PDA

View Full Version : In Cold Blood...

catulle
06-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Jeeez, I've spent like an hour or more trying to get in Amazon a copy of In Cold Blood for my daughter, and after a great deal of looking around I finally got a used one in hardback. What's the world coming to...?! The empire must be crumbling already. If a righteous man such as yours truly cain't find the gory cornerstone of American civilization in Amazon, then we got reason to be concerned. Forget global warming, something much worse must be about to happen, atmo. And I ain't even got myself the damn book from the funny fellow in the picture because I saw the other picture, the one with Baretta, so what's the use of buying the book. Besides, the one I love is Dreiser, atmo.

PS- The book appears in the Amazon site, except that when ordered, soon after I get an e-mail telling me that it is no longer in stock. This for the smart-alecks that will try to find it in Amazon just to prove me wrong (tsk, tsk...)

zeroking17
06-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Try www.abebooks.com

SoCalSteve
06-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Try: www.half.com

Its owned by ebay (its there media divison).

Good luck!

Steve

Bradford
06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
If Powells doesn't have it, then start to worry.

http://www.powells.com/

gasman
06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
It became more difficult to obtain only because of the movie " Capote ". I did find the movie an interesting biop of a strange man. I actually found myself more interested in Harper Lee after watching the movie. She sort of disappeared after writing "To Kill a Mockingbird"- a great read.

People became interested in the story behind the movie. I find I have little desire to read about a gruesome, senseless killing.

obtuse
06-23-2006, 07:30 PM
she's in connecticut right? have her go to the library, it'll save you some cash. or if its a gift pm me and i'll mail her a copy and even write a nice card in panamanian or something and forge your signature.....it'll be homerun all around yo.

obtuse

catulle
06-24-2006, 02:14 AM
she's in connecticut right? have her go to the library, it'll save you some cash. or if its a gift pm me and i'll mail her a copy and even write a nice card in panamanian or something and forge your signature.....it'll be homerun all around yo.obtuse

You're neither a jerk, nor obtuse. However, you must have ADD. Smart people very often are ADD basket cases. Go back and read my post. I did get an old hardcover edition. I'll take a rain check this time. I'll hit on you when she needs an obscure work from Adorno. Or maybe when she needs to take a step up on her already pretty decent writing skills. BTW, she already thinks Marcuse is pretty groovy... She better, atmo. Thank you, bro.

XOXOXO

obtuse
06-24-2006, 07:54 AM
You're neither a jerk, nor obtuse. However, you must have ADD. Smart people very often are ADD basket cases. Go back and read my post. I did get an old hardcover edition. I'll take a rain check this time. I'll hit on you when she needs an obscure work from Adorno. Or maybe when she needs to take a step up on her already pretty decent writing skills. BTW, she already thinks Marcuse is pretty groovy... She better, atmo. Thank you, bro.

XOXOXO

mental illness often masquerades as intelligence....but if the anarchists are so smart how can property be theft in a time when thievery is the only honest profession? huh?

obtuse

JohnS
06-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Barnes and Noble has it. I've almost always found them to have a better selection than Amazon.

djg
06-24-2006, 08:09 AM
About 4 seconds:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-2159296-2749645

Another Powell's worth a visit is in Chicago:

http://www.powellschicago.com/

catulle
06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
mental illness often masquerades as intelligence....but if the anarchists are so smart how can property be theft in a time when thievery is the only honest profession? huh? obtuse

Ehem, the word theft in the context used is obsolete. Also, your question is, oh, soooo petit bourgeois...! There is no theft when there is no private property, atmo. For instance, in the perfectly unlikely case that you could persuade Scarlett to your berth, that would not be theft because Scarlett is not my private property, atmo.

Catulle
Secretary Genaral
Partido del Orgasmo Feroz (POF)

obtuse
06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Ehem, the word theft in the context used is obsolete. Also, your question is, oh, soooo petit bourgeois...! There is no theft when there is no private property, atmo. For instance, in the perfectly unlikely case that you could persuade Scarlett to your berth, that would not be theft because Scarlett is not my private property, atmo.

Catulle
Secretary Genaral
Partido del Orgasmo Feroz (POF)

see- you humour my bougeois ignorance! of course i knew the answer; but trying to activate you anarchists in positive way towards revolution is like trying to put a saddle on a cow. you've got the right amount of legs, the heart's in the right place....but those horns (in a shakespearian sense) somehow make it all wrong.

obtuse
herdsman of the movement for the free and fair ejaculation of some oppressed place