PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Tour of California, in person?

velotrack
05-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Thinking about one of the days this weekend to drive up and watch. Any recommendations for the Santa Rosa or Sacramento races, from anyone that's done this before?

:beer:

pdmtong
05-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Thinking about one of the days this weekend to drive up and watch. Any recommendations for the Santa Rosa or Sacramento races, from anyone that's done this before? :beer:

Assuming you are wanting to see the final 3 lap crit...

Santa Rosa.
(+)
one section is narrow enough you could run back and forth and effectively see them 6x
you can pick up a case of Pliny at RRB
(-) traffic back sucks

Sacramento
(+)
the speeds will be higher
this is the last stage so no one is saving energy
you can see the 20 lap women's race (marianna vos + top usa pro's)
more space so unless you want to be on the first or last straight/corner, you can get a nice spot and hang out.
(-) traffic back sucks

I've been to both to see the finish and would go to Sacramento; in fact, I just might for the reasons above. Either place, if you want to be on the curb, yuou need to stake out a spot and sit there. so bring a stool/chair

protorio
05-19-2016, 05:30 PM
San Diego was a blast on the Laurel St. climb early on during Stage 1. The race goes by fast, but find a place with some beer and merrymaking and its a lot of fun.

velotrack
05-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys, didn't notice the TOC thread already going on. I'll likely be at Sacramento... :)

phoenix
05-19-2016, 11:22 PM
I’ll likely be riding up to Folsom tomorrow and be somewhere in Downtown Sacramento on Sunday!