PDA

View Full Version : etap question

vqdriver
06-22-2016, 12:58 PM
I know it's not wifli, but I also know you can fudge that with mech systems to work with larger cogs in back.

any idea if the etap rear can be adjusted as well? nothing crazy like a 1x system, but maybe a 32?

sandyrs
06-22-2016, 01:02 PM
I know it's not wifli, but I also know you can fudge that with mech systems to work with larger cogs in back.

any idea if the etap rear can be adjusted as well? nothing crazy like a 1x system, but maybe a 32?

Apparently the limiting factor is the battery unit so perhaps not.

guido
06-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Apparently the limiting factor is the battery unit so perhaps not.

Please explain this... I'm not sure I'm following that reason. With all other derailleurs its a geometry thing, either the arm is long enough to take up the chain or not or the "b" screw can give you enough clearance for the big cog or not...

Joxster
06-22-2016, 02:19 PM
The initial wifli and Shimano used an mtb cage on a road mech for testing purposes only ;)

mistermo
06-22-2016, 02:36 PM
There are reports that it works with 11-30 out of the box.

sandyrs
06-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Please explain this... I'm not sure I'm following that reason. With all other derailleurs its a geometry thing, either the arm is long enough to take up the chain or not or the "b" screw can give you enough clearance for the big cog or not...

I was reporting hearsay a friend told me so I'm not an expert but I'd been told the placement of the battery had the potential to interfere with shifting across wider cassettes. Essentially a variation on the 'b' screw issue. I don't know.