PDA

View Full Version : OT: Apex: The Story of Hypercars

CSKeller
05-31-2016, 12:01 AM
Just saw this on NBC. Wow! Impressive!

I'm a Porsche fan...and the 918 Spyder is just amazing! They also focus on Koenigsegg, Pagani, McLaren and Ferrari.

Great story! I can't afford any of these cars right now but just getting to see one of these works of art is stunning! Glad bicycles are not so out of reach!

I think these cars will have to go the way of Porsche...hybrid or even full electric super cars.

http://www.apex-the-movie.com/

Schmed
05-31-2016, 07:11 AM
Have you dropped by Porsche of CS lately? I think they had two 918s in the show room!

soulspinner
05-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Loved the show.

gemship
05-31-2016, 08:25 AM
Ok I am not much of an authority of the latest hypercars or those of the past but I am amazed by the Porsches. Simply because they seem to compete with these other brands that visually look so much more over the top. Having said that I am 42 now but I remember way back when I was into Tamiya brand recomote control cars and models. I always lusted after the Porsche 959 and to this day that is still a car to behold.

CSKeller
05-31-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks!

I know they had one 918 at the Colorado Springs Porsche dealer. Didn't know they had another. I'll go check it out.

Even though these cars are most likely out of reach from most of us, I believe they advanced technology these cars bring will trickle down to more affordable vehicles. This benefits all of us!

Bostic
12-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Thread bump since I figured someone would have mentioned this vehicle.

My wife and I saw a Silver 918 today driven by an older gentleman. It parked just a couple spots down from our minivan. She said that's a nice looking car, what is it? I was too preoccupied with getting to Peet's coffee for a Mocha and casually noted it kinda looked like an Audi R8. On the way back to our van I then paid attention and thought wow the nose reminds me of the Gulf colored Porsches from yesteryear! The detail on the car was amazing. Mind you I had no idea of what this car costs, just thought it must be a somewhat limited edition vehicle that plugs in or at least looks like it does.

So tonight I remembered the car from earlier and looked it up. Yikes! That's A LOT of $$$$.

It really was a stunning car.