PDA

View Full Version : NBC Sports Gold (Cycling Pass) for Roku

Tony T
07-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Roku App. $30 for the cycling pass: http://www.nbcsports.com/gold

Live Streaming & On-Demand Coverage of 15 Races Including:

Tour de France Vuelta a Espana Paris Nice Paris Roubaix

Exclusive to Gold members: Relive the five best stages of the 2015 Tour de France
Extensive highlights, exclusive features and interviews with the biggest names in cycling
No ads
Tour de France
Exclusive Features:
GPS tracking, interactive maps
Race previews, highlights and results
Live time trial results for every split finish line

rockdude
07-02-2016, 08:14 AM
What happen to NBCsports Live. I am sure that is how I watched the tour the last few years. It had Live streaming and on demand afterwards and it was free with my cable subscription. Does the NBC sports Gold provide the some service now for an extra $30?

saab2000
07-02-2016, 08:31 AM
This is probably $30 well spent. When I get home in a couple days I'll probably pony up the cash and do this.

Mzilliox
07-02-2016, 09:27 AM
my regular NBC isn't showing Day 1, not sure if it will show any days? I purchased Gold but cant get it to sync with my apple TV. grrrrrrr.

Tony T
07-02-2016, 10:38 AM
On cable, I get the TDF on NBCSports.

unterhausen
07-02-2016, 10:54 AM
This is probably $30 well spent. When I get home in a couple days I'll probably pony up the cash and do this.comcast already takes too much money, now they want another $30? Also auto-renews next year. I wish my credit card company would give out one-time use numbers like some do.

rockdude
07-02-2016, 03:01 PM
On cable, I get the TDF on NBCSports.

I have it on my dish but it has commercials every 2 minutes and doesn't provide on demand services to watch afterwards.

rnhood
07-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Just download the Kodi application, then install the NBCSN add-on. Voila, and its dead free.

Tony T
07-02-2016, 03:47 PM
I have it on my dish but it has commercials every 2 minutes and doesn't provide on demand services to watch afterwards.

DVR?
I've not watched anything "live" in years.
Even if I want to watch 'real time', I wait about a ½ hr or so and then watch the recording so that I can skip past the commercials.

Other than that, a Roku and NBCSports Gold will give the TDF at a reasonable price.

kfreytag
07-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Just ran out to buy a Gen 4 AppleTV yesterday 'cause NBC released the NBC Gold app for it (had two Gen 2 AppleTVs, but those are no-go).

Having cut the cord with cable, We're all Netflix / Amazon Prime / Sling on TiVo / AppleTV / Amazon FireTV.

BTW, the latest TiVo is actually really good, despite the fact that they completely screwed up their business model and sold the company for nuthin'.

hooter
07-02-2016, 06:02 PM
This is probably $30 well spent. When I get home in a couple days I'll probably pony up the cash and do this.

The app worked great for me on a Roku stick (newest version) and on my cellphone (Samsung S6). Fast, easy to use, and no advertising. I was logged into both at the same time, watching live video on the Roku and following the map on the cellphone.

saab2000
07-02-2016, 09:04 PM
comcast already takes too much money, now they want another $30? Also auto-renews next year. I wish my credit card company would give out one-time use numbers like some do.

I don't have Comcast or any other subscription for TV. If I get the Tour coverage via the Roku it will be a stand alone $30.

unterhausen
07-02-2016, 09:06 PM
anyone got it to work on an amzon fire tv?

jwess1234
07-02-2016, 09:28 PM
What happen to NBCsports Live. I am sure that is how I watched the tour the last few years. It had Live streaming and on demand afterwards and it was free with my cable subscription. Does the NBC sports Gold provide the some service now for an extra $30?

What happened--NBC fail again... That is how I watched it previously--you know by paying for the channel. And then on one of the lower viewer count sports, they charge a gate to watch replays. Another reason this network is faltering.

Still worse--when trying to watch on NBC's apps (roku, iphone, windows) and on their website, they prominently spoil the stage right on the landing pages... incompetence.

rant over:mad:

Rpoole8537
07-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Does NBC Sports Gold offer any additional coverage other than cycling. I signed on to the site through Roku 2 last night. I provided my four digit code. This morning, it would not allow me in to Gold without establishing a new account. The FAQ on the Gold site is not clear. HELP ME!

LJohnny
08-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I've been watching La Vuelta on this app and I am impressed by the video quality and overall reliability of the app. There isn't as much information on the stages as there was for the TdF, but overall, not too bad.

This, so far, has been a very good investment for the included races.

Cheerio!