PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong riding in Iowa

zeroking17
06-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I know that some of you are riding RAGBRAI this year. Looks like Lance will be here too.

http://tinyurl.com/rgd3m

csm
06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna do the first and maybe second day this year. then I'll finish the week in the des moines office. anyone else gonna be there?

Kevan
06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
repeats.

BumbleBeeDave
06-27-2006, 07:53 PM
<<He's not sure which portion of the week he'll ride. "This wouldn’t be a one-year commitment," he said. "We’d obviously want to be back next year if we behave ourselves.">>

If "WE" behave ourselves?!?!?! What IS he, the friggin' PHARAOH OF EGYPT?

If he EVER is on ANY ride that I'm on and pulls THIS bull***, I'm gonna sling my musette bag around his bars and jerk him right into the the DITCH! :eek: ;)

BBD

BBB
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Shouldn't that be "their bars" and jerking "them right into the ditch"?

The ensuing case of "We" v BBD would no doubt be famous (and discussed here ad nasuem):

Q: "Why would he push we into the ditch?"

We: "Because he hates us."

Fixed
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
bro you might not like him but he has done pretty good for a kid from a trailer park with one parent and high school ed. what do you expect ? he's a fighter .
cheers

BBB
06-27-2006, 10:55 PM
No doubt he has done well, but the 'we' thing is, as BBD says, bull****.

Erik.Lazdins
06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
<<He's not sure which portion of the week he'll ride. "This wouldn’t be a one-year commitment," he said. "We’d obviously want to be back next year if we behave ourselves.">>

If he EVER is on ANY ride that I'm on and pulls THIS bull***, I'm gonna sling my musette bag around his bars and jerk him right into the the DITCH! :eek: ;)

BBD

What is more annoying?

When somebody talks about themselves in the third person or when they refer to themselves as we?

Ginger
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh please Dave. You're in the newspaper business. You know how the quote thing works. Gotta print what they say even if you take it out of context.

You think it's just going to be Lance riding around RAGBRI? I bet some sort of Livestrong effort brought him to ride part of the tour...Do you really think he's out there riding part of that tour "just because?" The reporter probably interviewed him about whatever organization that had invited him and took quotes out of context because they wanted an article about Lance instead.

sheesh.

You people are way too sensitive.

zeroking17
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
<snip>

You people are way too sensitive.

You're right, Ginger. No need for folks to get all apoplectic about this.

P.S. From my experience with RAGBRAI, I'd say that those who insist on behaving themselves will not be back next year. As many of you know, RAGBRAI is a socially legitimated form of misbehavior. Hey, what happens on RAGBRAI, stays on RAGBRAI.

Marcusaurelius
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM

BBD

No more than you are the King of France or someone with an axe to grind. I also think it's a little silly to be taking quotes from a newspaper to take shots at someone.

BumbleBeeDave
06-28-2006, 10:53 AM
. . . I guess somebody missed seeing these on my original post . . .

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BBD

Too Tall
06-28-2006, 10:57 AM
It's aboot the beer.

BumbleBeeDave
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
. . . I AM the King of France! :beer: :banana: ;)

BBD