PDA

View Full Version : today was sean yates (sorta)

Climb01742
04-03-2004, 07:05 PM
out on my motorola mx leader today and i suddenly realized i was riding with my hands way out on the hoods, back down low. how many of you old-timers like me remember watching sean yates ride? he loved riding way out on the hoods. i admired how he rode. a hard man, born english but his soul seemed pure flanders. got me thinking...any pros (current or retired) who's riding style really sticks in your mind? :bike:

shinomaster
04-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Was such a big stud. I just rememer him riding away from the peloton with Johan Bruneel on his wheel in Belgium in the Tour one year, and again dusting the pack with Luc LeBlanc. I was so impressed by his his pure strength. He just looked ahead with his sun glasses covering his eyes and grimaced and destroyed all who opposed him. Such was his power. He was also the time trial ninja master of the decade. I'm not so sure if sheriff lance could have ridden away from big Mig.... :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

BumbleBeeDave
04-04-2004, 12:35 AM
He looks like a praying mantis with a bad case of St. Vitus’ Dance when he stands up. Utterly Weird!

BBDave

Andreu
04-04-2004, 05:54 AM
I always thought Francesco Moser was born to ride a bike. He just looks right. I am not sure how tall he is (or Sean Yates) but the guys who appear to be the most stylish always seem to be tall chaps. I am average height and average build and look like a gringo (term used in Scotland for cyclists who may be bollards (crap) or not stylish) on a bike.
A

Climb01742
04-04-2004, 06:00 AM
gringos. that would be us. least me. good word. but how the heck did a bunch of scots start using a spanish word? a dinner of bad haggus? :p

Andreu
04-04-2004, 06:12 AM
I don't know...I am not sure they use "Gringo" any more...I'd like to think they do because its such a good word...and since I am living in Spain as a special resonance.
A gringo in exile.
A