PDA

View Full Version : Descente jerseys: Any good?

BdaGhisallo
06-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Anyone tried the new lines from Descente? I am thinking primarily of the Coolmatic jerseys. With a name like that they must be great in hot weather, right?

But seriously, any feedback out there? I notice that they don't use raglan sleeves, which is not so nice, but how are they otherwise?

malcolm
06-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I have a couple and I like them. They tend to run a bit larger in the upper torso which is good for me. I've got a wide back and shoulders. The arms are finished like a t-shirt, cut square not snug around the biceps. I thought I wouldn't like the sleeves but have not really noticed them. They are full zip and seem to be well made. This is my first season with them and so far so good. I did 100mi in 95+ degree heat day before yesterday and no complaints related to the jersey at least. I also have a light vented jacket by them that has 2 winters on it and it has done well with zero care other than being pitched in the washer and hung to dry.

Fat Robert
06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
they zip up and down, they have pockets in the back, they keep you from getting sunburned. in short, they do what jerseys do. they're fine.

Kevan
06-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Oops! I mean... by enlarge jerseys are jerseys. I have to say I wasn't dazzled by a pair shorts I bought 2 years ago. Wore out pretty fast.

djg
06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a couple--picked 'em up for a song and I like them pretty well. They seem to do the wicking thing pretty well and they seem pretty well made. They're roomier in the shoulders than, say, Castelli but they're not baggy like some of the PI stuff.

itsalldark
06-29-2006, 05:01 PM
The company is now owned by Hugh Walton, the guy who brought you Pearl Izumi---which was a great company until he and Stan left to do other things.

cruzroadie
06-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Jersey is Ok. stay away from the element vest, zipper failed after 2 uses and gentle washing. luckily colorado cyclist accepted return for refund.