PDA

View Full Version : Strapless HRM

DFORD
05-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Do those things actually work? Anybody got one and like it?

ptourkin
05-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Read DCRainmaker on the subject of optical HR. Mio is not reliable. I also know that from friends who were sponsored by them. He only recommends the Scosche.

rzthomas
05-30-2016, 04:48 PM
I have a Scosche Rhythm+ and it works great. Charges quickly, no signal dropping, not even on rough MTB rides and races.

IMO, it's much nicer to strap that on my upper arm instead of putting on a chest strap and wetting the sensor pads.

bcroslin
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
I have a like new Scosche Rythym+ for sale in the classifieds for $50 shipped

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=187228

kramnnim
05-30-2016, 04:51 PM
I have a like new Scosche Rythym+ for sale in the classifieds for $50 shipped

What did you not like about it? Was thinking about buying it, read some reviews on Amazon. The battery life is...not what I'm used to...

arthurlo
06-01-2016, 12:33 AM
It took me a while to find a place where the Scosche Rhythm Plus would reliably measure my HR - the lower arm didn't work so well, right above the elbow wasn't good either. It finally provided values consistent with my chest monitor when placed on the upper arm right below the armpit and the sensor on the outside of the arm.

I prefer it to my chest monitor since the straps on my chest monitor tend to slide down my torso if I am not riding immediately upon wearing it. Or when I am riding in the cold. I suppose one of the straps with more silicone would stay in place better.

However, the battery life is a real downside. I estimate ~6-8 hours of riding before charging, compared to never having to worry about it with a chest strap. The most frustrating thing is that I do not know the remaining battery life. The red light will come on when you turn it off to notify you that the battery is low, but that is easily missed if you are wearing it under your jersey. Since the battery life is less than my GPS, I can't just charge the sensor whenever I charge my GPS.

Bottom line - accuracy of the Rhythm Plus is better than other wrist based sensors, but at the cost of battery life.