PDA

View Full Version : My new Tire is not true, what should I do?

shinomaster
06-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I got 2 deda clincher tires from 11speed.com and they were cheap and came very fast from Italy. I noticed one had a flaw on the sidewall, so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Now the new tire is not true, it wobbles. I even tried it on a different wheel. Is it safe to use, or should I just send this back and get a michelin? Deda is batting 1 for 3.
When I did ride the bike around the block the tires felt great by the way. Nice and smooth at 100psi.

JohnS
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I got 2 deda clincher tires from 11speed.com and they were cheap and came very fast from Italy. I noticed one had a flaw on the sidewall, so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Now the new tire is not true, it wobbles. I even tried it on a different wheel. Is it safe to use, or should I just send this back and get a michelin? Deda is batting 1 for 3.
When I did ride the bike around the block the tires felt great by the way. Nice and smooth at 100psi.Does it wobble or is the tread pattern slightly skewed? Sometimes. tires with two different colored surfaces do not quite look true. Spin the tire while looking at the edge, not the tread pattern. That will let you know which one it is.

shinomaster
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
No the whole tire is effed up. It's an all black tire so no optical illusions to trick the shinomaster.

dave thompson
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Is the tire completely and properly seated on the rim? Some times thick or wide rimtape can keep a tire from seating correctly.

stevep
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
get michelin. they are straight.

bironi
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
My buddy recently had a Michelin that would not seat properly by hand, but the shop had a tool to grab the tire and work it into a proper sealed position. The tool is like a pair of pliers with tire fitting clamp heads.

Byron

Sandy
06-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Why take a chance? Isn't the tire the part of the bike that rolls on the ground? Send it back and get another brand or dump it. I will send you a Michelin Pro2Race 700x25 tire for free if you want. Just PM me your address.

Sandy

SoCalSteve
06-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Why take a chance? Isn't the tire the part of the bike that rolls on the ground? Send it back and get another brand or dump it. I will send you a Michelin Pro2Race 700x25 tire for free if you want. Just PM me your address.

Sandy

Mr Sandy,

If he doesnt take you up on that offer, I will! I use Mich Pro Race2 700 x 25's on all my bikes (except for the ones that dont accept 25's) then I use Pro Race2 23's.

Thank you very much!

Steve