PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick

tjk23
06-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Going out to hopefully buy a new bike today. The dealers are an hour apart. I'm looking at a Cannondale Hi Mod with full Dura Ace or a Pinarello Gan with full Ultegra. Bike are the same price and I am completely torn. Any suggestions.

Chris
06-25-2016, 10:20 AM
If cache is your thing then the Pinarello wins.

If it's bang for your buck, and you don't mind being on what the other guys are riding, then it's Cannondale.

CampyorBust
06-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Go with the frame you like and fits best, you can always upgrade to Campy later on.;)

Going on looks alone - Pinarello ftw.

vqdriver
06-25-2016, 10:22 AM
hate to say it because I know it's not much help to you, but you gotta go with the better fit. value means nothing if it don't feel right. and there's no better way than to toss your leg over it and actually go for a few miles, maybe not a 'real' ride, but not circles in the parking lot either.

at that price level, the shop will hold your license or cc and expect you to be gone for 30 min or so. tip, ask to borrow or take your own allens so you can make minor adjustments to maximize the value of your time.

if they both feel good to you then go with the better shop. at an hour's drive away, you want to deal with people you like.

Tickdoc
06-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Gots to ride em.

tjk23
06-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Heading out now. Probably going to go with the Cannondale. I'm not a real fan of the shop with the Pinarello. Last time I went in there no one even acknowledged me. The Pinarello just really caught me eye.

Tickdoc
06-25-2016, 11:06 AM
Heading out now. Probably going to go with the Cannondale. I'm not a real fan of the shop with the Pinarello. Last time I went in there no one even acknowledged me. The Pinarello just really caught me eye.

Great choice, either bike. But, I would still recommend trying others while you are there. Five minutes is enough time for you to fall in or out of love with one or another.

Congrats and have fun....be sure to post back w pics and some ride reports.

tjk23
06-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up with the Cannondale Evo Hi Mod. I love the bike and can't stop looking at it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but my very understanding and supportive wife said "Just get the bike you want, you know you're going to get the use out of it". It is almost 3lbs lighter than my previous bike, I can't wait until morning to go riding.

Matthew
06-25-2016, 07:13 PM
I think you made the right choice. In bikes and girls.

vqdriver
06-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Fun.
Congrats. We need "baby announcement" pics

Tandem Rider
06-25-2016, 09:06 PM

Second

Vera J. Hogue
06-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Nice selection.This bike are also great and having a good features.

soulspinner
06-26-2016, 05:23 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up with the Cannondale Evo Hi Mod. I love the bike and can't stop looking at it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but my very understanding and supportive wife said "Just get the bike you want, you know you're going to get the use out of it". It is almost 3lbs lighter than my previous bike, I can't wait until morning to go riding.

congrads but pics please.:beer:

oldpotatoe
06-26-2016, 05:56 AM

Sometimes you buy the bike shop as much as the bike. I have a soft spot for the Italian brand(even tho I know where it was built), but ride the snot outta the C-Dale.

tjk23
06-26-2016, 08:35 AM
First ride in the books. I rode the same route as I did yesterday on my old bike. I was faster by over a 1 mph, probably placebo effect. But the ride quality was amazingly different. The bike is incredibly smooth, feels like I'm floating. I know this may sound cliché but the bike wastes no power. I normally stay in the saddle to climb, but this bike makes climbing out of the saddle fun. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a descent one, only have an I-phone to take it with. I told the wife today that both her and the bike are way too good for me.

dgauthier
06-26-2016, 09:14 AM

Third. Both are keepers!