PDA

View Full Version : Bike rental in Boulder

maxdog
06-13-2016, 09:32 AM
I'm going out to Boulder with a friend and fellow forum member (and our wives), to visit my cousin, road ride and check out the local culture. My buddy has a travel bike, but I'll need a rental. I was hoping Peter and/or anybody else in the area could help me navigate through the seemingly large number of potential options.
I assume Vecchio's doesn't rent, although I intend to check it out.
I'm of course interested in any other recommendations for activities or rides with those in the area. We will be there between August 23rd and 30th. All and any feedback is appreciated.

CampyorBust
06-13-2016, 09:37 AM
When I went I was not able to find any to "rent", however you can demo some fine bikes at many of the shops in the area. Not sure if your looking for road or mtb but I was able to find a whole lot of choice mtbs to demo.

Golden had some nice shops, and University bikes was great! However if Vecchio's has bikes that would be my first choice as well. I went by on a Sunday and they were closed so I only got to peek through the window.

maxdog
06-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks Campy. Updated my post to reflect my choice of road riding. I only know I saw numerous sites claiming road rentals online.

stien
06-13-2016, 10:12 AM
We rented Cervelos from Boulder Cycle Sport last year. Be warned though, they didn't have reasonable mountain gearing in my opinion.

PBWrench
06-13-2016, 10:19 AM
I've rented from University Bicycles and was pleased. It was about 5 years ago and they actually had an Ottrott!

Here is their link:

http://ubikes.com/rentals/road-bikes/

roguedog
06-13-2016, 09:55 PM
i rented from boulder cycle as well. was a nice experience. i can't remember if peloton also rented. they had mosaics advertised for rent but not sure if they actually did.

redearedslider5
06-13-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm local and though I've never rented from them, I'd recommend university bikes. Top notch service every time. Fat kitty cycles is owned by a friend of mine, has some interesting vintage stuff hiding in there if you ask and a pair of serotta at the moment, though he doesn't do rentals

Jcgill
06-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Another vote for University bike. Rented a road bike there and rode Flagstaff last time i was in CO.
Super friendly staff willing to help you and suggest routes for your ride.

Also when in Boulder gotta stop at Vecchios tho no rentals there

oldpotatoe
06-14-2016, 06:08 AM
I'm going out to Boulder with a friend and fellow forum member (and our wives), to visit my cousin, road ride and check out the local culture. My buddy has a travel bike, but I'll need a rental. I was hoping Peter and/or anybody else in the area could help me navigate through the seemingly large number of potential options.
I assume Vecchio's doesn't rent, although I intend to check it out.
I'm of course interested in any other recommendations for activities or rides with those in the area. We will be there between August 23rd and 30th. All and any feedback is appreciated.

Get a bike here.

http://www.boulderbikesmith.com/

I'd love to see ya but my annual Stay/Vacation is then( I think).

Go into Vecchio's and ask Jim about local rides, places..Easy to start in Boulder, go north and west.

maxdog
06-14-2016, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Pete, if for some reason you end up being around while we are out there, we would love to hookup for a ride or maybe take you guys out for a bite or some such thing. I will reach out again as the date approaches.
We will definitely be stopping into Vecchio's.
Anyone else interested in connecting during our visit is welcomed. Thanks again.
- Glenn.