PDA

View Full Version : insider tour info

swoop
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
well.. i just got off the phone with my buddy who just left mauro gianetti's place. mauro and simoni had negotiated gibo's contract right there... in front of him with his camera's rolling.
what i heard was this (and take this with lots of grains of salt).... it's very possible that jan won't get to start the tour. that's the rumour going around the swiss alps.

this would bum me out tons. i'll keep sharing all the info and phone calls as long as you know it's all specualtion and rumour.

crud. i posted this iin the wrong place.

Fixed
06-28-2006, 02:46 PM
bro velo says he's got the green light to start .
cheers

zeroking17
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
well.. i just got off the phone with my buddy who just left mauro gianetti's place. mauro and simoni had negotiated gibo's contract right there... in front of him with his camera's rolling.
what i heard was this (and take this with lots of grains of salt).... it's very possible that jan won't get to start the tour. that's the rumour going around the swiss alps.

this would bum me out tons. i'll keep sharing all the info and phone calls as long as you know it's all specualtion and rumour.

crud. i posted this iin the wrong place.

Yes, apparently the TdF org is examining evidence uncovered in the El Pais report. In addition, German press is reporting the Ullrich has floated the idea of submitting a blood sample for DNA testing, which (according to his lawyers) could prove that the blood samples found in Spain (and marked "Jan") were not actually his. As the world turns...

bostondrunk
06-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Well, if they kick Vino or anyone else out, then Jan should get the boot too. It would bum me too, but fair is fair. I mean, the bags had 'Jan' written on them.........
The tour organizers know they'd be shooting themselves in the foot big time if they don't let Jan start....
I hope Vino's buddies in the government put big time pressure on the french. Everyone dopes, everyone knows. Let them race.

bostondrunk
06-29-2006, 07:00 AM
how did this thread end up in the serotta image gallery???

brianmcg321
06-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Is Jan riding a serotta now. Who has the pic?

swoop
06-29-2006, 01:29 PM
my bad.. i hit the wrong buttons. remember last month when i said basso was on the list?

Climb01742
06-29-2006, 01:35 PM
my bad.. i hit the wrong buttons. remember last month when i said basso was on the list?

he was awfully good at the giro. if he and jan both get booted, viva americans!

Bill Bove
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Can the americans pass the scrutiny that would follow a win :confused:

Is atmo correct in that everybody does it and it can't be stopped :confused:

Is there any interest in watching a cat 3 tour :confused:

Is Katherine Harris a total nutcase :confused:

christian
06-29-2006, 02:22 PM
No. Yes. Maybe. Yes.

zeroking17
06-29-2006, 02:29 PM

She's sly as a fox. It's not that easy to steal an election (or maybe it is, and I'm the nutcase).

J.Greene
06-29-2006, 02:57 PM

Yes, and as a Floridian I'm embarrassed she is in office.
JG

stevep
06-29-2006, 03:01 PM
She's sly as a fox. It's not that easy to steal an election (or maybe it is, and I'm the nutcase).

not that hard apparently. it merely requires a complete lack of integrity and honesty and regard for the future of elections in the us. if that shiit had taken place in iran our officials would be laughing at the whole thing and calling it a fraud.

zap
06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Can the americans pass the scrutiny that would follow a win :confused:

Is atmo correct in that everybody does it and it can't be stopped :confused:

Is there any interest in watching a cat 3 tour :confused:

Are you saying all Cat 3's are clean?

Avispa
06-29-2006, 03:31 PM
....German press is reporting the Ullrich has floated the idea of submitting a blood sample for DNA testing, which (according to his lawyers) could prove that the blood samples found in Spain (and marked "Jan") were not actually his....

Like one "needs" to have their own blood for doping! As long as the [doped] blood is compatible with the rider's blood it can be used for cheating!

What I mean is that the blood market "JAN" or whatever, doesn't have to be the rider's, it could be for the rider...

Kahuna
06-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Are you saying all Cat 3's are clean?

You bring up one of the most reprehensible forms of cheating I can think of. Doping at the amature level happens. It's sad and it pisses me off. I raced cat 3 for many years and we (my team) knew of or at least suspected more thana few people who had "help" from a little juice now and then.

It's bad enough in the pro European peloton but when you think about the stakes at these silly local uscf races it makes you wonder what planet these people come from.

swoop
06-29-2006, 08:41 PM
You bring up one of the most reprehensible forms of cheating I can think of. Doping at the amature level happens. It's sad and it pisses me off. I raced cat 3 for many years and we (my team) knew of or at least suspected more thana few people who had "help" from a little juice now and then.

It's bad enough in the pro European peloton but when you think about the stakes at these silly local uscf races it makes you wonder what planet these people come from.

it's worse in masters.

Avispa
06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
it's worse in masters.

I am assuming you guys are talking about the US of A, no? Because amateur doping in Europe was/is a real riot!!! It made/makes US Masters look like nice clean guys.

And this comes from a front row "spectator" my friends...

Fixed
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
bro i know a cat 3 master who admits he dopes you know what ..he still sucks ... bro i rode home after a race on my bike with this guy and he starts yellin at drivers ,, I said hey bro we are in my hood they all know me be cool . ...a nut case ... i'll ride home by myself thank you
cheers
oh yeah get this the cat has a festina bike and wears the full kit everytime i see him too much bro

davids
06-30-2006, 05:55 AM
bro i know a cat 3 master who admits he dopes you know what ..he still sucks ... bro i rode home after a race on my bike with this guy and he starts yellin at drivers ,, I said hey bro we are in my hood they all know me be cool . ...a nut case ... i'll ride home by myself thank you
cheers
oh yeah get this the cat has a festina bike and wears the full kit everytime i see him too much bro
The Festina part is hilarious. The rest of it's pathetic...

Fat Robert
06-30-2006, 06:14 AM
The Festina part is hilarious. The rest of it's pathetic...

yo

its all pathetic

i told you guys last year about my old pal (a national qualifier in masters pursuit) who was tellin me all about how i could get back to 2 in a year with the right help

anybody who juices to beat the local dentist is beyond loser