PDA

View Full Version : Smith Optics nosepads keep falling off

kevinvc
05-11-2016, 02:04 PM
I bought a like new pair of Smith Optics Parallel Max sunglasses from a forumite a while back. After a few weeks of use, one of the rubber nosepads came off. I emailed Smith and they sent me a replacement set. I cleaned off the residue from the glasses and used Elmers superglue to attach the replacement.

A couple of months later it fell off again. I again cleaned off the frame and the pad and used Gorilla Glue. Last week both it and the other original pad fell off. I don't understand what the deal is. I take care of my stuff and the glasses are either on my face or in their case. I've never had this problem with other glasses. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is my sweat just super corrosive or something?

Any advice?

http://i.imgur.com/2IOIRYt.jpg

MagicHour
05-11-2016, 02:54 PM
I've owned 2 pairs of Smiths years ago and used to have issues with the rubber pads melting and lens coatings delaminating, from sweat presumably. Wear Tifosi's now and have't had any of those issues, but I do make sure to rinse off glasses after any hot rides.

dustyrider
05-11-2016, 06:34 PM
I'd get Smith on the phone and see what they think. They've always been very responsive to consumer issues in my experience. Good luck!

regularguy412
05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I'd get Smith on the phone and see what they think. They've always been very responsive to consumer issues in my experience. Good luck!

+1 here on this ^^

IMHO, one of the BEST at customer service and responsiveness.

Mike in AR:beer:

kevinvc
05-12-2016, 10:35 AM
I emailed Smith about this and received a very prompt reply. I'm mailing in the glasses and they'll decide if it's covered by the warranty. The on-line warranty form that you fill out has a drop down to specify the type of problem with their product and one of the options is nosepads. I assume it's not an altogether uncommon occurrence.

It's kind of a pain since they're my main riding glasses, but hopefully there will be a good resolution at the end.