PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow Batman...it's 104 degrees!!!!

shinomaster
06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
And I was gonna ride today, but now I'm not so sure it's a great idea, as I would rather not die today. It feels like a wood-fired pizza oven out side right now in Portland, summer has arrived.

Grant McLean
06-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Did someone mess up the order,
send Boston the rain,
and Portand the heat?

g

Jiwa Jiwa
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
i did the barlow trail century yesterday and it crushed me. i havent had heat smack me down like that in a long time. the ride home tonite should be fun fun fun.

William
06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Raced the Mt. Tabor series one year in heat like that in PDX. I was seeing all kinds of cool colors by the end of that one. :banana:

William

pdxmech13
06-26-2006, 10:50 PM
I can fry my tofu rite
on the sidewalk w/out
turning on my stove !
:banana: :D :banana: :D

Saxon
06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
It was a scorcher! On my ride yesterday, whenever I would ride into a shaded area, I could feel how blazingly hot my jersey was on my back. On one break in the shade, even though I was drinking ice water for about 5 minutes, the sweat wouldn't stop pouring. Don't remember ever having such a bad reaction in the heat. It usually doesn't bother me that much. This summer seems to have an extra edge to it.

shinomaster
06-26-2006, 11:10 PM
I just got back from my ride at 9:00 pm. I felt pretty good despite the hot. My lungs feel fried though, from sucking in the hot air and pollution, plus my head is a bit off. I think a burrito from Cha Cha Cha may cure everything.