PDA

View Full Version : Lake Como / Lake Garda

athekap
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
My wife and I are going to be in Lake Como and Lake Garda areas in early August. We would like to do some road biking, but don't want to ship our Serottas.

Does anyone have any experience with renting good road bikes in this region? Also, any thoughts on resouces for choosing routes, etc.

I can't do an organized group tour because of the timing of the trip.

Fixed
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
bro lake como in lutz fla?
dude that is a nudist resort
have fun
cheers

stevep
06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
ill be in the como area in july with my bike. will look around and see if i can find anyplace to rent a decent bike.
s

ada@prorider.or
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
bro lake como in lutz fla?
dude that is a nudist resort
have fun
cheers

lake come might find some pros there like bugno!

Serotta_Andrew
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
ill be in the como area in july with my bike. will look around and see if i can find anyplace to rent a decent bike.
s

Steve,

will you say hello to Stefano??

stevep
06-28-2006, 06:54 PM
yeah, ill see him over there.
will do.

azrider
06-28-2006, 09:31 PM
athekap.

Where in Como will you be staying? I was there in May and stayed inTremezzo (gotta ask the wife the name of the villa) which is only a short ferry ride to Belagio where we did in fact rent bikes.

If you happen to be in that 'particular' area I HIGHLY recommend riding the 7K climb from Belagio up to the Museo del Ghisalo where the final stage of the Giro began this year. The museum has jerseys from the countries beloved sprinter Cipollini, statues dedicated to sport, an eternal flame that burns for cyclists who have died, and Fabio Casartellis wrecked Eddie Merck Caloi from his fatal crash in the '95 TDF.

We didn't have much luck renting and settled for less than par mountain bikes so if you want to do some riding on 'good' bikes, I'd start doing your homework now.

cheers.

obtuse
06-28-2006, 09:36 PM
lake como is the most perfect place in the world. if i could figure out a way to scrape a living there i would in a minute.

obtuse

saab2000
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
lake como is the most perfect place in the world. if i could figure out a way to scrape a living there i would in a minute.

obtuse

Word.

I lived in Lugano, on the Swiss side of things, for two years. Not bad at all. Have fun. I know I would.......... ;)