PDA

View Full Version : Other places to sell crap I dont need.

Cicli
05-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Where are good places to sell stuff?
I hate fleabay with a passion. Craigslist stinks too. This place works good for bike stuff but I have other crap I need to unload. Tools and junk like that.
Anyone have anywhere else they sell?

R3awak3n
05-21-2016, 04:14 PM
across the hall. weight weenies (some stuff). Maybe a local bike forum? (NYC has one, maybe where you at does too).

but all of those mentioned above don't have the same track as here or as ebay.

I don't like craigslist but have sold hundreds of things on ebay without any problems, fees are high and yes some buyers suck but been great to me.

Anarchist
05-21-2016, 04:23 PM
The city where I live has a "community web site"

It is a commercial enterprise, sells advertising etc.

But it is most people's home page, current news and weather etc.

It is where most local businesses go to look for staff, to the extent that the local paper no longer has a help wanted section.

They have a classifieds section which is free, almost everything I have ever listed there is sold within a week.

Do you have anything similar? Local oriented?

Dead Man
05-21-2016, 04:30 PM
varagesale? Maybe it's just a local thing here in my neck of the woods.. but dayum, everything on that thing.

Facebook buy/sell/trades are pretty happening, around here... check to see if you have many in your area

R3awak3n
05-21-2016, 05:23 PM
also google groups, depending on what you are selling.

berserk87
05-21-2016, 06:42 PM
Facebook has a group called "online swap meet" that is pretty active. I don't have a Facebook account but I have friends that use it.

It's no longer called "flea-bay". It has evolved and been shortened to simply "The Flea".

mjf
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Facebook has a group called "online swap meet" that is pretty active. I don't have a Facebook account but I have friends that use it.

Definitely one of the largest ones that is out there.

I've been trying to find another forum, but the community that exists in that facebook group is immense compared to anything else that is out there.