PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you tried Catella, the clothing sponsor above?

bshell
05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
They were mentioned in another thread but I don't think anybody commented on experiences.

I just looked at their site and it looks like it could be good stuff. (Site could use some editing here and there but otherwise good.)

Who is riding it? Comfy? Longevity? Feel of the 'welded seam' jerseys?

Thanks!

purpurite
05-17-2016, 11:38 PM
I have a jersey and I love it. If I could afford to, I would own nothing but Catella kit.

The welded seam stuff is the real deal.

donevwil
05-17-2016, 11:42 PM
I've heard nothing but positives in every respect, I just wish they made something in my size.

SeanScott
05-17-2016, 11:45 PM
I went to design school (Pasadena art center)with the founder of the company.
His first job out of school was designing racing leathers for Alpinestars.
When we did projects together he was meticulous about details and this shows in his kits.
I have purchased a kit as well as some of the casual cycling clothing.
The quality is very good as well as the feel of everything. I also love that I am supporting a company that isn't just mass producing a bunch of goods. The time and effort really shows in his products.
I can't speak highly enough about the integrity of the company. They actually do care about the people they are selling to.

jlwdm
05-17-2016, 11:54 PM
They need to proof read the website. I did not find the site easy to use on my iPad either. Too many partial photos of pieces of clothing - hard to see what pieces really look like.

Also difficult to tell what the jerseys are really made of.

I think the clothing might be great though. Need to elevate the website to the quality of the clothing.

Jeff

bshell
05-18-2016, 02:35 AM
All this talk about kits has me thinking there are some items in my closet that are long overdue for retirement.

ajhapps
05-18-2016, 04:08 AM
I have some of the commuter pants and they are really high quality. Nice fit, great materials and craftsmanship. I'd definitely buy more of their goods.

AngryScientist
05-18-2016, 06:20 AM
I'm a big fan. I've now got a full kit and a separate jersey and cap, and the polo shirt. Very happy with all of the kit. Wore the new jersey a few days ago and the "cold black" really does work, nice cool jersey.

i have no affiliation with the company at all, other than the fact that they popped up as sponsors here, and i can say that the few interactions i had with them buying stuff, they were great to work with, and appear to be a small company that is doing it right.

one thing to note is that, IMO, the fit of the kit is PRO. most of you know i'm a short dude, and i'm sitting at exactly 134.5# right now, and a medium jersey is really what i would consider euro race cut, so bear that in mind when ordering.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-913BXBxFAvI/Vj5k65nU39I/AAAAAAAACSM/mzu83-fBTz0/s900/IMG_1220.JPG

etu
05-18-2016, 07:53 AM
commuter pants are very nice. bought one pair and then another. hoping they offer some in different colors.
will try their bibshorts next.

purpurite
05-18-2016, 08:33 AM
the fit of the kit is PRO. most of you know i'm a short dude, and i'm sitting at exactly 134.5# right now, and a medium jersey is really what i would consider euro race cut, so bear that in mind when ordering.

Yup, very race fit. I would tend to like things a touch longer in the torso and arms, but that's just me.

thermalattorney
05-18-2016, 11:54 AM
I've got a couple of the Vista Polos. At 6'2 165lbs I went with Large and found them to be the perfect length (long) and a *tad* on the wide side around the waist. Love the extra length and the tight sleeves. They've held up well despite using my local wash 'n fold service.

Catella
05-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. To be honest, sometimes it's not until 1am, after a long day when I get a moment to post. But love creating product that is completely worthwhile.

Not sure if you are on our mailing list but I've added a sale code that I would like to share with the Paceline community, "baldy20." It's a 20% discount code, named after our newest products, The Baldy Jersey and Bibs. Sale ends on the 22nd of this month.

The Baldy Kit gives back 3% to childhood cancer research at St Jude's, which is a non-denominational research hospital. I have personally supported this charity for the last 10 years. I thought it would be good for us as a small company to give back a bit.

If you've never heard of Mt. San Antonio, or "Mt.Baldy," it's the highest peak in the San Gabriel Mountain Range and visible from any point in the Los Angeles basin. An arduous 10k ft climb which many consider the Alpe d'Huez of Southern California, we believe it's the perfect name for a yellow jersey which honors the hardship families endure and overcome when fighting cancer. I can personally attest to this and I am sure many of you can as well. 3% may not garner huge headlines, but we know every dollar counts.

As for the sizing of our jerseys and bibs, the cut is purely race fit. Our fabrics have lots of elasticity which gives them a sort of metallic glint. They work best when they are worn close to the body. The transpiration of sweat is increased and heat is better exchanged. You don't sweat out: you use the sweat to transport heat. Also, chafing is greatly decreased contributing to greater comfort and performance.

justaute
05-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Hey guys thanks for the compliments. To be honest sometimes its 1am after a long day that I get to post. But love creating product that is completely worthwhile.

Not sure if you are on our mailing list but crated a sale code that I will like to extend out to the Paceline forum. "baldy20" Its a 20% discount code and named after our newest kit. The Baldy Kit. Sale ends on the 22nd of this month.

The Baldy kit gives back 3% to childhood cancer research. ST Jude is a non denominational research hospital. I have personally supported this charity for the last 10 years. I thought it would be good for us as small company to give back a bit.

If you never heard of Mt. San Antonio or "Mt.Baldy" its a nice 10k ft climb to the peak. Its visible anywhere in Los Angeles. Because of its intence altitude and dificulty to ascend, we thought it was a perfect name for the yellow jersey and synonymous of the hardship families endure and overcome when dealing with Cancer. I can personally attest to this and I am sure many of you can as well. So thats 3%, and every bit counts.

Our fit is purely race fit. Our fabrics are have lots of give and stretch which gives them a sort of metallic glint. They work best when they are worn close to the body. The transpiration of sweat is increased and heat is better exchanged. You don't sweat out you use the sweat to transport heat. Chafing is greatly decreased and you do get better performance on the bike.

I appreciate all your feedback and comments greatly. Will post additional images here soon.
thanks!

CAT...I thought I would ask about sizing/fit here, so maybe others can use the same information.

I'm interested in picking up a polo and a Harlan, but can't decide whether I should order an XL or 2XL. I'm 6'1 & 205 lbs, with an athletic, broad build (weightlifter). For example, I wear XL in a Panache jersey . Castelli's 2XL is too tight around shoulders/chest, but ok around the waist.

Based on measurement, I think XL should work. Thoughts? Thanks.

pasadena
05-18-2016, 10:14 PM
I have Catella kit and it's really high quality stuff. It does have a very expensive, almost slick sheen to it. Feels really aero. The fabric doesn't really flap around.
The bibs feel like they are really durable and will outlast typical lycra.
The center of the bibs are a matte black while the thighs are that more shiny black. I don't know if "shiny" is the right word...
I don't think they will turn see-through like lycra (old bibs make me vomit just a little bit)

It also feels better, the more I wear it. So it kind of 'breaks in' for me anyway.
Also, their customer service is stellar. I'll just say they are just a class act.

Sizing is tricky for me as i'm often in between sizes. But I tend to think they are in line with Castelli Aero Race or Rapha pro team sizing.
But, I also really love Castelli race fit to give you an idea of where i'm coming from with sizing.

The quality and durability is better than both of those, I hazard to guess.
Just the fact you won't look like everyone else, and it's excellent. That makes it worthwhile to try.

I really like the cut of the GMR and Montrose jerseys. I think that may be my next. Also, all their clothes are named after local rides here so that's pretty awesome :)

vqdriver
05-18-2016, 11:34 PM
No clothes in my size otherwise I'd have tried a kit by now. They're SUPER local to me so thats kind of a bummer. Ill check back in 20 pounds.

Product def looks great tho and would love to try out the seamless thing. One note, naming the colors gmr, montrose, etc is fine, but i couldnt tell which name is which color. At least not on my phones browser.

Catella
05-19-2016, 10:59 AM
CAT...I thought I would ask about sizing/fit here, so maybe others can use the same information.

I'm interested in picking up a polo and a Harlan, but can't decide whether I should order an XL or 2XL. I'm 6'1 & 205 lbs, with an athletic, broad build (weightlifter). For example, I wear XL in a Panache jersey . Castelli's 2XL is too tight around shoulders/chest, but ok around the waist.

Based on measurement, I think XL should work. Thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks for the message. Our sizing is definitely "racecut". It will always fit close to skin. I would go a size larger. xxl

There is wider range of sizing on our website.

Also the polos and the trousers are true to size. We carry an XL polo that may work for you.

www.catella.cc or email me info@catella.cc

thanks!

Catella
05-19-2016, 11:01 AM
No clothes in my size otherwise I'd have tried a kit by now. They're SUPER local to me so thats kind of a bummer. Ill check back in 20 pounds.

Product def looks great tho and would love to try out the seamless thing. One note, naming the colors gmr, montrose, etc is fine, but i couldnt tell which name is which color. At least not on my phones browser.

GMR=blue jersey
Montrose=gray jersey
Baldy=yellow jersey

Please check our website for additional sizing. Cycle de pro bike shop in sierra madre carries limited sizing options. www.catella.cc or info@catella.net
Thanks for the comments on website I will update it to make it easier to read on phones.
Thanks

kitsnob
05-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Literally just ordered the GMR kit (used the discount code ... THANKS CAT!)

I'm normally a Medium in ASSOS and Sorrenson BUT in Q36.5 BIBS, I need a LARGE (I'm 5'10' 162/163 w/ a 40" chest and 33" waist) - according to the site, I'd be a Medium Jersey and large Bibs ... Based on the comments and actually seeing/touching the product at Cycle De Pro, I decided to upsize on the jersey - I ended up doing a LARGE kit ...
We'll see how it fits and I will report back once it arrives.

justaute
05-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the message. Our sizing is definitely "racecut". It will always fit close to skin. I would go a size larger. xxl

There is wider range of sizing on our website.

Also the polos and the trousers are true to size. We carry an XL polo that may work for you.

www.catella.cc or email me info@catella.cc

thanks!

Perfect. Order placed and thanks for the TPL code. Hope 2XL fits and won't have too much material around the waist. That's often the problem when I upsize. I actually prefer the almost-race-fit, which is how all my jerseys fit.

Catella
05-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Getting some love on Road Bike Action Magazine. Centric-Catella race team.

Tylor is wearing a Size large mostly because of his height. he's 6'1"