PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried these??

alancw3
06-28-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.airfreetires.com/

alancw3
06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
if they still have the special price of $50 for two when i next need tires i will take the gamble. hey, as much as i am vintage guy i am open to new ideas. just think if they worked! no more carrying pump, tubes, tires, patch kits etc. even if the performance was only like 80% of a conventional tire/tube i might use these for certain rides.

dave thompson
06-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Heavy? What's the ride like? Wear life?

I'll let you be the guinea pig. Report back in two months? :D

alancw3
06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
i would think that there is a diminished ride characteristic, but they everything is a trade off in life. my question is would the sacrifice in ride performance be worth the benefits and piece of mind?

dave thompson
06-28-2006, 01:44 PM
i would think that there is a diminished ride characteristic, but they everything is a trade off in life. my question is would the sacrifice in ride performance be worth the benefits and piece of mind?
I have so few problems and enjoy so many benefits with conventional tires, I don't think I would be willing to spend the money to find out if the 'airless' tires are any better/worse.

Dekonick
06-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Looks like it COULD be interesting for fixee or commuter bikes...

Anyone gonna give it a go? Sandy?!?

Erik.Lazdins
06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
If anyone does try these out, please post the review. I would consider a set for the winter as fixing a flat when its 20 degrees is never quick enough or warm enough.

Ken Robb
06-28-2006, 02:10 PM
and remember the intermediate step: if you are riding a race type 700x23 you can get very high flat-resistance with Ruffy-Tuffys or, if they are too big, the biggest UltraGatorskin you can fit on your bike. They weigh a little more than race tires but not a huge amount.

Specialized Armadillos are very tough too but they ride like bricks.

Dekonick
06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Armadillo's are being used by the maffia because of their brick like characteristics...

Bombproof, but harder than just about anything.