PDA

View Full Version : PT g3 & garmin 500 = Calibration fail

makoti
06-03-2016, 10:42 PM
I was having trouble with my PT G3 hub. Called PT, and they sent me a new cap for it. Slapped it on, went to calibrate, and am getting a Calibration Failed screen with -580 as my number. I've googled the web and found nothing on this. I get the same error with two different garmin 500's, so I'm thinking it's something with the new cap. Any ideas? It finds the hub, so it's not that the battery is low (plus it just came from the factory with a new battery). It's one of the newer ANT+/BLE caps.

makoti
06-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Well, since I'm the only person who's ever had this issue, here's a follow up in case someone ever has it happen.
Called PT, and the wheel has to go back. Something about the "torque tube". Could have been the original issue (power readings just dropping out), as well.

benb
06-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Never had a PT but I just had a Stages issue and I would have said contact PT as opposed to Garmin, the power meter is way more likely to break than a solid state computer device of any type.

Macadamia
06-06-2016, 05:43 PM
When I calibrate my 2.4 powertap nothing happens, as far as i can tell, just seems like it resyncs with my garmin after a bit and says calibration done! never encountered these offset numbers people talk about.

RowanB
06-07-2016, 02:01 AM
Have you checked the cap has the latest firmware?

makoti
06-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Have you checked the cap has the latest firmware?

Tried to, but the iphone I borrowed wouldn't pick up the BT signal from the hub. Told the PT rep this & he said it goes with the other problem & likely not the cap. I figured it should at least find the hub, but guess not.

RowanB
06-07-2016, 09:53 AM
You can plug the cap into a PC via micro USB cable and check the firmware in the PowerAgent software, but as you say, seems more likely not the cap.

makoti
06-07-2016, 10:40 AM
You can plug the cap into a PC via micro USB cable and check the firmware in the PowerAgent software, but as you say, seems more likely not the cap.

Do the new caps have that USB port, as well?