PDA

View Full Version : Daggummit! I broke sanctions...

Nags&Ducs
05-29-2016, 11:55 PM
Bought this on eBay. The Record gruppo will be coming off and be replaced by alloy Chrous 10. Might put a honey Brooks Swift saddle and matching bar tape on it. What do you think?

weisan
05-30-2016, 12:01 AM
>>I broke sanctions...

There will be immediate and direct repercussions...as in:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/victorious/images/b/b4/Tinygif-huge-dancing-banana.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/486?cb=20120106083827

geordanh
05-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Oh man dude that is nice. I was looking at that for a long time wishing so bad it was a 58 or 59.

Really, really nice bike and a fair price it seems. Good job. :)

I would be interested in the shifters and derailleurs depending on what your plans are for them.

Black Dog
05-30-2016, 06:27 AM
>>I broke sanctions...

There will be immediate and direct repercussions...as in:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/victorious/images/b/b4/Tinygif-huge-dancing-banana.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/486?cb=20120106083827

That may just be a dancing divorce lawyer banana. Still worth it for the bike. :beer:

OtayBW
05-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Alloy Chorus 10 is perfect, but I'm personally not a fan of the Brooks - however, that's you choice.

Good luck!

Tickdoc
05-30-2016, 07:46 AM
Poifect! Now that looks like fun. Post pics when u can and. Ice score!

Nags&Ducs
06-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Hey all! Got my Primato and put it together. Polished it up and i have to say it is unbelievably clean!!! To my surprise it is a Mica white. I think I would have liked a bright polar white instead of the pearlescent Mica, but I suppose I'll get used to it. Only flaw is the left fork leg had a couple of chips that were touched up and a couple pinhead sized bubbles that appear to be factory flaws on the left seat stay. Other than that, just about perfect!

In addition to the swap-outs I mentioned above, I'm going to swap out the bars (don't like traditional bend), seat post (prefer no setback), and the tires (20c GP3000s are dang skinny).

Nags&Ducs
06-04-2016, 01:21 AM
Hey all! Got my Primato and put it together. Polished it up and i have to say it is unbelievably clean!!! To my surprise it is a Mica white. I think I would have liked a bright polar white instead of the pearlescent Mica, but I suppose I'll get used to it. Only flaw is the left fork leg had a couple of chips that were touched up and a couple pinhead sized bubbles that appear to be factory flaws on the left seat stay. Other than that, just about perfect!

In addition to the swap-outs I mentioned above, I'm going to swap out the bars (don't like traditional bend), seat post (prefer no setback), and the tires (20c GP3000s are dang skinny).

https://www.flickr.com/gp/130321842@N02/8y3653

Louis
06-04-2016, 01:35 AM
In addition to the swap-outs I mentioned above, I'm going to swap out the bars (don't like traditional bend)

You don't like traditional bend bars? Dude, what's wrong with you? If they were good enough for Eddy they're good enough for you. ;)

Nags&Ducs
06-04-2016, 01:50 AM
You don't like traditional bend bars? Dude, what's wrong with you? If they were good enough for Eddy they're good enough for you. ;)

I know I know!! I'm committing blasphemy!

The actual bend doesn't bother me, it is the how traditional bars immediately slope down after the tops. I like bars that go out level a few cm before they bend so that I can create a flat ramp towards the hoods. I spend 90% of my time on the hoods. 😎

Louis
06-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Just rotate them up a bit and the tops will be horizontal. The bottom section isn't supposed to be horizontal anyway. I usually point them (the bottom sections) at the rear brake calipers, but that varies a bit from bike to bike.

OtayBW
06-04-2016, 08:02 AM
In addition to the swap-outs I mentioned above, I'm going to swap out the bars (don't like traditional bend)....
Check out the 3TTT bars with the 'TDF Ergo Power' bend. Slightly less drop and reach than the deep Merckx bend, with slightly flatter top. See e.g., the most recent pic of my Primato in the Production Bikes page. It's set up mostly horizontal in the drops (only very slight upward rotation), which - to my eye - looks better.

Nags&Ducs
06-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Check out the 3TTT bars with the 'TDF Ergo Power' bend. Slightly less drop and reach than the deep Merckx bend, with slightly flatter top. See e.g., the most recent pic of my Primato in the Production Bikes page. It's set up mostly horizontal in the drops (only very slight upward rotation), which - to my eye - looks better.

Sweet! That bar sounds perfect- thanks for the info!

gomango
06-04-2016, 09:34 AM
https://www.flickr.com/gp/130321842@N02/8y3653

Absolutely gorgeous.

If it were me, I'd go with a black Regal and Fizik Microtex.

I'm building my Sintesi with Soma Hwy Ones even though I have 66s sitting here.

I'd chose bars that fit your riding style. If you like them, that's good enough.

bobswire
06-04-2016, 09:40 AM
If you are going to break a sanction,that is a worthwhile sanction to break. Beautiful Icon. BTW I agree with gomango, black Regal(Girardi if you can find a nice one).

pbarry
06-04-2016, 09:40 AM
The mica paint looks great in the sun. It will grow on you. Sweet ride there!

Nags&Ducs
06-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Absolutely gorgeous.

If it were me, I'd go with a black Regal and Fizik Microtex.

I'm building my Sintesi with Soma Hwy Ones even though I have 66s sitting here.

I'd chose bars that fit your riding style. If you like them, that's good enough.

Thanks Grady! Btw, did you see the Tommasini Super Prestige I posted a PSA on ar Salem CL a couple weeks ago? It was in pristine condition and your size!

I wonder how the Sintesi will compare to the Super Prestige.

If you are going to break a sanction,that is a worthwhile sanction to break. Beautiful Icon. BTW I agree with gomango, black Regal(Girardi if you can find a nice one).

Never tried a Regal saddle. I'm wondering how the honey colored Brooks saddle and tape will look. Can anyone photoshop??? 😀😀😂

The mica paint looks great in the sun. It will grow on you. Sweet ride there!

I hope so! 😎 I know I'll grow to love it.

gomango
06-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks Grady! Btw, did you see the Tommasini Super Prestige I posted a PSA on ar Salem CL a couple weeks ago? It was in pristine condition and your size!

I wonder how the Sintesi will compare to the Super Prestige.

Never tried a Regal saddle. I'm wondering how the honey colored Brooks saddle and tape will look. Can anyone photoshop??? 😀😀😂

I hope so! 😎 I know I'll grow to love it.

You will absolutely love this bike. The combo of ELOS and this geo is the cat's pjs.

I have no excuse why there isn't one here already.

As for saddles, take a look at Brooks Cambiums as well. I have tried two different loaners from the shop and they could work for you.

BTW As for the SP, I did see it.

Very pretty example. The Sintesi I'm building rides just as nice as the SP. imho

I've owned 2 SPs over the last ten years and both were a real treat. The Sintesi I have is a little beat cosmetically, but it'll ride like a champ.