PDA

View Full Version : Potential sale rant

cdn_bacon
06-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Local boy selling Corima carbon wheel set.

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/yrk/bop/5632561489.html

Please see the email response below.

You are asking how many Km’s. It’s not a Honda. Were done.

Subject: Corima Winium Carbon Wheelset

Good morning, I have a few questions concerning the wheelset.
Tubular?
Approx km's? And approx tire amount left on the Tufo's?
Are there Skewers?
And do you have an 11spd cassette for sale as well?

Did I miss something in asking that... honestly. That's just how my day is going. And apparently I won't be $520 shorter in the bank.

ColonelJLloyd
06-14-2016, 10:39 AM
He's an imperial kinda guy.

AngryScientist
not someone you want to do business with IMO.

the price was good, maybe. dont even know what brand hubs are in those. dont let that bother you, you saved yourself a hassle most likely.

Mzilliox
wow, charming human. its not a Honda... what is with people, you post something for sale but won't answer A simple question?

Cicli
06-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Oh well. Move on, seems like a jerk.

sandyrs
06-14-2016, 10:50 AM
I think the average craigslist seller falls somewhere between cro-magnon and homo erectus in terms of intelligence, charm and general decency. Of course, the average buyer is typically either a lowballer, a scammer or a creep so I guess the two probably are related. This is why I love the classifieds here so much. :beer:

sandyrs
06-14-2016, 10:51 AM
That said, anyone else want to join me in asking how many KMs are on the wheelset? (Kidding kind of)

Brian Cdn
06-14-2016, 12:13 PM
That said, anyone else want to join me in asking how many KMs are on the wheelset? (Kidding kind of)

I pm'd Cdn Bacon with a similar thoughts a few minutes ago....

redir
06-14-2016, 12:16 PM
No soup for you!

Geesh I hope that guy is not in sales.

FlashUNC
06-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Cubits or gtfo.

Black Dog
06-14-2016, 01:03 PM

Just did. :)

GregL
06-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Walk away. If the seller won't respond to very reasonable, polite questions, you don't want to do business with him.

-Greg

OldCrank
06-14-2016, 01:17 PM
and, with PL, who needs CL?

Anarchist
06-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Just did. :)

As did I.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-14-2016, 01:41 PM

Done.

dustyrider
06-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Don't start with the mileage question. This is your chance to deliver ten fold the pain that is selling on Craigslist. Start with something like: "are the wheels still available?" Work your way up to the manufacturer's rider weight limit, by asking for weight and spoke count in individual emails. Definitely slip in what speed the hub is when you ask about the spacing. Then, BAM!
Ask how many kilometers are on the wheelset!

If you really want to get 'em just pick a parking lot near a public space and tell him you can meet him there at some time. After making him wait for a few minutes past the scheduled time, give a call and tell him you're out to dinner with your wife and have to bring the in-laws home first, but you're on your way.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Don't start with the mileage question. This is your chance to deliver ten fold the pain that is selling on Craigslist. Start with something like: "are the wheels still available?" Work your way up to the manufacturer's rider weight limit, by asking for weight and spoke count in individual emails. Definitely slip in what speed the hub is when you ask about the spacing. Then, BAM!

If you really want to get 'em just pick a parking lot near a public space and tell him you can meet him there at some time. After making him wait for a few minutes past the scheduled time, give a call and tell him you're out to dinner with your wife and have to bring the in-laws home first, but you're on your way.

Hmmm, we've, I mean you've done this before.

Veloo
06-14-2016, 02:27 PM
If he wrote his ad properly to begin with you wouldn't have to ask any questions in the first place.
And three pics of the same thing basically. No closeups?

CMiller
06-14-2016, 03:31 PM
You even said good morning!

No jerks policy to buying things, on CL and in shops.

weiwentg
06-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Done.

Done, and I even spelled it kilometres :-p

Anarchist
06-14-2016, 04:01 PM
I am somewhat disappointed that the only response I got was ... "nope"

I feel cheated.

geordanh
06-14-2016, 04:17 PM
I asked him if he was interested in a trade for a high km civic.

Dead Man
06-14-2016, 04:44 PM
I asked how many MILES.

Expecting different results. Standby for update.

Brian Cdn
06-14-2016, 07:34 PM

Dusty,

I like your style !

onsight512
06-14-2016, 07:41 PM

plan initiated...

Cicli
06-14-2016, 07:44 PM
plan initiated...

You know that wont stand out. You will just blend in with all the jamokes that frequent craigs pile.

Louis
06-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Speaking of CL and kooks, I don't look forward to the time when I decide to sell my Ninja 300 moto. I don't think you get much trade-in for used motorcycles, especially that type (assuming my next one is purchased from a dealer) so if I want to get a decent return I should sell it myself. However, motos are way worse than bicycles, when it comes to stuff like test rides, cash-in-hand, etc.

regularguy412
06-14-2016, 07:56 PM
BWahahahahaha.

This is the BEST humor thread in weeks!

The seller just didn't realize he pi$$ed off the wrong bunch.

I say ya get what ya deserve.

Carry on!

Mike in AR:beer:

Dead Man
06-14-2016, 08:01 PM
I just got a reply:

Hey... look like some nice wheels, good price..

How many miles on these?

Thanks

-B

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/yrk/bop/5632561489.html

craigslist 5632561489 <nnfv5-5632561489@sale.craigslist.org>
5:57 PM (1 minute ago)

to d4c8c30bc6af38.
About 5 years old. Couple of 1,000 k. Used mainly in South Carolina

So apparently you gotta ask for miles to get KMs. Mystery solved

Cornfed
06-14-2016, 08:16 PM
I asked for leagues.

leftyfreak
06-14-2016, 08:17 PM

Are you sure that's how to interpret a "couple of 1,000 k"? It could mean 2 million miles, couldn't it? :eek:

Louis
06-14-2016, 08:18 PM
I asked for leagues.

What does Captain Nemo have to do with these wheels? :confused:

Anarchist
06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Seems they are still available ....

" ... Yep. I have been too busy riding to sell them.
Location: Richmond Hill Central Library Yonge St. & Major Mackenzie-Southern
parking lot. I have a commitment tomorrow night, Let me know what is good
for you. .... "

regularguy412
06-14-2016, 08:22 PM
I just got a reply:

He he he..... step away from the potential sale.

Mike in AR:beer:

fourflys
06-14-2016, 08:29 PM
I asked this:
"Hi,

Great looking wheels… I’m curious if you’re the first owner? How many miles do they have on them? "

here is the reply:
"Got them from Henry @ Labici for my wife. Used in South Carolina for climbing the Appalachians. 5 years old so I would guess a couple of thousand"

;)

Louis
06-14-2016, 08:37 PM
At what point does one start to feel sorry for the guy who's now the butt of the joke?

Dead Man
06-14-2016, 08:40 PM
You should link him this thread.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ61CXMK7ICUq12aht8VJRlzMaAsdCMa 63w8OTqu7kRW1S1pbs7

firerescuefin
06-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Asked him from 3 different email addresses. :)

Ken Robb
06-14-2016, 08:46 PM
No one asked why he was selling his wife's wheels? Are they stolen? :D

Dead Man
06-14-2016, 08:47 PM
No one asked why he was selling his wife's wheels? Are they stolen? :D

She alriddy dun drained the bank account when she split with Sancho.... and that bourbon ain't gonna buy itself

redir
06-15-2016, 08:59 AM
You guys... LOL!

I think CL works well in small towns like where I live. I love CL and have gotten many many a good deal, mostly guitar stuff though. Maybe guitar people are just cooler you know.

velomonkey
06-15-2016, 09:04 AM

Gonna email him asking how many miles - gotta make it seem like it's not people working in collusion - here is what was sent

I am here to educate your government. I would like to purchase wheels. I have cash. I want to make deal. With you.

Tell me, please, how many miles are on the wheels? Do not tell me kilometers for I am American. You please tell me weight of wheels. In pounds not kilo. I am American.

I have cash.

cdn_bacon
06-15-2016, 11:43 AM
I can feel the PL love.:o

you guys made my day after that response. I think a real rider that wasn't "too busy riding to sell them" would go to the lengths to get info out. That is really the handful ( can count on one hand) of negative CL responses. That's why I use Kijiji, CL seems to have gotten worse.

Again appreciate the laughs at some of the responses.:banana:

cdn_bacon
07-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Looks like he learned a few things....

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bike-frames-parts/markham-york-region/corima-winium-tubular-wheelset/1179492238?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1)fake km's listed
2)"used only for climbing rides" insert
3)price increase
4)deleted original ad for $550

wonder why they haven't sold :rolleyes:

cash05458
07-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Tell him you are just near or abit over depending on day of the weight limit of these babies...def. want but would need him to give refund or cost of repair should that not turn out so well...you would of course need a paper signed saying that, but otherwise all is good!
:beer: