PDA

View Full Version : OMG Freakin Warriors!

Pages : [1] 2

toytech
05-28-2016, 10:46 PM
So stoked. that is all:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana ::banana::banana:

jtakeda
05-28-2016, 10:48 PM
!!!!!!!

Monday Monday Monday

Elefantino
05-28-2016, 10:51 PM
The neighbors across the street were screaming.

I guess you could say that's payback for my screaming this morning during the Giro.

AllanVarcoe
05-28-2016, 10:54 PM
I have no idea what we're talking about but sounds fun!

cadence90
05-28-2016, 11:03 PM
.... ..

cadence90
05-28-2016, 11:04 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
05-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Trey Thompson.

Louis
05-28-2016, 11:13 PM
So what happened at the end?

I checked the score and with about 5 minutes left in what I think was the 4th Q OKC was up by a bunch. Then quite a while later I check again and GS has won by a fairly comfortable margin. The Thunder must have just stopped scoring.

ik2280
05-28-2016, 11:13 PM
That was pretty crazy. Curry and Thompson make it look so easy to nail a contested three-pointer from deep.

Elefantino
05-28-2016, 11:27 PM
Wait, you live in Oakland and YOU weren't screaming too just now? :confused:
No, to be honest, I was re-watching the Giro stage.

cadence90
05-28-2016, 11:39 PM
.... ..

enr1co
05-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Put the game on mute after halftime so I didnt have to hear the dufus TNT duo of Marv Albert and Chris Weber with their biased, OKC lovefest commentary.

Turned the volume back after the game to hear a non-Warrior hatin' comment, surprisingly from Charles Barkley- "That Klay Thompson-one of the best shooting performances I've ever seen".

Go Warriors!

and

Go Sharks!

Louis
05-29-2016, 12:15 AM
Lots of OKC rushed shots, bad decisions, and a ton of turnovers.
GSW were just methodical, patient, cool, killer.
OKC couldn't handle the pressure.
Barkley is right: "OKC lost this game on offense."

Thanks.

Cleveland must be enjoying this series. Regardless of who wins, the Finals are going to be awesome.

donevwil
05-29-2016, 12:20 AM
One, if not the, most stressful sports watch I've had. Monday...... and plenty of beer.

pdmtong
05-29-2016, 12:46 AM
I just declined Game 7 tickets - need that money for finals tickets...

oh, and the Giro...heartbreaking way to change the podium.

If all goes well, next week the bay area will have the NBA Finals, The Stanley Cup Finals and let us not forget the Copa de America all going on!

cadence90
05-29-2016, 01:13 AM
.... ..

Louis
05-29-2016, 01:18 AM
And I may end up rooting for Cleveland, if only because there seem to be so many LeBron haters out there... ;)

cadence90
05-29-2016, 01:28 AM
.... ..

bikingshearer
05-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Lots of OKC rushed shots, bad decisions, and a ton of turnovers.
GSW were just methodical, patient, cool, killer.
OKC couldn't handle the pressure.
Barkley is right: "OKC lost this game on offense."

Yup[. I started watching early in the 4th quarter, and was concerned, especially with offensive rebounds OKC was getting seemingly at will. But the Warriors slooooowly brought it back from 8 or 10 down - not a single big run, but a methodical, point-at-a-time grinding catch-up. Basically, the real crunch time started when the W's tied it up, and they straight-out took the game away from the Thunder.

When a team has come back from a significant deficit so late in a game, it is a huge psychological advantage to whichever team can pull ahead. If the Thunder had put on a little run to get back up by 5 or so, that would have been a big emotional drain on the Warriors having worked so hard to close the gap only to fall back again.

On the other, and what actually happened, the Warriors went on to take the lead, and the Thunder panicked. Bad shot selection and bad passing did them in, and the Warriors stabbed them in the heart. Just like championship caliber teams do.

The Warriors let Game 1 get away from them, and the Thunder let Game 6 get away from them. If they can get their heads together to win Game 7, it will be a great achievement. But my money says OKC is too rattled and that the Warriors will take it.

soulspinner
05-30-2016, 08:11 AM
Yup[. I started watching early in the 4th quarter, and was concerned, especially with offensive rebounds OKC was getting seemingly at will. But the Warriors slooooowly brought it back from 8 or 10 down - not a single big run, but a methodical, point-at-a-time grinding catch-up. Basically, the real crunch time started when the W's tied it up, and they straight-out took the game away from the Thunder.

When a team has come back from a significant deficit so late in a game, it is a huge psychological advantage to whichever team can pull ahead. If the Thunder had put on a little run to get back up by 5 or so, that would have been a big emotional drain on the Warriors having worked so hard to close the gap only to fall back again.

On the other, and what actually happened, the Warriors went on to take the lead, and the Thunder panicked. Bad shot selection and bad passing did them in, and the Warriors stabbed them in the heart. Just like championship caliber teams do.

The Warriors let Game 1 get away from them, and the Thunder let Game 6 get away from them. If they can get their heads together to win Game 7, it will be a great achievement. But my money says OKC is too rattled and that the Warriors will take it.

Think you have it right to the point OKC collapses in the last game.

bobswire
05-30-2016, 03:41 PM
I hang out here some times.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2016/5/30/11811386/nba-playoffs-warriors-thunder-wcf-game-7-predictions-start-time-tv-schedule

jtakeda
05-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Gsom is my go to for warriors chat.

bobswire
05-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Gsom is my go to for warriors chat.

Yep and NinersNation as well as McCoveyChronicles,tonight the Sharks vs. Penquins first game Stanley Cup Finals, Are we spoiled in the Bay Area or what....:hello:

Bob Ross
05-30-2016, 05:14 PM
What happened to Reggie Miller in this series? He was there before.

I think his wife gave birth shortly after the start of the Conference Finals.

Louis
05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Both the Sharks and the Warriors games are close - you Bay Area sports fans must be going nuts...

cadence90
05-30-2016, 09:50 PM
.... ..

jonbek
05-30-2016, 11:25 PM
the finals are about to be lit.

Louis
05-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Cavs in 6

cadence90
05-30-2016, 11:41 PM
.... ..

Elefantino
05-30-2016, 11:49 PM
There was nobody, and I mean nobody, at either the froyo place or the grocery tore tonight because of the Sharks/Warriors. It was eerie.

Only 32 days until the Tour!! :banana::banana:

cachagua
05-31-2016, 12:23 AM
The what?

soulspinner
05-31-2016, 06:09 AM
OKC put up a great fight. Lets hope Golden State has better series. They will need it. Irving is scary good at times.

cadence90
05-31-2016, 12:36 PM
.... ..

soulspinner
05-31-2016, 01:17 PM
They really did. OKC just can't kill the beast.

I would love for GSW to repeat, but I will always wonder what an Angry Russ/Crazy Kyrie conflagration would have been.

This Finals should be fantastic; no excuses on either side this year.

Draymond has 5 techs in the play-offs so far. If he reaches 7 total, he would be suspended for one game, correct?
That is a scary prospect for GSW. Cleveland will surely be goading him.

Golden state has to start games better. Last night in the first half they looked bad at times, but they play so fast ahead or behind (and hit 3s) that they are never out of a game it seems. If they hit shots and Cleveland has to extend early, it will open up drives and force Lebron to respond, work harder, and risk fouling.

Rada
05-31-2016, 01:32 PM
Cavs in six.

bobswire
05-31-2016, 01:42 PM
Golden state has to start games better. Last night in the first half they looked bad at times, but they play so fast ahead or behind (and hit 3s) that they are never out of a game it seems. If they hit shots and Cleveland has to extend early, it will open up drives and force Lebron to respond, work harder, and risk fouling.

The Cavs may match the Warriors in scoring but lack the defensive ability of OKC that really gave the W's problems and kept the scoring low. Also it took awhile for Curry to get back health wise and able to shake n bake but looks to be getting back in form. For that matter I think OKC was playing the best ball of any team but lacked the Warriors mental fortitude.
Warriors are battle tested both mentally and physically and should take this in 5 or 6 games while the Cavs had a cakewalk through the East then partied after beating Toronto as though they won the Championship. They are in for a rude awakening,IMO.

Oh, another note,Kerr likes to use his bench and frequently uses 10-11 man rotation that helps let his starters able to turn it up a notch at the end of games while most other teams use 7-8 man rotations like OKC. Though OKC was able to force Kerr to play Curry,Iggy and Thompson many more minutes than he prefers and especially in game 7.
Also looking forward to see if a healthy Love and Irking will help counter the Warriors Small Ball Deathsquad that overwhelmed the Cavs in the playoffs last year.

jtakeda
05-31-2016, 02:01 PM
The Cavs may match the Warriors in scoring but lack the defensive ability of OKC that really gave the W's problems and kept the scoring low. Also it took awhile for Curry to get back health wise and able to shake n bake but looks to be getting back in form. For that matter I think OKC was playing the best ball of any team but lacked the Warriors mental fortitude.
Warriors are battle tested both mentally and physically and should take this in 5 or 6 games while the Cavs had a cakewalk through the East then partied after beating Toronto as though they won the Championship. They are in for a rude awakening,IMO.

We're biased, but +1. Dubs in 5

retrofit
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Not to pile on, but...

https://i1.wp.com/lh3.ggpht.com/-qBf7o18mcGE/TtICtXi7FRI/AAAAAAAAKu4/IptOJk-5BHc/lebron_james_crying_bawlin.jpg

Warriors in five.

soulspinner
05-31-2016, 03:06 PM
here I was thinking it would go 7.........

cadence90
05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Uncle!

cadence90
06-02-2016, 10:48 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-02-2016, 10:56 PM
But not the best player!

(not that that really matters, it isn't a one-on-one game, but I felt I had to throw that in)

Jeez, GSW have:
the better starting 5
the better second 5
the better rest of bench
the better coach
the better assistant coaches
the better overall game
the better-to-watch-game
the better offense
the better defense
the better transition game
the better passing game
the better length x height x width
the better team cohesion
the better crunch-time desire
the better etc.

Waldo
06-02-2016, 11:12 PM
The better city. Yes, Oakland.

I reserve the right to revise my GSW in 7 prediction.
I might even subtract 3 from that.

Jeez, GSW have:
the better starting 5
the better second 5
the better rest of bench
the better coach
the better overall game
the better-to-watch-game
the better offense
the better defense
the better passing game
the better team cohesion
the better etc.

That was a clinic.
They're just better.

cadence90
06-02-2016, 11:17 PM
.... ..

pdmtong
06-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Cavs were way off their average.

30 and 11 were off too.

When Bogut scores 10 that is not normal.

Cavs should be kicking themselves for letting the Warriors bench impose their will upon them.

They may well go home 0-2 but they will not be swept.

cadence90
06-03-2016, 01:00 AM
.... ..

Louis
06-03-2016, 01:11 AM
that thumping the GS bench put on them will linger

Agree with this - there's no way the GSW bench should have been able to do that. Has to be a huge blow to the Cavs confidence.

cadence90
06-03-2016, 01:29 AM
.... ..

bobswire
06-03-2016, 10:17 AM
This! 100, 95, 96, 82, 91, 97, 83 & 98 and 89. That is how many points the Cavaliers scored on the Warriors starting from the playoffs last year and ending with last nights game while not having the defense to stop the W's. That won't cut it. I give them credit for concentrating on stopping Curry and Thompson often leaving others with open looks or easy lay ups but when Kerr went to the bench the Cavs didn't know what to do with Curry and Thompson sitting, Duh, who to guard? What are they going to do when Steph and Thompson find their groove?

Climb01742
06-03-2016, 10:27 AM
LeBron is supremely talented but I wonder how good of a teammate he is. Playing with him puts an extra layer of stress on his teammates, I think. He has, both subtly and not so subtly, thrown teammates under the bus in the past. His teammates believe, I think, that they will get blamed by him if they do poorly, in addition to being blamed by fans and the media.

Contrast that with the Warriors. They are an amazing TEAM. It genuinely appears that they like each other, have each others' backs, root for each other, don't care who's the 'hero' on a given night...so they play looser, more fearlessly, knowing whatever happens, Steph or Clay or Draymond won't throw anyone under the bus. The Finals have enough pressure. Worrying about whether your team's star will rip you if you come up short sure wouldn't help.

As talented as GSW are, it's their team cohesion that may be their greatest edge, IMO.

soulspinner
06-03-2016, 11:11 AM
LeBron is supremely talented but I wonder how good of a teammate he is. Playing with him puts an extra layer of stress on his teammates, I think. He has, both subtly and not so subtly, thrown teammates under the bus in the past. His teammates believe, I think, that they will get blamed by him if they do poorly, in addition to being blamed by fans and the media.

Contrast that with the Warriors. They are an amazing TEAM. It genuinely appears that they like each other, have each others' backs, root for each other, don't care who's the 'hero' on a given night...so they play looser, more fearlessly, knowing whatever happens, Steph or Clay or Draymond won't throw anyone under the bus. The Finals have enough pressure. Worrying about whether your team's star will rip you if you come up short sure wouldn't help.

As talented as GSW are, it's their team cohesion that may be their greatest edge, IMO.

That last sentence is why I likem so much. Less ego per star. More wins.

denapista
06-03-2016, 11:36 AM
The Cavs don't have the length and athleticism like an OKC to defend against a well lubed machine (GSW). I still can't figure out how people are really depending on JR Smith as a viable option to win. He's the most streaky bone headed player in the NBA. Cleveland ran through the east and got all of those open 3's because they were playing sub par teams that couldn't close out. There were times when Lebron or Kyrie would drive and dish out, and GSW had the speed to close out. Love got open 3's from scrappy tip outs and broken plays. The Cavs are faced with a huge challenge and new coach to try and figure out defensive schemes to combat the warriors. Even if they stop Clay/Steph, the warriors ball movement and back screen will create open dunks for the bench guys. The Cavs don't seem to have the mental fortitude to figure out rotations, etc. Did you see how many wide open dunks the Warriors got last night? That's a telling sign that your defensive scheme doesn't work and your guys can't think on the fly to figure out the multiple back picks and screens. Lebron can only QB at the top of the key, but the front line is getting schooled.

I knew it was going to be a bad game when GSW started the game, getting any shot they wanted. I mean 10ft pull up jumpers with ease. There were points of the game when it could have blown wide open.. Cavs were lucky it wasn't a huge blowout.

I told my friends, that my eye test with game 1 was pretty bad for the Cavs. I don't want to overreact, but it just feels like the Warriors are in another league again the Cavs. Someone from the warriors staff last year said they were bummed Kyrie and Love got injured, because they make the Cavs stagnant and the finals would have been easier. When they went down, Tristan and Delle got time which made the game slow a ugly.

Game 2 is huge! If GSW wins, I think they'll steal one in Cleveland.

jds108
06-03-2016, 12:11 PM

Here's a good article with some background behind Lebron's motivations:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15878773/truehoop-presents-lebron-struggles-bring-heat-culture-cavs

MattTuck
06-03-2016, 12:25 PM
I'm not much of a basketball fan, but flipped the game on a couple of times last night.

I played basketball up until high school, and the one thing that I always see when I turn on a game is how hungry the team is for offensive rebounds. The Cavs were not contesting the offensive rebounds, and that is bad enough. But when you are not making a lot of shots, that is a really bad combination. - pretty much the same as a turnover.

And the thing about rebounding, yes there is some talent required, but it is really more of just "who wants it more" types of plays. Even if you're not a great rebounder, and you atleast box out, and try to get some position, you have some probabilistic chance of getting the rebound. If the whole team vacates the offensive zone while the ball is in the air, you have no chance of getting a rebound.

jtakeda
06-03-2016, 12:37 PM
I said warriors in 5. Could it possibly be Warriors in 4???

I'm sticking with 5

FlashUNC
06-03-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm not much of a basketball fan, but flipped the game on a couple of times last night.

I played basketball up until high school, and the one thing that I always see when I turn on a game is how hungry the team is for offensive rebounds. The Cavs were not contesting the offensive rebounds, and that is bad enough. But when you are not making a lot of shots, that is a really bad combination. - pretty much the same as a turnover.

And the thing about rebounding, yes there is some talent required, but it is really more of just "who wants it more" types of plays. Even if you're not a great rebounder, and you atleast box out, and try to get some position, you have some probabilistic chance of getting the rebound. If the whole team vacates the offensive zone while the ball is in the air, you have no chance of getting a rebound.

Not to entirely excuse it, but that's also the necessity of the game on some level. The Spurs were at the leading edge of this, but its spread pretty widely across the league to more or less abandon the offensive rebound entirely to limit fast break points. And against the Warriors, fast break points are a huge issue.

I'd wager Lue made the decision that, unlike last year's series, with Irving and Love healthy, the Cavs scoring can keep pace with the Dubs to offset the loss of those potential offensive possessions. Last year, with Irving and Love on the sidelines, the Cavs just killed the Warriors on the glass with Thompson and Mozgov. Thompson got an $80 million deal as a result.

But basketball's a game of adjustments and matchups, and I could easily see the Cavs giving up the opporunity of offensive boards to try to limit the death-by-a-thousand-cuts that is the Warriors in transition.

Oddly enough last year's Cavs team seemed more successful in frustrating the Warriors, with their interior length and rebounding and glacial offensive pace.

pdmtong
06-03-2016, 05:23 PM
But basketball's a game of adjustments and matchups, and I could easily see the Cavs giving up the opporunity of offensive boards to try to limit the death-by-a-thousand-cuts that is the Warriors in transition.

What makes it worse is a 50% gain in possession efficiency when the death-by-a-thousand-cuts comes in the form of a 3.

FlashUNC
06-03-2016, 05:29 PM
What makes it worse is a 50% gain in possession efficiency when the death-by-a-thousand-cuts comes in the form of a 3.

Curry and Klay in space once they cross the half court line are death to anyone. Lue's clearly making the bet the Cavs fully healthy can keep pace on offense, and he'll take his chances with the Warriors in the half court.

They did a nice job of limiting Steph and Klay last night, but that opened up the floor for everyone else.

Pick your poison right now. They may be forced to bench Love and go big and slow it down soon, because Game 1 was basically a repeat of the regular season.

Climb01742
06-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Pick your poison right now. They may be forced to bench Love and go big and slow it down soon, because Game 1 was basically a repeat of the regular season.

OKC was bigger/taller than the Warriors and it gave them trouble because of their length, talent and perhaps most of all, their athleticism. Cleveland's bigs are mostly just big. OKC was the hardest match-up for the Warriors. Cleveland will try to switch things up but odds are, it's still gonna be GSW in 5 or 6 at most.

enr1co
06-03-2016, 09:09 PM
I said warriors in 5. Could it possibly be Warriors in 4???

I'm sticking with 5

Same- Dubs in 5 :banana:

Regardless of that nut slappin' Bellavedova- what a do*chebag:butt:

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-02-at-7-58-13-pm.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

cadence90
06-03-2016, 09:22 PM
.... ..

jlwdm
06-03-2016, 09:36 PM

The Cavs were not contesting the offensive rebounds, and that is bad enough. But when you are not making a lot of shots, that is a really bad combination. - pretty much the same as a turnover.

I think you could replace "Cavs" with "Warriors" in the above. It drives me crazy to watch players head to the other end as soon as a three is shot. Or not come down court when two teammates are on a fast break.

I thought Livingston and the bench hid a lot of the flaws of GS last night. I don't think they can do that every game. Barbosa was in Phoenix quite a while when I was there. You watch him in games like last night and you get amazed at some of the amazing shots he can make. But he has not consistency and can drive you crazy as often as not. Livingston looked like an All Star last night. He couldn't miss and Irving and Smith are too short to guard him.

Curry forced some bad shots and then could not hit the open shots - a really poor game for him.

The game was close for a lot longer than it looked at the end.

Jeff

jtakeda
06-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I think you could replace "Cavs" with "Warriors" in the above. It drives me crazy to watch players head to the other end as soon as a three is shot. Or not come down court when two teammates are on a fast break.

I thought Livingston and the bench hid a lot of the flaws of GS last night. I don't think they can do that every game. Barbosa was in Phoenix quite a while when I was there. You watch him in games like last night and you get amazed at some of the amazing shots he can make. But he has not consistency and can drive you crazy as often as not. Livingston looked like an All Star last night. He couldn't miss and Irving and Smith are too short to guard him.

Curry forced some bad shots and then could not hit the open shots - a really poor game for him.

The game was close for a lot longer than it looked at the end.

Jeff

This is actually true

But at the same time there was never a moment where you said "The Warriors are in trouble".

To me, it looked like the cavs had to work very hard to get a bucket for most of the game. The Warriors just kind of made it look easy on the other end. The story will be different in Cleveland.

My prediction dubs win game 2. Cavs game 3. Dubs 4 and 5

retrofit
06-03-2016, 10:47 PM
In stopping the Splash Brothers, the Cavaliers forgot the basics (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/3/11850898/nba-finals-golden-state-warriors-cleveland-cavaliers-defense-game-1)

Good article that illustrates the problem the Cadaverliers had with on court decision making:

Communication is paramount against the Warriors, yet that communication was too slow on Cleveland's side in Game 1. Switching against Warrior actions is unavoidable. They layer too many screens, split cuts and general player movement to defend otherwise, and their own switching defense forces transition scrambling that requires their opponents to change assignments on the fly.

cadence90
06-05-2016, 06:24 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Raise your hand the none of you that believe this:

He's a great player and he's humble too! ;)

I guess this may be a good time to admit that my "Cavs in six" prediction may not come to pass.

denapista
06-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Unless the Cavs can sweep the Warriors, no Cavs in 6. Hell if they lose game 3, it may be a sweep and get ugly game 4...

The thing I've noticed about the Warriors, is that the splash brothers play better on the road, granted they have off nights here and there. The bench plays better at home, while Clay and Steph play mediocre. Weird flip. It's like the splash brothers know they need to give more effort on the road. I think the warriors will still win game 3. The Cavs don't have the defensive personnel to stop anything the Warriors are doing. They don't have the basketball IQ to understand the constant back picks and screens and defensive rotations. It's a clear sign when the Warriors are getting dunk after dunk, uncontested at the rim. Basketball 101.

Tyron Lue is in over his head... he can't combat anything Kerr and the warriors are doing. Basic defense is to stop the ball, but Lue has the entire defense focused on off the ball movement by Curry and Clay. so you have the best 2 way guy in the game right now (Green) running the point and making the right play 99.9% of the time. Kerr also notices that somehow the PG will get down on the block against Kyrie when switching occurs. There was a stretch when Barnes kept getting that matchup, but blowing the buckets. Kerr quickly went to Livingston, to expose that matchup. Shaun came in and immediately to Kyrie took school in the paint.

Cavs are simply overmatched, for these 2 games.. You never know how these series are going to play out, but GSW just seems to be a well lubed chain, against a cruddy CX KMC chain with a master link ready to pop (Lebron).

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Last night drove home, again, that GSW are a_team_and CC are a superstar and 11 hired hands. The team looks like they actually like each other and the other guys are getting paychecks. When Kevin Love went down, did you see even one teammate come over to check on him? There's certainly a total talent gap, a coaching/scheme gap, but also a cohesion gap.

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Last night drove home, again, that GSW are a_team_and CC are a superstar and 11 hired hands. The team looks like they actually like each other and the other guys are getting paychecks. When Kevin Love went down, did you see even one teammate come over to check on him? There's certainly a total talent gap, a coaching/scheme gap, but also a cohesion gap.

They couldn't check on him because the play was still, yanno, going on.

This isn't a "one team sings songs on the bus and the other say mean things in text messages" issue.

This is a a getting whipped by a small lineup issue. The Cavs are totally flummoxed by the small lineup. Heck, Curry wasn't even on the floor last night when most of the damage was done. Why Frye isn't playing more minutes and why they're still doubling and trapping so hard off screens boggles my mind. Yeah, you don't expect Draymond to hit 6 threes in a night, but for all the bottling up they've done of Steph and Klay -- and they've been fairly successful at that -- they're getting killed everywhere else. Every other Warrior is getting the looks they want within the flow of the offense.

Its weird, but a fully healthy Cavs seem like they stand less of a chance than last year's crippled squad.

denapista
06-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Someone in the GSW organization said last year was harder with Kyrie and Love out.. That was true. The game got uglier and slowed down, and Mozgov got a bunch of minutes. He was the 2nd highest scorer last finals. Love and Kyrie are exposed defensive liabilities against the warriors. Shaq says the Cavs should just play man up and die by that defense. They can't figure out the rotations and then you see the team concept the Cavs don't have is exposed. They're not even communicating to each other, but arguing when the defense breaks down.

Cavs were fools gold in the eastern conference. It was a troubling sign watching the Toronto series. They simply couldn't stop the Toronto guards from getting to the basket. No rim defense or help communication. If Toronto was a better shooting team from the perimeter, that series would have been interesting.

retrofit
06-06-2016, 12:25 PM
https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7383/27227474620_edeeefed0f_b.jpg

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 01:39 PM
This isn't a "one team sings songs on the bus and the other say mean things in text messages" issue.

That's a condescending mischaracterization of what I wrote. We can disagree on what's going on in the series, that's cool. But let's not be a snot, ok?

I'm not alone in believing that team chemistry and character are playing a role.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/embarrassed-cavs-looking-more-and-more-like-nba-s-buffalo-bills-074727428.html

A germane quote from the piece, "Here's what teams believe about the Cavaliers: They don't think they have staying power. They don't think they're tough-minded. They believe the Cavaliers will start pointing fingers, that they'll never stay together in the hardest of times. "

cadence90
06-06-2016, 02:16 PM
.... ..

firerescuefin
06-06-2016, 02:32 PM

Kerr himself has stated he's never seen a group of guys that enjoy playing together more...or are more sold out to the team (not a much of me first guys).

....it certainly is believable when you watch them on and off the court.

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 02:44 PM
That's a condescending mischaracterization of what I wrote. We can disagree on what's going on in the series, that's cool. But let's not be a snot, ok?

I'm not alone in believing that team chemistry and character are playing a role.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/embarrassed-cavs-looking-more-and-more-like-nba-s-buffalo-bills-074727428.html

A germane quote from the piece, "Here's what teams believe about the Cavaliers: They don't think they have staying power. They don't think they're tough-minded. They believe the Cavaliers will start pointing fingers, that they'll never stay together in the hardest of times. "

Its insulting to the Warriors to say they are able to do what they do, predominantly, because they like each other. Know what encourages a lot of love for teammates? Winning 87 games in a year, and already one title under the belt.

Which ignores the very real tactical and team construction issues the Cavs have and the Warriors benefit from. Its pro basketball. They don't have to like each other to play great ball. I'm sure if the Cavs were up 2-0 or even 1-1, there would be stories about LeBron's work remaking the image of these Cavs in the image of his title Heat teams. Oh wait, we've already seen that: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15878773/truehoop-presents-lebron-struggles-bring-heat-culture-cavs

The Warriors are the kind of synthesis of this era of basketball that we've never seen and will not see again.

Their starting point guard is the greatest shooter the game's ever seen. Their starting shooting guard is probably in that top 5 of that conversation, and also happens to be an All-NBA defender. Their power forward can play four positions and is Charles Barkley with a jump shot. They run 12 deep and are a two-way nightmare.

This team is insane. None of that has to do with Steph Curry and Draymond Green being bffs.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

firerescuefin
06-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Its insulting to the Warriors to say they are able to do what they do, predominantly, because they like each other. Know what encourages a lot of love for teammates? Winning 87 games in a year, and already one title under the belt.

Which ignores the very real tactical and team construction issues the Cavs have and the Warriors benefit from. Its pro basketball. They don't have to like each other to play great ball. I'm sure if the Cavs were up 2-0 or even 1-1, there would be stories about LeBron's work remaking the image of these Cavs in the image of his title Heat teams. Oh wait, we've already seen that: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15878773/truehoop-presents-lebron-struggles-bring-heat-culture-cavs

The Warriors are the kind of synthesis of this era of basketball that we've never seen and will not see again.

Their starting point guard is the greatest shooter the game's ever seen. Their starting shooting guard is probably in that top 5 of that conversation, and also happens to be an All-NBA defender. Their power forward can play four positions and is Charles Barkley with a jump shot. They run 12 deep and are a two-way nightmare.

This team is insane. None of that has to do with Steph Curry and Draymond Green being bffs.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Your points on what they are...are very accurate.

But, when your down 3-1 to a team that is kicking your ass...and you're thick as thieves (not pointing fingers at each other).....chemistry is a very real part of their story.

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Your points on what they are...are very accurate.

But, when your down 3-1 to a team that is kicking your ass...and you're thick as thieves (not pointing fingers at each other).....chemistry is a very real part of their story.

They also figured out OKC's insane defensive switching nightmare. And OKC finally played like, well, OKC did for most of the season. That Game 6 was an embarrassment for the ages.

Chemistry's no guarantee of success either. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant are tight. Heck, look at how KD celebrated his MVP win in 2013. And they're watching the Finals on TV just like the rest of us.

cadence90
06-06-2016, 03:17 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 03:40 PM
It is also insulting to imply that anyone here believes that "the Warriors are able to do what they do, predominantly, because they like each other."

The Warriors have better skills and ALSO have better team chemistry.
That has nothing to do with being "bffs" or "being tight" (Russ/KD), etc.

So enlighten me. What's this "team chemistry" you're talking about?

Because so far it seems to extend to something along the lines of "the Warriors looked happy after they won and the Cavs looked sad."

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Its insulting to the Warriors to say they are able to do what they do, predominantly, because they like each other.

Please, show me where I, or anyone, said 'predominantly'?

My exact words were: "I'm not alone in believing that team chemistry and character are playing a role."

Again, let's debate. Let's disagree. That's part of what makes sports fun to watch. But lets debate what we're actually positing, not strawmen you're creating to knock down.

GSW are phenomenal for many reasons. Talent, depth (bench players who could start on many teams), brilliant schemes and great coaching. But one could argue (respectfully and collegially, if one were inclined) that team chemistry and character is part of why all those things are possible. GSW pass often, because, in part, lack of ego and wanting teammates to score and share in the victory and glory. Players who could start elsewhere stay because they're valued and enjoy playing as a team. Kerr can coach selfless basketball because he's coaching selfless players who buy in to a team concept. I'm not downplaying tangibles, but tangibles are magnified by intangibles.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. Your style of 'debate' is more revealing of you than my feelings.

cadence90
06-06-2016, 04:09 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Please, show me where I, or anyone, said 'predominantly'?

My exact words were: "I'm not alone in believing that team chemistry and character are playing a role."

Again, let's debate. Let's disagree. That's part of what makes sports fun to watch. But lets debate what we're actually positing, not strawmen you're creating to knock down.

GSW are phenomenal for many reasons. Talent, depth (bench players who could start on many teams), brilliant schemes and great coaching. But one could argue (respectfully and collegially, if one were inclined) that team chemistry and character is part of why all those things are possible. GSW pass often, because, in part, lack of ego and wanting teammates to score and share in the victory and glory. Players who could start elsewhere stay because they're valued and enjoy playing as a team. Kerr can coach selfless basketball because he's coaching selfless players who buy in to a team concept. I'm not downplaying tangibles, but tangibles are magnified by intangibles.

And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. Your style of 'debate' is more revealing of you than my feelings.

I'm sorry you didn't accept my apology. Our team chemistry would be poor. I have no clue how we would overcome the magical power of positive team chemistry.

Listen, here's a gimme. Mark Jackson created real divisions on essentially the same roster with his awful decision making in how he managed the players. Notably how he managed the pregame prayer meetings for the more religious players. Rubbed guys like Bogut the wrong way. What Kerr has done to get everyone on board is nothing short of incredible with nearly the same group of guys.

Try that instead of the same generic platitudes about team chemistry.

Nope. Incorrecto. Try again!
(Or, perhaps, just read what climb posted above.)

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2013/08/14/jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

pdmtong
06-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Kerr himself has stated he's never seen a group of guys that enjoy playing together more...or are more sold out to the team (not a much of me first guys). ....it certainly is believable when you watch them on and off the court.

I think if you ask James Michael McAdoo for an honest answer it;'s a team for all except him. That guy never plays even in junk time. ian and brandon get the last two minutes to show why the ride the pine.

fogrider
06-06-2016, 04:35 PM
I remember the days of nelly, the warriors were lucky to win half their games. and they had many great players on the team, many went on to become great players on other teams.

clearly these guys are winning for many reasons. players that are willing to play off the bench, players that actually listen to the coaches and coaches that can break white boards. it's not just because guys play better, it because someone said, they're taking away our outside game, so cut to the paint. step and klay are not playing well because they are getting double teamed, which leaves someone else open, find the open guy.

after know what to do, then its up to the players to get it done. there were a few missed plays, but it's ok when their up by 20. now it's up to the cavs to figure it out and play better. notice that green doesn't like to shoot from the right side of the court? dark days are coming to cleveland if they can't figure it out to win game 3.

cadence90
06-06-2016, 04:36 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Right back atcha.

But, come on now, really, how lonely were you feeling that night?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ixCowcsqNVJbUkC1b2/giphy.gif

Omg its funny because he's fat and a child and no one high fived him. Hysterical.

Next time dig a bit deeper in the ol...

http://i.giphy.com/7dqATJBgxMthu.gif

joosttx
06-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Right back atcha.

But, come on now, really, how lonely were you feeling that night?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ixCowcsqNVJbUkC1b2/giphy.gif

You realize this team had the fewest "lonely" nights this year. In fact had the fewest "lonely" nights than any team in NBA history .

No one is lonely in Dub Nation. Especially if you believe you are only as good as your last (fill in the blank).

cadence90
06-06-2016, 05:00 PM
.... ..

joosttx
06-06-2016, 05:03 PM
I didn't even know he was still in the league.

Did you entirely mis-read the context of that post?

Probably. but more likely I didn't read it at all.

cadence90
06-06-2016, 05:08 PM
.... ..

joosttx
06-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Hence the quote and post? :confused:

yes

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 05:34 PM
I didn't even know he was still in the league.

So you don't watch much basketball then?

mg2ride
06-06-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm with you 100% climb.

Last night, as in every game, there were many examples of the Warriors' great team chemistry, both during the game and afterward.

I do not see that from the Cavs. It's a completely different vibe.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/draymond-green-stephen-curry.jpg?quality=90&w=650&h=377

You guys are comparing team chemistry of a team that just won to finals games against a team that just lost 2 finals games.

No ***** the winning team is getting along better. However, that has very little to do with why they won those 2 games.

Chemistry is the only straw man being discussed here.

Bob Ross
06-06-2016, 06:38 PM
omg, I feel like I just wandered into a thread in "The Misc" over at bodybuilding.com forums. Can we please get back to talking about basketball rather than whose .gif collection is more puerile?

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Chemistry is the only straw man being discussed here.

Really?

Guess you better tell that to Steph.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15172706/the-warriors-secret-sauce-team-dinners-road

"Instead of everyone going their separate ways, we have one spot we can go and just enjoy each other's company," Curry says. "It just continues to build the camaraderie that you need to be successful from year to year."

Look, there are many, many reasons why a team wins. No one's arguing against that. But it's ill-informed to argue that chemistry plays no role.

Another article from last year:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/golden-state-the-team-that-eats-together-1423682960

An on-point quote: “Chemistry is not something you can fake,” Warriors forward David Lee said. “You either have it or you don’t.”

One more article:

http://www.givemesport.com/748738-group-text-messaging-is-vital-to-the-golden-state-warriors-chemistry

One more quote:

“Coming back from the All-Star break, a couple days into the break, we’re all texting each other, we’re like, ‘Man, I really miss you guys.’ Other guys are, ‘I can’t wait to get back,'” Ezeli said. “That’s a different nature of a team, a different kind of chemistry, I feel like, than any other team.”

It's fair to say I'm stating an opinion, and yeah, what do I know, but it's harder to rationally say Curry and Lee and Ezeli don't know whereof they speak. And they seem to believe chemistry matters.

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 07:32 PM
As much as I love the Dubs, know who else has great chemistry? The Atlanta Hawks. I love the Hawks. But they play like hot garbage against the Cavs, and get torched against the Warriors.

They play Uno at Al Horford's house during barbecues and on team trips.

Doesn't change the fact they get curb stomped against some elite teams.

If we're talking a 90/10 split. That 90 is how good those players are. The 10 is everything else.

Shaq and Kobe couldn't stand each other, yet they still won three titles together.

All the rah rah team stuff is just to sell it to the punters in the stands.

Climb01742
06-06-2016, 07:47 PM
All the rah rah team stuff is just to sell it to the punters in the stands.

Funny, you sidestepped the quotes from the players. Would you care to actually rebut what the GSW players said themselves about chemistry? Or are they punters too? Are they as gullible as you presume the rest of us are?

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Funny, you sidestepped the quotes from the players. Would you care to actually rebut what the GSW players said themselves about chemistry? Or are they punters too? Are they as gullible as you presume the rest of us are?

Does any job where you have people you like working with make it a better gig? Of course.

But 1) Is it easier to like your coworkers when you're winning. Duh. 2) Does that matter as much as the fact they have assembled two of the greatest skill players at their respective positions with complementary pieces that are the perfect fit?

Also, yeah, media training 101. Do you think Steph's going to say "Yeah, I can't stand how Festus eats beans on the team plane and farts up a storm on the ride home after a long road trip?" Of course not. Just like you wouldn't dog out your coworkers if a reporter asked you what you think of them.

I'm not saying they hate each other. They seem to like each other quite a bit. But winning Nigh on 150 games in two years breeds a lot of good feelings and camaraderie.

Again, as I've beaten to death here already, their respective skills -- two shooters whose range is literally "in the building", a power forward who can guard four positions credibly, a defensive center who happens to be an incredibly skilled passer, and two do-it-all wings who, well, do it all -- far outweigh any nebulous notions of team chemistry.

Ye Gods, the Rockets made the playoffs this year, and Dwight Howard and James Harden can't stand each other. In the West no less! You're not marrying the guy. You're playing basketball.

jlwdm
06-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Just read the last three pages of this thread. Painful to say the least. Time for some people to move on to a different thread.

Jeff

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Just read the last three pages of this thread. Painful to say the least. Time for some people to move on to a different thread.

Jeff

Why?

gasman
06-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Why?

Because at this point it's just circling.

Some believe team chemistry plays a part in a teams' success and some don't.

Neither side has the corner on the truth from my position.

It's not life or death.

I do hope GSW does take it all again.

mg2ride
06-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Really?

Guess you better tell that to Steph.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15172706/the-warriors-secret-sauce-team-dinners-road

"Instead of everyone going their separate ways, we have one spot we can go and just enjoy each other's company," Curry says. "It just continues to build the camaraderie that you need to be successful from year to year."

Look, there are many, many reasons why a team wins. No one's arguing against that. But it's ill-informed to argue that chemistry plays no role.

Another article from last year:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/golden-state-the-team-that-eats-together-1423682960

An on-point quote: “Chemistry is not something you can fake,” Warriors forward David Lee said. “You either have it or you don’t.”

One more article:

http://www.givemesport.com/748738-group-text-messaging-is-vital-to-the-golden-state-warriors-chemistry

One more quote:

“Coming back from the All-Star break, a couple days into the break, we’re all texting each other, we’re like, ‘Man, I really miss you guys.’ Other guys are, ‘I can’t wait to get back,'” Ezeli said. “That’s a different nature of a team, a different kind of chemistry, I feel like, than any other team.”

It's fair to say I'm stating an opinion, and yeah, what do I know, but it's harder to rationally say Curry and Lee and Ezeli don't know whereof they speak. And they seem to believe chemistry matters.

Noe of those quotes or articles are claiming that GSW couldn't win if they didn't get along.

You can have 5 guys that all love each other and I'll take 5 guys that hate each other but have more talent and higher Bball IQ.

Not only will we sweep you but they will get along just fine doing it. Mean while you guys will end up blaming each other.

Jus Sayin.

FlashUNC
06-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Because at this point it's just circling.

Some believe team chemistry plays a part in a teams' success and some don't.

Neither side has the corner on the truth from my position.

It's not life or death.

I do hope GSW does take it all again.

As long as sports has existed, pointless sports arguments have existed.

Could be up to worse things.

gasman
06-06-2016, 10:52 PM
As long as sports has existed, pointless sports arguments have existed.

Could be up to worse things.

That is true.

enr1co
06-06-2016, 11:27 PM
That is true.

There are more important arguments like "do you think mighty mouse could beat up superman" ;)

mg2ride
06-08-2016, 09:30 AM
There are more important arguments like "do you think mighty mouse could beat up superman" ;)

Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.

bobswire
06-08-2016, 10:06 AM
It's the unselfishness of the team that translates to wins and team chemistry (as best defined by Curry and Thompson).

Waldo
06-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Snip: ... Do you think Steph's going to say "Yeah, I can't stand how Festus eats beans on the team plane and farts up a storm on the ride home after a long road trip?"

Is this a reference to The Addams Family parody song?

Inquiring idle minds...

cadence90
06-08-2016, 05:56 PM
.... ..

Waldo
06-08-2016, 05:59 PM
^^^ Very impressive.

FlashUNC
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Snip:

Is this a reference to The Addams Family parody song?

Inquiring idle minds...

No, but it works closely enough. I'll take it as serendipity.

Damon Stoudamire vs Dwight Howard? Tough call.

There's only one NBA Superman. And it ain't the Wanna-Be.

http://bullseye-prod.aggrego.org/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/156/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-19-at-10.52.43-AM.png?o=eyJ4IjowLjUsInkiOjAuNSwid2lkdGgiOjUwMCwia GVpZ2h0Ijo0NjYuMDA1NjY1NzIyMzh9&s=P9eceyvpzdYQZL62fR%2FqolKMxEE%3D

Louis
06-08-2016, 11:15 PM
I guess this may be a good time to admit that my "Cavs in six" prediction may not come to pass.

I take back my retraction of my previous prediction.

They way things went tonight, Cavs in Six!

Actually, I'm just kidding, but more seriously, what's the story with all this see-saw play from GSW?

There shouldn't be such uneven play from game to game from very good teams like these. Barring injuries we don't know about, IMO this is fishy.

cadence90
06-08-2016, 11:28 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-08-2016, 11:59 PM
"Fishy" in that one possible explanation is that players aren't trying as hard as they can each and every game. I really don't think that the games are fixed (lets just say I would be very surprised if they are) but nearly everyone benefits if the series are longer rather than shorter, so some players may slack off. I know, it doesn't make sense, but as you mentioned, there have massive margins of victory on both sides.

Unlike baseball, where you have a different starting pitcher from night to night, in basketball it's the very same group of guys. I think the reason for the changes from game to game are psychological, but given that these guys are pros I don't think their frame of mind should change that much.

Finally, I don't think it's simply a question of home-court advantage - I don't think it's worth that many points per game.

Who knows. Maybe it's just random fluctuations.

chiasticon
06-09-2016, 12:12 AM
I reserve the right to revise my GSW in 7 prediction.
I might even subtract 3 from that.

Jeez, GSW have:
the best player
the better starting 5
the better second 5
the better rest of bench
the better coach
the better overall game
the better-to-watch-game
the better offense
the better defense
the better passing game
the better speed
the better intelligence
the better communication
the better heart
the better team cohesion
the better city
the better etc.

That was a clinic.
They're just better.yeah but does their star player own a portion of Cannondale, ride frequently and donate hundreds of bikes to poor kids every year?

I mean... this is a bike forum, right?

jtakeda
06-09-2016, 12:20 AM
I said Warriors in 5 and I'm sticking to it. I also said I thought they would lose game 3.

This happens often. The home team advantage team goes up 2-0. Thinks they got it in the bag and the team that's down knows if they lose game 3 it's over so they step up.

Warriors should be able to figure it out. especially if Kevin love comes back in. Familiar territory should help the Warriors IMO

cadence90
06-09-2016, 12:43 AM
.... ..

jr59
06-09-2016, 09:01 AM
They say it on TV all the time;

IT'S A MAKE OR MISS LEAGUE!

When James, Irving,Smith not to mention Love make perimeter shots the Cavs are hard to defend. Same way with the Dubs. Curry, Thompson, and Green make shots they are a handful.

We have yet to see a game this series where all the stars play like stars. When one team doesn't make shots, they get blown out.

I sort of laugh at the idea of why one team wins is chemistry. As the saying goes; It's not about the Xs and Os, it's about the Jimmys and Joes!

denapista
06-09-2016, 09:08 AM
The league today lacks ball movement and just jacking up 3's. When the Warriors actually stopped shooting 3's and moving the ball, they cut a 20 point lead down to 9, easily. Once they started jacking up 3's, which equate to long rebounds then the Cavs jumped out. Just like OKC series. The reason there are blowouts, is because everyone shoots jumpers and when they're missing, it creates a swing of momentum. Huge momentum. Jumpshots create long rebounds that start up tempo basketball, which is hard to defend in transition.

I wish Steph would just take a 2 dribble, 15ft jump shot when his 3 isn't working. If he can't make his 3's, he loses focus and starts getting careless. They run him off the 3 line, but he doesn't look to take the 12-15ft jumper he can get with ease. As a shooter, you just need to see the ball go in.

I still say GSW is 5, but who knows..

FlashUNC
06-09-2016, 09:32 AM
The league today lacks ball movement and just jacking up 3's. When the Warriors actually stopped shooting 3's and moving the ball, they cut a 20 point lead down to 9, easily. Once they started jacking up 3's, which equate to long rebounds then the Cavs jumped out. Just like OKC series. The reason there are blowouts, is because everyone shoots jumpers and when they're missing, it creates a swing of momentum. Huge momentum. Jumpshots create long rebounds that start up tempo basketball, which is hard to defend in transition.

I wish Steph would just take a 2 dribble, 15ft jump shot when his 3 isn't working. If he can't make his 3's, he loses focus and starts getting careless. They run him off the 3 line, but he doesn't look to take the 12-15ft jumper he can get with ease. As a shooter, you just need to see the ball go in.

I still say GSW is 5, but who knows..

Steph, literally, cannot take too many 3's. Just not possible. The math is overwhelming in his favor that a mid-range two is a complete waste of his time and skillset.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/stephen-curry-is-the-revolution/

jlwdm
06-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Steph, literally, cannot take too many 3's. Just not possible. The math is overwhelming in his favor that a mid-range two is a complete waste of his time and skillset.

Not when they are guarding him tight on the 3s and he is forcing the shots. Time for ball movement with a wide open lane.

Jeff

jtakeda
06-10-2016, 10:53 PM
3-1 lead for Warriors.

Warriors in 5!!!!

Monday night- let's do it!!

Louis
06-10-2016, 11:16 PM
I completely forgot about Game 4.

Good win on the road for GS. Looks like Curry and Thompson aren't that horrible after all...

cadence90
06-10-2016, 11:17 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-11-2016, 12:07 AM
I'll be shocked if this series goes back to Cleveland.

Monday should be the coronation of the greatest team of all time.

Louis
06-11-2016, 12:54 AM
I'll be shocked if this series goes back to Cleveland.

Monday should be the coronation of the greatest team of all time.

I think you're right, but as a fan of neither team, I'm just hoping for as many games as possible. Plus, the more exciting the series the greater GSW's accomplishment for the season (assuming they win in, say, 7 games).

Climb01742
06-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Lots of Warriors stepped up last night (or should we say Steph-ed up?) but no one gave the GSW more spark in fewer minutes than Anderson Varejão. I love his effort and that edge of nasty. On the boards, he was exactly what the doctor ordered. His tap back out of that long rebound was so key.

And I loved Dramond going jaw to jaw with Lebron. Then Steph, after getting mugged by LBJ on the inbounds, jawing right back too. LBJ is supremely talented by man, what a crybaby. Does he think he's_ever_fouled anyone?

As OKC demonstrated, hero ball can't beat GSW. CC proved it again.

Seeing defeat on Lebron's face? Priceless.

joosttx
06-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Lots of Warriors stepped up last night (or should we say Steph-ed up?) but no one gave the GSW more spark in fewer minutes than Anderson Varejão. I love his effort and that edge of nasty. On the boards, he was exactly what the doctor ordered. His tap back out of that long rebound was so key.

And I loved Dramond going jaw to jaw with Lebron. Then Steph, after getting mugged by LBJ on the inbounds, jawing right back too. LBJ is supremely talented by man, what a crybaby. Does he think he's_ever_fouled anyone?

As OKC demonstrated, hero ball can't beat GSW. CC proved it again.

Seeing defeat on Lebron's face? Priceless.

I was amazed at how many time Lebron was stripped of the ball while he was driving to the bucket. Seems to me he is a step slower.

cadence90
06-11-2016, 03:48 PM
.... ..

Fivethumbs
06-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Cleveland plays too much one on one ball.

Cornfed
06-11-2016, 05:15 PM
http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r654/traghetter/w1080xh810_CkpD7YHUoAA_cFB_zpsvjawrs9q.jpg (http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/traghetter/media/w1080xh810_CkpD7YHUoAA_cFB_zpsvjawrs9q.jpg.html)

Saw this moment and thought, "There it is. The torch has been passed."

soulspinner
06-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Cleveland plays too much one on one ball.

cadence90
06-11-2016, 08:54 PM
.... ..

pdmtong
06-11-2016, 11:23 PM
I cannot recall how often the opportunity to close out the series and win the championship in one's home building comes along. That Pittsburgh just gaffed a game 5 at home despite 40+ shots (martin jones out of his mind) does show it's not a lock.

But....

The league will not suspend green for G5 because the King stepped over him as he was trying to get up. LJ can say what he wants, but that is instigation.

Warriors want to do it at home and have the edge now.

And, they are the best team in the league. The local papers say losing G3 actually will make a championship after 73 all the more punctuated. There would be no excuses from Cleveland - a sweep might imply they got caught at a bad time - but a 4-1 finals after overcoming a 3-1 hole?

Best team during one season ever.

It's a bit crazy around here - between GSW, Sharks and Copa plenty of couch sitting and beer drinking

cadence90
06-11-2016, 11:29 PM
.... ..

pdmtong
06-12-2016, 12:11 AM
I really hope you/yours have a great time and witness a win Monday night!

If the league suspends DG for that, it's pure politics. LJ was losing his head at the end, and I think the league will take that into account, in addition to weighing the clear provocation.

If indeed they win Monday it would rank as the top moment of all live sports I have ever attended. Better than any A's Raiders Giants 49ers Sharks Cal Stanford Amgen ToC SF Grand Prix

You won't see me on the broadcast though. I'm midcourt above the light bar in the still outrageously expensive cheap seats

Climb01742
06-12-2016, 06:49 AM
If the league suspends DG for that, it's pure politics. LJ was losing his head at the end, and I think the league will take that into account, in addition to weighing the clear provocation.

Yeah, stepping over someone is a provocation and I hope the league will factor that in. I'm a bit worried, tho. It almost feels like the chorus of suspend DG has grown louder and the league may feel pressured.

I'd love to know exactly what they said to each other. If Draymond really did call LBJ the word that sounds like itch, good for him.

I know it's never happened but how cool, and appropriate, would it be if they gave the MVP award to the whole Warriors team?

pdmtong
06-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Plus by that point in the game the refs had let a lot of contact happen. Yes Green punched up but he could have as easily hit leg as jewels. LJ walking over a guy trying to get up won't fly

mg2ride
06-12-2016, 10:31 AM

This was great and would be capped off great with a Beat Down Monday night to close them out.

Climb01742
06-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Draymond is out of game 5:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/16151747/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-suspended-game-5-nba-finals-cleveland-cavaliers

I was afraid that the chorus of toss-him-out was getting too loud. IMO, what happened in game 4 was equally the fault of DG and LBJ and didn't merit a flagrant 1, but I guess the league didn't want to be seen as being too soft on the GSW. That said, Warriors still win game 5. They're that deep, I think. And thank god it's a home game. The crowd will help.:D

pdmtong
06-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Plus by that point in the game the refs had let a lot of contact happen. Yes Green punched up but he could have as easily hit leg as jewels. LJ walking over a guy trying to get up won't fly

Hmm now I know what crow tastes like

cadence90
06-12-2016, 07:53 PM
.... ..

Rada
06-12-2016, 10:24 PM
I don't really agree that Green should have been suspended, but he has become somewhat of a cheap shot artist.

jghall
06-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Normally do not comment on this kind of petty stuff. And Imagine I'll get blasted for this, but gmafb. I'm in no way a Lebron fan, but please. Also agree he's a complainer But disrespectful or not.

So my son disrespects me, kick him in the nuts. My wife disrespects me, she gets a titty-twister. Trip Bron, grap his leg. Here's a novel idea, play on. Intentional or not.

And anyone who truly see's, just about every time he goes to the basket Bron's fouled. About the only way to stop him. Then again, most driving the lane are fouled too.

joosttx
06-12-2016, 10:41 PM
And anyone who truly see's, just about every time he goes to the basket Bron's fouled. About the only way to stop him. Then again, most driving the lane are fouled too.

I see an undisciple, undermining, underachiever, who had all the talent in the world and couldnt get out of the way of himself. Lebron sadly believed he could do it all, coach, GM, pass, shoot, block.... However, for whatever reason and I think its Cleveland fault more than his, they did not get the talent above him to control him and make him great. Pat Riley did.

Louis
06-12-2016, 10:53 PM
I see an undisciple, undermining, underachiever, who had all the talent in the world and couldnt get out of the way of himself.

So how many NBA championships would LBJ have to win to no longer be an "underachiever?"

Just because he doesn't have as many titles as MJ doesn't mean he's a bum.

denapista
06-12-2016, 10:58 PM
I don't understand how a guy steps over another guy on the court, the guy getting up flings his arm to get the guy off of him in anger and then gets suspended..... Adam Silver said on live tv that they've made decisions based on sponsor partners, when it came to OKC series suspension that was in question. It's obvious, the NBA is getting flack for a dud of a finals series, and this just sparked lots of interest in the series.

I still think GSW will blow the doors off of the Cavs for game 5. I just don't trust the JR Smith types, when the game is on the line. If you look at Lebron in elimination games, he disappears. I hope Clay and Steph eliminate the need for Draymond. Livingston can do the same as Draymond and hit the mid rangs jumper with ease. They have the answers for whatever the cavs are going to toss at them...

jghall
06-12-2016, 11:01 PM
I see an undisciple, undermining, underachiever, who had all the talent in the world and couldnt get out of the way of himself.

Please. Yea and I guess Elgin Baylor sucked cause he was like 0-8 in championships. Jerry West too(believe 1-8). Even Wilt was sub 500. It's a team sport, and being such, takes others. And chemistry. And luck. And.....

joosttx
06-12-2016, 11:02 PM
So how many NBA championships would LBJ have to win to no longer be an "underachiever?"

Just because he doesn't have as many titles as MJ doesn't mean he's a bum.

I think for his talent, the answer is yes. He was suppose to be the greatest and had 4 year head start to MJ.

joosttx
06-12-2016, 11:15 PM
. It's a team sport, and being such, takes others. And chemistry. And luck. And.....

This is hits around my point. LBJ could not listen to others to develop his talent, bring talent to him, or unify talent to win.

Where is his improvement on defense, jump shot, or post up (that improved in the Miami era)?

Irving? Love? The role players. They have some talent but they are not as talented as the three top teams in the West.

Coaches? Who was that knuckle head during Cleveland 1.0? Eric Smxxx did well because Pat Riely and DWade had his back. He was smart too. . Blat? LBJ and team turned on him. Did you know his preferred style is similar to GSW? But LBJ and team didnt want that #notenoughheroball. TL least they listen to him but still is a ****ty coach.

cadence90
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
.... ..

joosttx
06-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Underachiever? I don't think that at all.
But you're right: he is not the god he and others think he is.

my points on him being an underachiever is that he has not improved his game. for instance, as some stars age they become better jump shooters. Also, this may be a team thing but as great as a star he is he commits what I would consider many fundmental offense and defensive errors based on sloppy positioning and effort. This point also bleeds into my undisciple comment. In both cases he is relying on his talent and not his training. This IMO makes him an underachiever even without considering his record which could be argued as great or a disappointment.

mg2ride
06-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Baby Lebron's downfall seems to be that he does not elevate the game of his team mates like many of the Greats have. Pippen would have been an average player without MJ pushing him. Hell Kerr would have been a complete after thought. Both Bird and Magic made average players play like superstars.

Baby Lebron needed established superstars to win it all. Irving and Love were all ready great before they joined with Baby L and you might be able to make a case that they (and Bosch) played better without him.

I can not think of a single player that Baby L has elevated. Until he learns to do that he will need help from at least one other established Superstar to win another Championship.

P.S. He needs a hell of a lot more championships to be considered in the same league as MJ, Bird, Magic, Kobe et. al.

Waldo
06-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Predictions for Game 5: Marshawn Lynch will deliver a beast mode pep talk to his home team, leading to a blowout win and a repeat. Draymond will be in the building for the game -- incurring a fine in the process -- and will accept the Larry O'Brien trophy from Adam Silver. For the first time in a long time, Draymond will resist the urge to make contact with the offending man's reproductive organs, leaving Silver's testicles temporarily intact.

jtakeda
06-13-2016, 01:59 PM
I have no idea how this will play out.

BUT

if I were green I'd be at this game and incur the fine. I'd also be wearing lebrons shoes as I accepted the trophy.

joosttx
06-13-2016, 02:05 PM

BUT

if I were green I'd be at this game and incur the fine. I'd also be wearing lebrons shoes as I accepted the trophy.

I hope Drey goes Mrs Doubtfire as a disguise, accepts trophy in drag and plants a big wet lipstick kiss on Silver's cheek.

jr59
06-13-2016, 02:08 PM
my points on him being an underachiever is that he has not improved his game. for instance, as some stars age they become better jump shooters. Also, this may be a team thing but as great as a star he is he commits what I would consider many fundmental offense and defensive errors based on sloppy positioning and effort. This point also bleeds into my undisciple comment. In both cases he is relying on his talent and not his training. This IMO makes him an underachiever even without considering his record which could be argued as great or a disappointment.

LBJ will be in the top five in every statistical category of all time when he is done. To think of him as any other than the greatest player of this time is pretty silly. The NBA logo is Jerry West. He lost 7 or so finals. Robert Horry has seven rings. SO STINKING WHAT! You can not judge players that way. Well maybe you can, but get around people who really know the game and they will think you foolish.

Look at it this way, if you had a game with5 MJs vs 5 LBJ, who would win?

Not like him all you want, but understand that he is the greatest of this time.
Just like MJ was in his and Wilt was in his!

bobswire
06-13-2016, 02:11 PM

BUT

I think the W's will putting a stamp on this game,basically telling the Cavs, who's your Daddy after the Teabagging play by LeBron. It may have worked in getting Green disqualified but I think it will backfire. Oh, if they win you better believe Green will join the rest of TEAM to celebrate.

FlashUNC
06-13-2016, 02:19 PM
The Warriors have, for whatever reason, decided to rent out space in LeBron's head, and decorate however they see fit. They've won the mind-games by a wide margin over the last two years with the Cavs. Thompson's comments about hurt feelings weren't the kind of thing you'd hear from anyone worrying about LeBron going Super Saiyan in a playoff game a few years ago.

He's a step slower, and his supporting cast isn't good enough right now to get them over the Warriors hump. He knows it, the Dubs know it, and I'm sure the Dubs know he knows they know.

Somewhere in the last 5 days this turned from winning the series to scooping out LeBron's soul.

And yeah, even if he walked away today, I think you have to say LeBron is one of the top half dozen players the league has ever seen. GOAT comes down to your preference for Wilt, MJ or some other dark horse candidate that says more about your preferences as a basketball fan than any real objective difference between those guys.

bikingshearer
06-13-2016, 02:20 PM
He also commits fouls, much more than are called, when he's going to the basket.

True that. He goes to the basket like he was playing fullback rushing right up the middle instead of power forward. Smart play on his part - if the refs aren't going to call it, keep doing it until they do call it. (Just like the way Shaq backed guys down to the basket basically by being a human wrecking ball and never got called for it.) I just wish Lebron wouldn't whine about it if and when he encounters a ref who actually makes charging calls.

As for Lebron not making others around him play better, I think that is a valid point - he does not have the knack for it that that some of the others mentioned here had/have. But to be fair, he catches hell whatever he does. If he tired to put the team on his shoulders and carry it himself, he is slammed for not being a team guy. If he looks to pass and involve others, he is wussing out and taking it hard to the basket like he should be. That is unfair. Pick one criticism and stick to it.

The two most important differences between the teams are: the Warriors are much deeper than the Cavs; and the Warriors play significantly better all-around team defense. They reinforce each other. Part of why the W's defense is better is because everyone is fresher on the court and can play harder defense because the deeper bench keeps everyone fresher. And part of why the team is deeper is because pretty much everyone on the bench got significant playing time during the regular season in order to keep the starters fresher, meaning the entire team is experienced playing with pretty much everyone else on the team. Don't under-estimate the importance of that.

joosttx
06-13-2016, 02:34 PM
LBJ will be in the top five in every statistical category of all time when he is done. To think of him as any other than the greatest player of this time is pretty silly. The NBA logo is Jerry West. He lost 7 or so finals. Robert Horry has seven rings. SO STINKING WHAT! You can not judge players that way. Well maybe you can, but get around people who really know the game and they will think you foolish.

Look at it this way, if you had a game with5 MJs vs 5 LBJ, who would win?

Not like him all you want, but understand that he is the greatest of this time.
Just like MJ was in his and Wilt was in his!

Top five in stats doesn't make you the greatest. Next to Wilt he is the most talented player I have seen. But as a result of his play and record, he has underachieved for the reasons I pointed out in an early post. Wilt underachieved too. Michael didn't he surpassed all expectation.

Bob and jerry had less control for their successes (the way you categorized them) than a star player like LBJ. I would prefer to be the primary factor for being the winnest of all time than the statistical top 5. MJ is the former. LBJ is more like the latter. Big shot Bob is more like among the winningest. Jerry is white, great player and person

jlwdm
06-13-2016, 04:46 PM

And yeah, even if he walked away today, I think you have to say LeBron is one of the top half dozen players the league has ever seen. GOAT comes down to your preference for Wilt, MJ or some other dark horse candidate that says more about your preferences as a basketball fan than any real objective difference between those guys.

I would agree LeBron is one of the best players of all time. Wilt never got recognition for being the best in his own era - Bill Russell was recognized as better than Wilt.

Jeff

Climb01742
06-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Is LeBron basketball's version of Peyton Manning? Truly talented, gaudy stats (particularly in the regular season) but fewer titles than talent might have warranted and in crunch time, both often crumbled?

Louis
06-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Cavs by 7 pts tonight.

You heard it first here.

pdmtong
06-13-2016, 06:21 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/860c3be52e93480527ebfe15b07506a0.jpg

cadence90
06-13-2016, 06:25 PM
.... ..

Fivethumbs
06-13-2016, 06:25 PM
...Thompson's comments about hurt feelings weren't the kind of thing you'd hear from anyone worrying about LeBron going Super Saiyan in a playoff game a few years ago.

Props for the 90's Dragon Ball Z reference. Bravo!

Louis
06-13-2016, 06:26 PM
See, all the GSW fans are staying home. They know they're going to lose.

cadence90
06-13-2016, 06:55 PM
.... ..

Bob Ross
06-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Robert Horry has seven rings. SO STINKING WHAT!

Well, so if I'm in a Win-Or-Go-Home situation down 2 with 0:03 left on the clock, I want Horry on my team, not LeChoke.

But ask any current or former NBA player: It's not about the stats, it's about the rings.

pdmtong
06-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Every time Lebron touches the ball in warmups the crowd boos

jr59
06-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Well, so if I'm in a Win-Or-Go-Home situation down 2 with 0:03 left on the clock, I want Horry on my team, not LeChoke.

But ask any current or former NBA player: It's not about the stats, it's about the rings.

ok; Ask Jerry West!

Louis
06-13-2016, 08:53 PM
This is an interesting comparison of Curry's 3-point shooting to other players over the years:

http://nyti.ms/1SJHEvc

FlashUNC
06-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Props for the 90's Dragon Ball Z reference. Bravo!

LeBron's days of going over 9000 have passed I'm afraid.

Louis
06-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, all tied up at half time.

pdmtong
06-13-2016, 09:33 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160614/785a05d503613a8f7aad4c5469620783.jpg

cadence90
06-13-2016, 09:37 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:16 PM
No need to play the 4th Q. Just end the game right now.

jtakeda
06-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Dubs are gonna be leading with 6 minutes left in the fourth.

cadence90
06-13-2016, 10:19 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Dubs are gonna be leading with 6 minutes left in the fourth.

They better start hitting a few more 3's. And playing better defense.

cadence90
06-13-2016, 10:30 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:36 PM
GSW running out of time.

I hope the Cavs can hit their foul shots.

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Cavs pulling away. :)

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Going back to Cleveland for Game 6!

(At this point I expect GSW to win in 7)

jtakeda
06-13-2016, 10:54 PM
Things fell apart.

I still think Warriors are going to win the next game.

Draymond is going to come back on fire. Double double performance.

Louis
06-13-2016, 10:56 PM
They might, but I'm guessing the home team will win the next two.

jlwdm
06-13-2016, 10:56 PM
I took 3 or 4 years off from the NBA when Robert Horry took out Steve Nash. I decided I would take another three or four years off for the Green suspension. And for all of the terrible calls on both sides during the playoffs.

I did not miss the game at all tonight.

Jeff

cadence90
06-13-2016, 10:58 PM
.... ..

cinema
06-13-2016, 10:59 PM
I took 3 or 4 years off from the NBA when Robert Horry took out Steve Nash. I decided I would take another three or four years off for the Green suspension. And for all of the terrible calls on both sides during the playoffs.

I did not miss the game at all tonight.

Jeff

no duh. the finals are rigged i'll take that to my grave. no way the two best teams in the league can take turns blowing each other out.

Louis
06-13-2016, 11:05 PM
no duh. the finals are rigged i'll take that to my grave. no way the two best teams in the league can take turns blowing each other out.

We discussed that a bit above. I think it's fishy, but mark it up to inconsistent play. I think some nights, for whatever reason, some teams don't try that hard.

pdmtong
06-14-2016, 12:49 AM
Wow. That's an awfully big selfie. :p

Hahaha. I wish I was 125#'s of explosive muscle.

Oddly, thought they lost, it was really great to be in the building. the energy, the pageantry, and hats of to LBJ and KI for absolutely going off.

There were a lot of non-calls, but this is playoff basketball.

Every so often the "Free Draymond" chant would start up.

Maybe tomorrow it will be more like jeez, we spent all this money and got three tee shirts to show for it. Kidding. It was a once in a lifetime - win or lose. I never thought I would be seeing my team in the NBA Finals in person. Went with my wife and daughter and one of my best friends who I used to go with to see Larry and Earvin and Patrick and Dominque and Isiah and Charles and Hakeem and Michael and Karl and the Admiral you get the idea...but back then those seats in the corner 15 rows up were $25

cadence90
06-14-2016, 01:05 AM
.... ..

Climb01742
06-14-2016, 05:23 AM
Last night, the shots were dropping for 'hero ball'. LBJ and KI were who they are, one-on-one players, and it worked because they were unconscious shooting. Conversely, the GSW couldn't buy a bucket in the second half.

Question is, can that kind of shooting continue? Can two hero ballers, over time, beat a team?

Whether true or not, it's hard not to feel that the league got what they wanted, game 6, maybe game 7. Should be interesting to watch Draymond play on Thursday. I hope he brings equal parts passion and control. The Cavs will be trying to bait him, it's their only or at least best shot at winning.

Give me team ball in game 6. No game 7.

soulspinner
06-14-2016, 06:11 AM
GSW in 6.
Draymond MVP.

We need Draymond.

bobswire
06-14-2016, 08:13 AM
We need Draymond.

Yep, he changes the whole dynamic on both sides of the floor. One thing good about this is he'll get the recognition he deserves besides being thought of as a thug (as some see him).

Rada
06-14-2016, 08:17 AM

What makes you think just the finals are rigged? Do you really think the NBA was going to allow an OKC/Toronto finals. The NBA is just barley more credible than wrestling.

cadence90
06-14-2016, 05:02 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Should be interesting to watch Draymond play on Thursday. I hope he brings equal parts passion and control. The Cavs will be trying to bait him, it's their only or at least best shot at winning.

Cavs have beaten GSW with DG, and they've beaten them without him.

Obviously you'd rather have your 3rd most important player on the court, and you're a better team with him, but getting him out of the game or messing with his head is not the only way for the Cavs to win.

Climb01742
06-14-2016, 06:59 PM

Obviously you'd rather have your 3rd most important player on the court, and you're a better team with him, but getting him out of the game or messing with his head is not the only way for the Cavs to win.

In this year's two regular season games, Warriors won twice with Draymond. In play-offs, with Draymond they're 3-1. That's 5-1 this year. Without him, 0-1.

I'm not a mathematician, nor do I play one on TV, but isn't 5-1 noticeably better than 0-1?:beer:

DG appears to be pretty important.

Louis
06-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Without him, 0-1.

Small sample size. ;)

cadence90
06-14-2016, 07:15 PM
.... ..

bikinchris
06-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Green needs to leave other players' nuts alone. It was rather telling that he went for the King's nuts when he was angry.

As for the Cavalier's crowd: Don't tick off LeBron. You get a 40 point game if you do.

Irving scoring 40 is a big reason why the Cavs won. The bench for them has been horrible, too.

I still don't think that the Cavs can pull it off, but I think there is a CHANCE to see a game 7. The Cavs need to go AT Curry and Thompson and get them in foul trouble. Neither player is great on defense.

Fivethumbs
06-14-2016, 11:08 PM
Green needs to leave other players' nuts alone.

Do you think I can get this on a T-shirt?

cadence90
06-14-2016, 11:20 PM
.... ..

Climb01742
06-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Small sample size. ;)

True, but it's the sample that matters.:D

akelman
06-15-2016, 05:25 AM
You don't think so? I think Steph is better than average on D and Klay way above average.

Thompson is among the five or ten best two-way players in the league. Steph is good but not great on defense. He's been struggling in the playoffs, though, perhaps because of an injury he's not disclosing.

cadence90
06-15-2016, 05:36 AM
.... ..

bikingshearer
06-15-2016, 01:14 PM

No, but it's the way with the best chance of success.

chiasticon
06-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Bogut being out for game six is pretty huge. he's been a rebound/block machine when he's in. feel for the guy; when I saw him go down I had flashbacks to a similar injury I sustained skateboarding several years ago (was on crutches for three months) and immediately thought "yeah, he's done for the series."

no way KI/LBJ sustain their game five performances, so Cavs will have to find another route. and they obviously have less depth, so it'll be interesting if they can pull that off...

also, as far as the impact of Green... he clearly is impactful. still, GSW have both won and lost by 30 points in this series with him in. small sample size, but it's the important one. point being: it is possible to win with him in.

cadence90
06-15-2016, 08:52 PM
.... ..

jtakeda
06-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Bogut being out is big but not HUGE.

Here are my game 6 predictions.

GS wins by 8ish

Draymond goes for 20 points-15 rebounds-7 assists
Curry and Thompson Score 40
Livingston comes up with a quiet 15 points.
Iggy shoots lights out from 3
Harrison Barnes finally finds his groove and adds 20.

The HB factor confuses cleveland--they double curry and thompson and HB steps up.

Cleveland side-
Lebron goes CRAZY- 40+ points.
Kyrie adds 15-20 but is covered pretty well.
JR smith fouls out
Everyone else is normal
Tristan Thompson gets in foul trouble

cadence90
06-15-2016, 09:46 PM
.... ..

chiasticon
06-15-2016, 10:08 PM
lol. love all the stupid LeBron memes. nobody in Cleveland honestly expects them to pull it off, so you ain't hurtin their feelings. and it ain't like they haven't given him more sh*t than any opposing fans ever could. they held a public bonfire to burn his stuff, for chrissake!

cadence90
06-15-2016, 10:57 PM
.... ..

cadence90
06-16-2016, 03:01 PM
.... ..

jtakeda
06-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Alright. Almost game time.

If the dubs win tonight I might have to go out and buy me some of those ugly steph curry shoes to support.

Edit. Those shoes are too ugly. A custom Warriors hat that says "Golden State Warriors" in MS comic sans.

Climb01742
06-16-2016, 07:56 PM
It's surprising how many pundits are doubting Steph. I hope he shuts up their pie holes. While he hasn't had a great series, the past two years haven't been a fluke. Dude can ball.

Ken Robb
06-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Quote from "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid" : "Who Are these guys?????"

That's what I'm wondering watching this game.:D

cadence90
06-16-2016, 08:53 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-16-2016, 09:33 PM
GSW better ramp it up at both ends if they want this to be interesting.

cadence90
06-16-2016, 09:55 PM
.... ..

bikinchris
06-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Game 7

jtakeda
06-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Game 7...

Can't help but think the refs definitely helped make this cavs win possible.

Rada
06-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Jeez, who's crying now.

Louis
06-16-2016, 11:41 PM
I know there's that statistic about a record number of blowouts this year, but to take that further, it would be interesting to compare the fluctuation in players' and teams' performances from game to game this post season (i.e. good one game, bad the next) compared to the past.

I'm not saying that the games are fixed or the players crooked, but their performances sure are uneven. Make of it what you will.

cadence90
06-16-2016, 11:54 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-17-2016, 12:27 AM
Jeez, who's crying now.

According to the guys on ESPN radio Steph Curry's wife Tweeted some pretty inflammatory stuff about the officiating and how the games were rigged. I wonder if she'll still think that they're rigged after GSW wins Game 7? Or are they only fixed when GSW loses?

joosttx
06-17-2016, 12:37 AM
It would be interesting to see that.

It is strange that with 2 chances to win the title GSW completely shat the bed both times. Of course, CLE had a lot to do with it, but the lethargy displayed by GSW really surprises me.

This game more than the last. Cleveland defense was very good.

joosttx
06-17-2016, 12:39 AM
According to the guys on ESPN radio Steph Curry's wife Tweeted some pretty inflammatory stuff about the officiating and how the games were rigged. I wonder if she'll still think that they're rigged after GSW wins Game 7? Or are they only fixed when GSW loses?

I think you can a lot of people think that it goes both ways. I doubt steph wife does. I felt two of his fouls were no calls and one was a foul on Lebron. But the officating really sucks on both ends.

pdmtong
06-17-2016, 12:44 AM
This game more than the last. Cleveland defense was very good.

I have an opportunity to buy tickets for game 7 but given my 3x investment in the game 5 debacle and the current trend, that money seems better spent on some zoot wheels.

I'm not being a pessimistic fan. Rather, at this point the money spent on wheels yields wheels with 100% certainty; whereas the money spent on tickets does not assuredly yield a win.

of course I think they can make it happen, and G7 will be oh so sweet. but the bag o'money in our household sadly is not infinite...

did I mention I will be leveraging fathers day to do some single tracking with wife and 16yo daughter? looks like FD dinner will be pizza and pliny and G7!

cadence90
06-17-2016, 01:06 AM
.... ..

joosttx
06-17-2016, 01:23 AM
I know there's that statistic about a record number of blowouts this year, but to take that further, it would be interesting to compare the fluctuation in players' and teams' performances from game to game this post season (i.e. good one game, bad the next) compared to the past.

I'm not saying that the games are fixed or the players crooked, but their performances sure are uneven. Make of it what you will.

One of the theories to why there are these blowouts is the increase use of 3 pointers and the psychological of the 3pt shooting. Simply put you live by the three you die by the three. Obvisously 3 pt shots are hard to make. Tiny errors in form will make you miss a three point more than layup, duh right. So if the pressure gets to you then there will be tiny mental and physical erros in your form which will make you miss 3's. Plus momentum affects ones form too. If the team is missing in tense situations then the lack of momentum compounds the efrect on the individual and can spread throughout the team.

In short, pressure and momentum have a greater effect on three point shooting teams both positively and negetively. And since more teams rely on 3's this why you are seeing more blowouts.

cadence90
06-17-2016, 01:58 AM
.... ..

breakingaway89
06-17-2016, 02:14 AM
some more BANANAAAAASSS:banana::banana::banana::banana::bana na::banana:

soulspinner
06-17-2016, 05:08 AM
I have an opportunity to buy tickets for game 7 but given my 3x investment in the game 5 debacle and the current trend, that money seems better spent on some zoot wheels.

I'm not being a pessimistic fan. Rather, at this point the money spent on wheels yields wheels with 100% certainty; whereas the money spent on tickets does not assuredly yield a win.

of course I think they can make it happen, and G7 will be oh so sweet. but the bag o'money in our household sadly is not infinite...

did I mention I will be leveraging fathers day to do some single tracking with wife and 16yo daughter? looks like FD dinner will be pizza and pliny and G7!

Killer dads day. Going on a ride with my daughter Sunday for the first time in years.:beer:

soulspinner
06-17-2016, 05:10 AM
Thing is should Golden State lose they will have blown the opportunity to be called the greatest. I see them once again coming from behind and winning the title.

Climb01742
06-17-2016, 06:10 AM
Game 7...

Can't help but think the refs definitely helped make this cavs win possible.

As Kerr said, Cavs outplayed CSW and Warriors shooting, as a team, was way off but...

No fan wants the refs to be as big a part of the game as they've been. Even more, at least call the game evenly. Cavs absolutely mug Warriors, Curry especially, as they cut thru the lane, yet no calls, while they call phantom fouls on Steph?? The last two fouls on Steff were bogus beyond belief.

It_probably_is too far to say the league wants a long series, but they certainly seem to be calling the games in such a way to favor Cavs style of play. If they called the Cavs as tightly, very different series.

But again, while refs hurt the Warriors, the Warriors hurt themselves more.

Side note: why do people hate LBJ? See his face after he blocked Steph's shot late in game? Wow, 6'9" guy blocks 6'2" guy's shot. Who's ever seen that??? What a d**k.

Big Dan
06-17-2016, 06:56 AM
Rigged.
WWE.
Fantasy world.

chiasticon
06-17-2016, 07:08 AM
Thing is should Golden State lose they will have blown the opportunity to be called the greatest. I see them once again coming from behind and winning the title.come from behind? they've been ahead until now; they're tied and are for sure still the favorites to win.

Side note: why do people hate LBJ? See his face after he blocked Steph's shot late in game? Wow, 6'9" guy blocks 6'2" guy's shot. Who's ever seen that??? What a d**k.eh, if that'd been Green (and I could see him doing it), you'd be loving it, just like Cav's fans were.

it's funny, because I was discussing with the wife during the game the difference between NHL and NBA players (we watch way more hockey). NBA they're boastful and chest-thumping and will call their teammates out ("I'm the greatest player in the world." "we would've won last night if I'd played." etc...). you'd NEVER hear an NHL player do that. anyway, that's how I saw LBJ's move there: typical NBA player machismo.

chiasticon
06-17-2016, 07:12 AM
According to the guys on ESPN radio Steph Curry's wife Tweeted some pretty inflammatory stuff about the officiating and how the games were rigged.yeah she did. she also accused police of racially profiling her father. which is like "uhhh...have you ever been to downtown Cleveland?" :confused:

jr59
06-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Rigged.
WWE.
Fantasy world.

REALLY?

How many people have to be involved in such a thing? The players, who make HUGE money? The league? Who?

There is way to much future money to be made in upcoming seasons for the risk. Who would make that gamble for millions, when many billions would be at risk.

To many people would have to remain silent! The first one that didn't get treated well, either now or in the future would write a fell all book.

Even shaving points for a player would be a huge gamble. The guys who are playing are making or will soon make big money. Ten million plus!

The refs you say? Why, to what end? Vegas would spot a fix. Unless you think that they are already in the bookies pocket.

Not in a million years. To many very possible leaks, with billions to lose.

enr1co
06-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Side note: why do people hate LBJ? See his face after he blocked Steph's shot late in game? Wow, 6'9" guy blocks 6'2" guy's shot. Who's ever seen that??? What a d**k.

What little respect I had for LBJ, went away right there. Gifted player but total d**k. If that was Draymond doing that blatant taunt, refs would have slapped on a technical in a blink.

Rada
06-17-2016, 08:52 AM
The league gets their money from TV deals. No TV money nobody gets rich.

Climb01742
06-17-2016, 10:35 AM
If that was Draymond doing that blatant taunt, refs would have slapped on a technical in a blink.

Funny, I thought the same thing. Had it been_anybody_but LBJ (not just Draymond, but yeah, DG would have been nailed in a millisecond) they'd have been T'd up and raked over the coals for poor sportsmanship. It's one thing to be demonstrative toward the crowd or team mates, but to taunt an opponent so specifically and blatantly, and not get T'd, is lame.

jtakeda
06-17-2016, 10:43 AM
I don't think the playoffs are rigged but I definitely see some inconsistency in the way the game was officiated.

I can understand if they're gonna let the guys play physical but don't call ticky tack fouls on the most impactful player on a team. It seemed lopsided to let Kylie and James grab onto klay Thompson and call 2-3 bs fouls on curry.

Spdntrxi
06-17-2016, 10:56 AM
It's surprising how many pundits are doubting Steph. I hope he shuts up their pie holes. While he hasn't had a great series, the past two years haven't been a fluke. Dude can ball.

I don't mind steph mouthing off.. I think he got ejected for hitting a fan with his mouthpiece.

His wife on the other hand needs to STFU..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwsaunders
06-17-2016, 11:01 AM
REALLY?

How many people have to be involved in such a thing? The players, who make HUGE money? The league? Who?

There is way to much future money to be made in upcoming seasons for the risk. Who would make that gamble for millions, when many billions would be at risk.

To many people would have to remain silent! The first one that didn't get treated well, either now or in the future would write a fell all book.

Even shaving points for a player would be a huge gamble. The guys who are playing are making or will soon make big money. Ten million plus!

The refs you say? Why, to what end? Vegas would spot a fix. Unless you think that they are already in the bookies pocket.

Not in a million years. To many very possible leaks, with billions to lose.

It's not like it never happened...remember Tim Donaghy?

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-sports-guru/2011/06/tim-donaghy-details-how-nba-officials-league-allegedly-fix-games-exclusive-interview-part-3/

Rada
06-17-2016, 11:12 AM
I don't mind steph mouthing off.. I think he got ejected for hitting a fan with his mouthpiece.

His wife on the other hand needs to STFU..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A reporter asked Kerr after the game if he was worried that Currie might get suspended for the next game since there is playoff precedent for this.