PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Bein Sport/Fubo coverage of Giro

Tommasini53
05-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Has anyone tried this service? I'm curious if it is live coverage only or if it allows viewing replays. The price looks great, but I need the replay option to view in the evenings. Last year I generally found videos posted on youtube. I'm glad the coverage options are improving. :beer:

http://www.steephill.tv/2016/giro-d-italia/usa-live-video-note.html

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/giro-ditalia/steephill.html?promo=starter&priceline=Only%20$6.99%20per%20month

cadence90
05-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Discussed.

No replays on beIN, just an evening 1/2 highlight show.
Haven't tried the Fubo thing.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=186374&page=2

campy man
05-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Between BEin Sports & NBC Sports via U-Verse all my are futbol & cycling needs are satisfied.

Also, I believe there is an Italian station via U-Verse that offers daily coverage of the Giro.

With DVR it's a lot more efficient to watch the action.

livingminimal
05-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Ive had BeIN for years, its great.

For replays, Steephill.tv will usually post the last 20 or 30 minute of the race.

It's a grand tour, no need for much else.

oldpotatoe
05-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Ive had BeIN for years, its great.

For replays, Steephill.tv will usually post the last 20 or 30 minute of the race.

It's a grand tour, no need for much else.

So far so good, EuroSport, a Brit and Sean Kelly. Found via steep hill tv-Giro

cmg
05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
no stage 2 except 30 minute summary, stage 3 isn't listed, so maybe 30 minute summary again tonight at 10pm, crappy. paid for cycling instead they concentrate on soccer. eurosport did the entire 2hr + on youtube in HD 4-9 listed so i might get some coverage.

rrudoff
05-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Stage 3 was on live on BEIN channel 7 on line this AM. Though tricky to find based on their TV guide, and their player does not work with Chrome. Their online web presence is buggy, but eventually I can usually get it to work.

no stage 2 except 30 minute summary, stage 3 isn't listed, so maybe 30 minute summary again tonight at 10pm, crappy. paid for cycling instead they concentrate on soccer. eurosport did the entire 2hr + on youtube in HD 4-9 listed so i might get some coverage.

kramnnim
05-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Stage 2 was live on the main BeIN TV channel.

ptourkin
05-08-2016, 03:00 PM
So far so good, EuroSport, a Brit and Sean Kelly. Found via steep hill tv-Giro

Rob Hatch. He's way more "just the facts" than Carlton Kirby but he gets the job done. I hope CK is back for the TdF. He keeps me awake.

rePhil
05-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Bein broadcasts live during the week and updates late on weekends. I watched todays stage on Steephill.

kramnnim
05-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Eurosport Player subscription has been working well for me. (requires a country shifting VPN)

Kirby has been covering the 4 days of Dunkirk for some reason.

echappist
05-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Eurosport Player subscription has been working well for me. (requires a country shifting VPN)

Kirby has been covering the 4 days of Dunkirk for some reason.

this. and for best pricing and coverage, sign up using an Irish tunnel (6 eur as opposed to 6 pounds) and watch using a Dutch tunnel as the latter has VOD replay for one week after the race

adub
05-08-2016, 05:07 PM
try cycling.tv

ptourkin
05-08-2016, 05:10 PM
this. and for best pricing and coverage, sign up using an Irish tunnel (6 eur as opposed to 6 pounds) and watch using a Dutch tunnel as the latter has VOD replay for one week after the race

Ack. I didn't know this part. In pounds, mine came to $8.88 this month, so that was a loss of $2. However we do have the VOD through British. It is under the videos tab.

kramnnim
05-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I signed up using the Irish version of the site...paid in Euros but the web page is in English. Capital One credit cards don't charge international currency exchange fees.

If you change the VPN country around you get different feeds, not sure which one I should use to get the generic English one? It has fewer commercials than the British feed, and more random ramblings from Sean Kelly.

echappist
05-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I signed up using the Irish version of the site...paid in Euros but the web page is in English. Capital One credit cards don't charge international currency exchange fees.

If you change the VPN country around you get different feeds, not sure which one I should use to get the generic English one? It has fewer commercials than the British feed, and more random ramblings from Sean Kelly.

the Dutch site has both English and Dutch language videos on demand; often it will show the smaller races live as well. The Dutch site also get the VOD videos loaded a lot sooner compared to the British Eurosport site; not sure why...

In the good ole days, you could also get Bundesliga coverage through the Dutch site, but not anymore...

ptourkin
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
the Dutch site has both English and Dutch language videos on demand; often it will show the smaller races live as well. The Dutch site also get the VOD videos loaded a lot sooner compared to the British Eurosport site; not sure why...

In the good ole days, you could also get Bundesliga coverage through the Dutch site, but not anymore...

This was a great tip. I watched the last 20k today from the NL site. It was up right away and in English. Thanks. It takes forever for the Brit site to put them up.

ginsued
05-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Even on the weekends they have it on one of the different channels on their website.

Bein broadcasts live during the week and updates late on weekends. I watched todays stage on Steephill.

echappist
05-12-2016, 04:01 PM
This was a great tip. I watched the last 20k today from the NL site. It was up right away and in English. Thanks. It takes forever for the Brit site to put them up.

glad you got to take advantage of it. planning on watching the last 40k when i cook later on today

kramnnim
05-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Cool, thanks. Hopefully the app is the same way.

Elefantino
05-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Rob Hatch. He's way more "just the facts" than Carlton Kirby but he gets the job done. I hope CK is back for the TdF. He keeps me awake.
Carlton broke his collarbone in a late-season skiing accident recently. But he's coming to the Tour of California.

echappist
05-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Cool, thanks. Hopefully the app is the same way.

i assume the app you got was the android app? One of the few benefits of having android over iphone as the latter geo-blocks you from even downloading the app:crap:

dschlichting
05-12-2016, 07:24 PM
beIn is part of the package on our local cable system. Coverage during the week has been 3-4 hours similar to NBCSN coverage of TdF. Coming weekend looks only like a highlight show. Coverage here only published within the week, so a little hard to plan to DVR too far ahead.
Stumbled on beIN during the winter when Tour of Qatar was on and there's been a good selection of races to watch so far.

kramnnim
05-12-2016, 08:17 PM
i assume the app you got was the android app? One of the few benefits of having android over iphone as the latter geo-blocks you from even downloading the app:crap:

iOS app, I had to use a new iTunes store account and put in a fake UK address, and use the VPN to country shift.

You need a VPN to use the Android app, don't you?

echappist
05-12-2016, 11:08 PM
yes, you do need to turn on VPN for the android app, but you can then download the app freely from google play. I had it on a tablet last year, but the internet speed on the tablet was subpar so the feed was not very good.

if you get a chance, could you let me know where i can find a fake address to use for the British itune store?

wallymann
05-13-2016, 08:47 AM
for you cord-cutters, BeIn sports via slingTV is awesome -- resolution is waaaay better than the freebie websites you typically find on steephill/etc.

you can of course watch BeIn live, but then you have to deal with commercials.

instead you can watch later and stream the broadcast recordings @ your leisure, zoom thru any commercials and boring parts of each stage, etc, etc. you can also stream any program that was broadcast within the last 1-2 weeks to get caught up.

kramnnim
05-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Sling has on demand?! Is that available for all the channels they offer?

I just used a random London address for the iTunes account...the mailing address for a radio station I listen to. Anything should work, it isnt tied to my payment accounts...

wallymann
05-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Sling has on demand?! Is that available for all the channels they offer?

for BeIn, you can stream any program that's been on the schedule for the prior 1-2 weeks. so it's not 100% everything streaming, but 100% recent content streaming.

i think it depends on the channel and what they offer on sling.