PDA

View Full Version : marriage woes, ksyrium style...

AngryScientist
06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
So, I've got a widowed ksyrium front that came to me in pretty sad condition, but after a little cleaning up, turns out to be pretty OK. Looks like the type below, the silver version of these.

i'm considering building a rear wheel that will sort of match the front, doesnt need to be exact, i'm not OCD like that. I figure a nice light wheelset for my carbon bike is a decent idea.

if you had a front like this, how would you build something for the rear? thoughts welcome.

help an old ksyrium widow find love again!

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/legacy/bikeradar/categories/cycling/component/wheels/wheel-set/images/mavicksyriumsscsl-700-80.jpg

tuscanyswe
06-28-2016, 02:00 PM
I have a front like this in mint condition. I also have a mint rear with a busted rim. Im planning to hold out until i can find a rear rim.

Havent toyed with the idea of having unmatched wheels yet but id probably find something at least as deep or a tad deeper. umm wait a min. Never mind, id never get passed the looks of the front spokes with normal spokes in the rear .)

Im sure others will come up with great ideas so ill just read and c what comes out of the thread instead.

AngryScientist
06-28-2016, 02:02 PM
i think these must kill rears first as a matter of course. ebay is littered with front ksyrium wheels, but hardly any orphaned rears.

tuscanyswe
06-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Mine was "killed" during shipping but yes i think you are right. I had the same thoughts just a week ago when i had a look.

thwart
06-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Good riding buddy had his rear break a few yrs ago. Had 15-20 K miles on it at that point, so to be fair it had served him well.

Got a warranty replacement somehow.

I'd think if push came to shove a silver DA 28 hole hub, Sapim x-ray spokes and a silver H + Son Archetype rim could work...

weisan
06-28-2016, 02:38 PM
angry pal, you already knew about the "modified" Ks that I built. What started all that was I bought two brand new K rims from a young gentleman a while back without realizing just how much trouble and $$$ it will take to obtain the proprietary spokes, nipples and hub etc. So, I ended up just drill the damn thing and convert it to a "normal" wheel.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=25248&page=5

zzy
06-28-2016, 08:39 PM
I have an old silver Kysrium elite rear that was orphaned long ago. Campy freehub, in great shape. PM if interested.

oldpotatoe
06-29-2016, 07:32 AM
So, I've got a widowed ksyrium front that came to me in pretty sad condition, but after a little cleaning up, turns out to be pretty OK. Looks like the type below, the silver version of these.

i'm considering building a rear wheel that will sort of match the front, doesnt need to be exact, i'm not OCD like that. I figure a nice light wheelset for my carbon bike is a decent idea.

if you had a front like this, how would you build something for the rear? thoughts welcome.

help an old ksyrium widow find love again!

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/legacy/bikeradar/categories/cycling/component/wheels/wheel-set/images/mavicksyriumsscsl-700-80.jpg

Silver Velocity Fusion laced to some sort of silver hub? Like a Velocity one?