PDA

View Full Version : useless obtuse misses nerac win

stevep
06-28-2006, 06:44 AM
the notably late obtuse last evening missed a very nice win by john hamlin in the exeter evening crit. held on the tuesday evening before the longsjo stage race te event showed a very good quality field and obtuse swore to me that he would ride up to the event to check it out.
but ontusesly (?) useless seemed to have slept through the race...only waking at 9pm after the medals had been awarded.
you missed a nice event. notable. 4 man break took off early and with a relentless headwind pouring down the start/ finish uphill... made it impossible to close... also notable was some local club team who were on the front to benefit our guy in the break...pat walsh... and doubly notable was the presence of 14 yr old gavin mannion... ccbs future superstar... who rode his first pro1-3 crit and had absolutely no trouble staying at the front... notable because his junior big gear is a 45-12...and the race averaged 30mph... somebody else can do the math... i just know this kid can pedal.
nice event.
obtuses quote..." i dont know i set the alarm for 4 but it did not go off until 4am 12 hrs later... and then when i went up there the town was pretty dead..."

atmo
06-28-2006, 06:48 AM
it's not hamlin, it's hamblen.
and, he too, rocks my world atmo.

stevep
06-28-2006, 07:52 AM
it's not hamlin, it's hamblen.
and, he too, rocks my world atmo.

no, thats the massachusetts spelling.
approved

atmo
06-28-2006, 07:55 AM