PDA

View Full Version : fork upgrade?

SRW
06-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I am riding a CSI with a F1 fork. It has been suggested to me that maybe I should change to a lighter full carbon fork such as an ouzo pro. What do you all think, worth the change to have a bit lighter bike?

Ahneida Ride
06-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Keep the F1. Best fork ever built.

Fat Robert
06-25-2006, 12:58 PM
when the F1 starts to go, years from now, replace it with a steel fork from curt goodrich.

heck

replace it now with a steel fork from curt goodrich

Big Dan
06-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Personally I don't like the balance of the steel Serotta's with a really lightweight
carbon fork upfront. The F1 is probably fine. Done that and I'm back.
A nice steel fork brings back the balance..... :p

Fixed
06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
bro a steel lugged bike needs it's other part..... a steel fork to get that nice spring feel out of it . i.m.h.o.
cheers

Sandy
06-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Keep the F1 fork. I have 2 bikes- Ottrott with F2 fork and CSi with F1 fork. Hard to compare the 2 with different frame materials, wheels, size.,..., But I found the F1 fork to be wonderful and I would never replace it unless necessary.

I know that a lot of knowledgeable cyclists believe a steel bike deserves a steel fork. A carbon fork works great, at least the F1 does. I found the F1 fork to give a firm but comfortable ride, with great road feel. It always felt adhered to the ground. I like it better than the F2 fork, at least in the forks applications on 2 Serottas.

The only negative is the weight, but so what? The weight of a fork, compared to bike, rider, water,..., weight, is really almost meaningless, at least in my opinion.

Keep the F1. It is a keeper. Only wished that Kevan wasn't!! :)

Sandy

vaxn8r
06-25-2006, 05:19 PM
The F1 fork is dated ATMO. That technology has moved on...like Record 8 speed, Trispokes, SPD's, Spinergies.