PDA

View Full Version : OT? FitBit/Garmin for Newb

559Rando
06-17-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking about finally getting a wearable, probably a FitBit Blaze or maybe a Garmin vivoactive plus an accompanying scale.

I'm hoping to get some sleep tracking, activity tracking, reminders to move and robust weight/body comp trending.

Any tips/cautions/advice?

Thanks! :banana:

Cicli
06-17-2016, 02:05 PM
I use an Apple watch for that. Works well. I broke three fitbits. Finally on the third one, I returned it. The band would split at the unit.

bart998
06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
If you are a Strava user your Fitbit and Strava accounts will share info... comes in handy.

hooter
06-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Check out their websites and apps to see which one you like better. I have a Garmin vivoactive and my wife has a Fitbit. I like the Garmin better and my wife likes the Fitbit better. I like the Garmin because it does a better job tracking activities for me. My wife likes the Fitbit better because she could never get use to Garmin's app and doesn't care about tracking activities, she just uses it for steps and calories.

hooter
06-17-2016, 02:46 PM
If you are a Strava user your Fitbit and Strava accounts will share info... comes in handy.

You can also link your Garmin account with Strava, RWGPS and MFP.

JAGI410
06-17-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm also loving my Apple Watch (7 months of use or so) over a year with the Fitbit Charge HR. Sleep tracking isn't really possible, but the novelty of that feature with the Fitbit wore off quick.