PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Stages Discount/USA Cycling

txcid05
06-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Don't do what I just did, and buy a Stages Power Meter at full price IF you are a USA Cycling Member!

Stages is currently offering 20% off the purchase of a Power Meter either with your LBS or on their website.

All you have to do is send Stages proof of your USA Cycling membership/license and you will receive it.

Don't do what I did and pay $699, when you could pay $560!

On another note: Stages is worth the cash in my experience so far, works very well, easy install, seamless connection to my Garmin 520! Awesome product.

txcid05
06-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Here is a screen shot of the email. :cool:

txcid05
06-01-2016, 02:28 PM
UPDATE:

Stages has incredible customer service: they provided me with a FREE Power Meter Protection Plan. If you are looking for a Power Meter, consider Stages. :hello:

ftf
06-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Don't do what I just did, and buy a Stages Power Meter at full price IF you are a USA Cycling Member!

Stages is currently offering 20% off the purchase of a Power Meter either with your LBS or on their website.

All you have to do is send Stages proof of your USA Cycling membership/license and you will receive it.

Don't do what I did and pay $699, when you could pay $560!

On another note: Stages is worth the cash in my experience so far, works very well, easy install, seamless connection to my Garmin 520! Awesome product.

Is this powermeters only, which is what it looks like, or can you use it on their indoor bikes as well?

txcid05
06-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Is this powermeters only, which is what it looks like, or can you use it on their indoor bikes as well?

Good question, might be worth asking:
sales@stagescycling.com

They are very fast to respond.

old fat man
06-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Great customer service, but after a year plus, I wouldn't buy one again. I'd stretch my budget for a Pioneer, Power2Max, or Quarq.

ColnagoFan
06-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Great customer service, but after a year plus, I wouldn't buy one again. I'd stretch my budget for a Pioneer, Power2Max, or Quarq.

Have you tried a 4iiii yet? I'm curious about them as they seem to be decently cheap, and working on a dual-sided solution?

old fat man
06-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Have you tried a 4iiii yet? I'm curious about them as they seem to be decently cheap, and working on a dual-sided solution?

No, and I purposely didn't include them in my recommendations because I don't know anyone with first hand experience, nor do they seem to have enough market penetration to find reliable (pun intended) feedback online yet.

ColnagoFan
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
No, and I purposely didn't include them in my recommendations because I don't know anyone with first hand experience, nor do they seem to have enough market penetration to find reliable (pun intended) feedback online yet.

Thanks. Don't mean to derail, just interested in this. What's your take on single-side vs. dual-side vs. total (i.e. spider-based) power?

old fat man
06-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks. Don't mean to derail, just interested in this. What's your take on single-side vs. dual-side vs. total (i.e. spider-based) power?

I'm ok with one sided for my needs. My frustration with the Stages is that it has been reading inconsistently even if battery is new, it's had issue with water penetration and I don't even ride it in that bad of conditions. Applying duct/electrical tape to a $600+ device to make it work reliably is pretty lame.

txcid05
06-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm ok with one sided for my needs. My frustration with the Stages is that it has been reading inconsistently even if battery is new, it's had issue with water penetration and I don't even ride it in that bad of conditions. Applying duct/electrical tape to a $600+ device to make it work reliably is pretty lame.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. I had read a few reviews similar to that, fortunately the only time my bike gets wet is when I wash it. :p Though lately, we've had non-stop rain in South Texas.