PDA

View Full Version : Tire OEM in Thailand

Team Murray
05-23-2016, 09:27 PM
It seems like many high end tire brands have their tires made in Thailand. I know that Vittoria owns Lion Tyres in Bangkok. Are they the only high end manufacturer?

When I looked at Lion's FB page, among the numerous employee selfies, someone posted a production schedule. It showed that they make for Vredstein.

Specialized S-Works is made in Thailand. Their thread counts are the same as Vittoria's thread counts. Are they made in the Lion factory?

oldpotatoe
05-24-2016, 05:49 AM
It seems like many high end tire brands have their tires made in Thailand. I know that Vittoria owns Lion Tyres in Bangkok. Are they the only high end manufacturer?

When I looked at Lion's FB page, among the numerous employee selfies, someone posted a production schedule. It showed that they make for Vredstein.

Specialized S-Works is made in Thailand. Their thread counts are the same as Vittoria's thread counts. Are they made in the Lion factory?

The 'Vittoria' factory in Thailand make many brands. Just about any tire you see 'made in Thailand', is made there. Very modern, very state of the art. A lot like "Giant Bike Company"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Bicycles