PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Campy EPS Shifter (potential) Change

dpk501
05-05-2016, 12:07 AM
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/05/is-campagnolo-planning-to-do-away-with-its-thumb-button-for-electronic-shifters/

Veloo
05-05-2016, 01:23 AM
I'm a bit confused. Doesn't that locate the down shifting even further away compared to the current location of the thumb shifter?

Tickdoc
05-05-2016, 06:06 AM
I have no plans to switch shifting to anything electronic anytime soon, but I hope the button stays.....it's part of what separates us from the rest of the mammals.

FlashUNC
05-05-2016, 07:22 AM
I'm still of the opinion if you can't reach the thumb button, especially on EPS, in the drops, you haven't set your levers up properly.

ultraman6970
05-05-2016, 07:32 AM
This is true IMO.

Im not racing so is not that is critical for me to reach the lever in wierd positions over the bars, but either way, IMO they should just put 2 buttons in the handlebars, around the curve of the handlebar, two at each side, one up one down.

oldpotatoe
05-05-2016, 07:39 AM
This is true IMO.

Im not racing so is not that is critical for me to reach the lever in wierd positions over the bars, but either way, IMO they should just put 2 buttons in the handlebars, around the curve of the handlebar, two at each side, one up one down.

Been done but how do you shift while on the hoods?

Gummee
05-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Been done but how do you shift while on the hoods?

You stick your buttons just below the hoods where your fingers naturally go.

Least that's the way I did it on my Zap

The added benefit for us crit racer-types is the 'go faster' button was right under my index finger during sprint time. I could spin up a smaller gear, then start shifting to harder gears mid-sprint.

Muy bueno

M

thirdgenbird
05-05-2016, 08:37 AM
This setup would work nicely with their alternative shift setup. Finger levers for the rear derailleur and thumb (new buttons) for the front derailleur.