence90
07-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Yep they sure we're the article was 22 Feb 2016:

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/international/2016/02/22/mavics-owner-amer-sports-buys-enve-composites-50-million#.V3tOI2ZMGf0

My crash replacement was under Mavic's ownership so KUDOS on them for taking care of my situation when they had no obligation to do so. That's just good customer service. I love this thread because usually customer service is a bash feast.

Thanks.
All my dealings with ENVE also occurred after Feb 2016. They have been great.

Good point.
Thankfully not another PBK thread.

ontarget
07-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Recently had a problem with a Cateye computer. When I called, the representative was knowledgeable and understood the problem. He said it wasn't worth trying to fix it, as a fix may not be reliable. He shipped an upgraded replacement right away.

I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Tony
07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
King Cages. Great customer service! Repaired two cages that were deliberately ripped off my bike, no charge.