PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Seatpost Sizing

coolplanetbikes
05-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Hi All,
I've got a Serotta here with an odd size seat tube. It would appear to take a 31.6 but it won't fit in there - seems to want a 30mm post or so. The collar clamp has an internal diameter of 34.9mm. I'm trying to figure out if a prior owner bent the tube trying to clamp down on a too small post or if there was some other in between size I should be looking for.

Other than 27.2mm, does anyone know what other size seatposts Serottas sometimes take? Was the 34.9mm collar clamp made for frames with 31.6mm posts?

Thanks in advance.

EDS
05-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Hi All,
I've got a Serotta here with an odd size seat tube. It would appear to take a 31.6 but it won't fit in there - seems to want a 30mm post or so. The collar clamp has an internal diameter of 34.9mm. I'm trying to figure out if a prior owner bent the tube trying to clamp down on a too small post or if there was some other in between size I should be looking for.

Other than 27.2mm, does anyone know what other size seatposts Serottas sometimes take? Was the 34.9mm collar clamp made for frames with 31.6mm posts?

Thanks in advance.

My Serotta requires a 30.9mm seat post.

tv_vt
05-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Yeah, my Fierte IT takes a 30.9. Came with a shim to reduce it to 27.2mm, but I took it out and got a Fizik Cyrano that fit.

coolplanetbikes
05-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys, that must be it. That's what it measures exactly. Glad to know that the frame isn't damaged.