PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use/used a Deda 35 bar?

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 09:55 AM
A few years ago I had a PRO Vibe 7S bar, the Thor Hushovd model. It had a fatter than normal top section that felt good. Looking for that round, fatter shape but with a more compact reach+drop. The Deda 35 looks to fill that bill. Any ride impressions from folks? Likes/dislikes? Thanks.

bontie
06-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Not sire exactly what you want to hear. I love mine, stiff as anything I've ever tried. The 35mm round tops are very comfortable (only marginally thicker than taped 31.8 to be fair.

They are a b!tch to cable though, the corner of internal routing is near 90 deg and very difficult to get casing through.

eBAUMANN
06-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Love mine, the tops feel great in your hand (especially if you have larger hands) and the curve is great, comfy in the drops or on the tops.

I didnt have too hard a time with Di2/Aican housing on the carbon bar I have, but I could definitely see how it would get real tight with a 4mm and 5mm housing. The alloy bar has no internal routing obviously, so not an issue.

Only kinda annoying thing is the lack of garmin mounts for em...gotta buy a bar fly.

ftf
06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
I have a Deda 35 bar and stem, they are great no complaints. I love the way they feel, since I have huge hands.

My only complaint is the same as above it's hard finding mounts, and or bells for them.