PDA

View Full Version : How about one single thread about the Tour exclusions?

Roy E. Munson
06-30-2006, 06:47 AM
We know this is ganna be the hot topic today, and already there are like 5+ threads brewing. Can we make one thread and carry on there?

Fixed
06-30-2006, 07:11 AM
bro could this be good new if you'r a fan of the u.s. riders in the tour?
cheers

bostondrunk
06-30-2006, 07:12 AM
bro could this be good new if you'r a fan of the u.s. riders in the tour?
cheers

bro, whats your address so I send can you the grammer hooked phonics on book atmo imho cheers keno

keno
06-30-2006, 07:18 AM
you be a funnyass. What we drinking today?

keno

bostondrunk
06-30-2006, 07:19 AM
you be a funnyass. What we drinking today?

keno

tim hortons single single!

flydhest
06-30-2006, 07:21 AM
. . . and not as in "duck." Discovery has their own doctor who is better at not getting caught?

Seriously, It's looking more like an American Tour. Have I read carefully enough to say Disco, Phonak, and Gerolsteiner have not had anyone ejected? Is Disco better than Phonak as a team? I gotta believe Floyd is better than George, but what about the bench?

The last word I read on Vino was that he's back in. Is that still the case?

bostondrunk
06-30-2006, 07:23 AM
. . . and not as in "duck." Discovery has their own doctor who is better at not getting caught?

Seriously, It's looking more like an American Tour. Have I read carefully enough to say Disco, Phonak, and Gerolsteiner have not had anyone ejected? Is Disco better than Phonak as a team? I gotta believe Floyd is better than George, but what about the bench?

I assume this means he's out (from cyclingnews):

ASO rejects CAS decision
Astaná-Würth
Photo ©: AFP
The Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to allow Astaná-Würth to race in the Tour has been rejected by organisers ASO, who issued a statement to that effect late Thursday. ASO pointed out that "CAS nevertheless recognised that the Tour de France has to 'take its responsibilities' and that it wished to preserve its race and 'to defend the interests of the sport of cycling'.

"The organisers of the Tour de France regret CAS claimed "the absence of official information" and the fact that "there is currently more uncertainty than facts established concretely" while, according to its own terms, 'many disturbing elements were revealed on this team.' For all that, facing the blight of doping, the determination of the Tour de France remains intact."

Franc info reported on Friday morning that ASO also received the official Operacion Puerto report last night, and have been studying it. "We will take the responsibility if the teams don't take responsibility themselves," said race boss Jean-Marie Leblanc, who pointed out that the teams are bound to the code of ethics.

Skrawny
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Has the sport become all about which teams are best at dodging the dope tests?
-s

christian
06-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Has the sport become all about which teams are best at dodging the dope tests?

Si.

Avispa
06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=226616&postcount=9

BTW, where is e-Ritchey? We need to reads his words...

e-RICHIE
06-30-2006, 11:02 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=226616&postcount=9

BTW, where is e-Ritchey? We need to reads his words...

let all the riders run for governor of california (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076578/) atmo.

Russell
06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
not sure if posted elsewhere:

New doping charges for CSC?
As if one doping scandal were not enough, French newspaper L'Equipe has published further doping allegations concerning the CSC squad, in its Friday, June 30 edition. A plastic bag filled with syringes was reportedly found by a cleaning person in a Parisian underground parking lot on the eve of Spring Classic Paris-Roubaix, on April 8. ´

The man accidentally pin-pricked himself with one of the needles and lodged a complaint with the police. A witness told investigators that he had seen several people step out of a car labeled with the name of the team's sponsor, that transported and deposited the bag in question.

There are thus about 100 syringes that are currently being analysed by judicial expert lab Toxlab, but the needles are reported to have been meticulously cleaned before being discharged. However, the Paris-based lab is said to have secured one particular molecule, but they haven't been able to identify it yet. Spanish police has also been contacted to see if similar substances had been seized in the Operación Puerto raid last may.

also this was interesting:

Arthur Tabat, Ullrich friend and organizer of the "Rund um Köln" race: "This is the end of his career. There is surely something to the charges. Jan is a great cyclist, who also had great results without doping. The problem in the current situation is: if you don't dope, you don't win the Tour."

Fat Robert
06-30-2006, 12:13 PM
mancebo just re-freaking-tired. quit.

dang.

yeah, csc is full of good ol american heroes (like tyler). anybody really believe mr. 60's team is squeaky clean? and how about johan doin the holier-than-thou?

pdxmech13
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
could be spains little angel
if the race really starts

Fat Robert
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
for how long?

seems like a lot of his kelme and current teammates are under scrutiny

this was just one doping network, of presumably many

maybe valverde will stay fresh and green, maybe he won't

e-RICHIE
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
i don't like to cross post - but this is a hoot:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showpost.php?p=678454&postcount=1

shaq-d
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM

the american governing bodies don't go nuts on the riders like they do in europe. free pass for americans.

sd

Erik.Lazdins
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
could be spains little angel
if the race really starts

He has come through unscathed and on a great year. Whatever pressure he was feeling to perform has just been increased.

Lunar Probe
06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
yawn

Climb01742
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
yawn

you posted that same yawn in four threads. a bit of effort for someone so bored and disinterested.

keno
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
maybe he's a sleep typer.

keno

bozman
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
this may seem heretical in these here parts but maybe, just maybe, americans, hamilton excluded, don't get caught because there is nothing to catch.

maybe lance really is telling the truth.

maybe this yellow bracelet is cutting off the blood supply to my brain.

seriously, though, not only is there no "innocent until proven guilty" in professional cycling but it does not seem to exist in this forum, either.

:crap: