PDA

View Full Version : WTB Horizon or BG RocknRoad 650b availability in PDX

protorio
06-21-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm in Portland for work the next couple days… Does anyone know a local shop who might have these tires in stock – or where to look?

Thanks!

559Rando
06-23-2016, 10:29 AM
I would look at any of our 100s of exclusively 650B randonneur-oriented bike stores. Or one of our unicorn store might have some in back. :banana:

Seriously...what did you end up getting? The Pari Motos?

Good times meeting up the other day!

raygunner
06-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Is the 650b store near the other store that sells cycling "street wear" and socks of the PDX airport carpet?

I went into that place, cool space but I have no clue how they pay the rent.

559Rando
06-23-2016, 01:14 PM
I went into that place, cool space but I have no clue how they pay the rent.

I don't know how anyone here pays rent. My barber closes at 5 M-F and is closed all weekend. LOL

It's also very hip to have a shop, but never open it.

kevinvc
06-23-2016, 02:22 PM
I would try Western Bike Works or BikeTiresDirect. Both have a big online presence, but also have local stores where you can pick up the product. Because so much of their business is over the internet they have a greater amount of stock in local warehouses than most LBS.

You might also want to call Fat Tire Farm since they specialize in offroad bike stuff.

What rides are you thinking of doing while you're in town?

CMiller
06-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Norther Cycles are cool dudes, and if they don't have it I bet they can tell you who would!

The shop is worth a stop too.

PacNW2Ford
06-23-2016, 07:04 PM
I would try Western Bike Works or BikeTiresDirect. Both have a big online presence, but also have local stores where you can pick up the product. Because so much of their business is over the internet they have a greater amount of stock in local warehouses than most LBS.

You might also want to call Fat Tire Farm since they specialize in offroad bike stuff.

What rides are you thinking of doing while you're in town?

Website says "in stock" at Western Bikeworks

R3awak3n
06-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I am sure a few stores sell compass tires as well.

Which reminds me, I need to ask yall for some rides in PDX, going to be there with a bike for a month next month :banana: