PDA

View Full Version : Shimano C24 repair questions

duck
05-14-2016, 08:39 PM
I recently toasted a pair in a crash. Both front and rear rims aren't cracked but are out of true beyond reasonable repair. Does anyone have experience with Shimano's repair service and the relative cost? Should I just cut my loss?

sailorboy
05-14-2016, 10:17 PM
I recently went through inquiring about this after several forum friends said they thought it would be totally possible to source a rim and rebuild at my LBS...not so much. A couple shops including a pretty high-end one in the DC area said that it would be near impossible for them to source an OEM rim for this wheelset. Shimano is also re-designing the c24s this year afaik, so the first 9000 series rim will get even more scarce.

I ended up ordering a stans 20-hole rim (rear) and the shop is in the process of re-building using the same hub which is still in great shape.

nate2351
05-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Shimano changes these wheels so often and they have so many wheel options it gets really hard to replace rims and spokes after a few years. they simply stop stocking parts. Its a shame though, the DA stuff is really nice.