PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo SR 11 Ergopower shifters - what to lube mech with?

R332
06-19-2016, 11:47 PM
I recently completed a couple of very dirty gravel rides and noticed that the internal mechanism on my 2015 SR Ergopower levers are covered in dirt and filth. What is the recommended way to clean and lube the moving parts inside these levers? My plan was a gentle spray of water, let them dry out and then apply a light weight 'dry' lube…..or is this frowned upon :no: ?

oldpotatoe
06-20-2016, 06:29 AM
I recently completed a couple of very dirty gravel rides and noticed that the internal mechanism on my 2015 SR Ergopower levers are covered in dirt and filth. What is the recommended way to clean and lube the moving parts inside these levers? My plan was a gentle spray of water, let them dry out and then apply a light weight 'dry' lube…..or is this frowned upon :no: ?

That'll work altho a fair mount of the innards are steel. Perhaps a blast of a light lube, compressed air, another blast. The only thing really enclosed is the shift disc itself and even that, along with the rest of the insides, are pretty burley.

R332
06-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Thanks oldpotatoe. Good to know that a bit of air and some lube likely won't damage anything inside these costly units :beer: