PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Seatpost Setback

Lucky
04-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Does ayone know what the setback is on the current Campy seatposts? I was unable to find it on the campy site.

zap
04-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Darn, I saw the specs on Monday at a LBS but can't quite remember exactly what it was. I think it was 25mm but don't quote me on that. I do know it's less than Easton's EC70.

Climb01742
04-02-2004, 10:03 AM
if memory serves, its pretty close to shimano's DA seatpost. and yes, way less than easton or the neat italian posts pegoretti uses.

BigMac
04-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Campy's standard setback dating back to their 1st 2-bolt clamp unit in the early 60's is 20mm, measured from centerline of pillar to centerline of clamp. I believe the current crop of single-bolt Campy seatposts have maintained this same standard, ask LBS to measure one to be sure. The current crop of the superb Ritchey Pro forged 2-bolt seatpin is 19mm, measured in same fashion, the single bolt forged Comp model and the glued-pinned WCS models also use identical setback. The Nitto Jaguar (aka Frog per Riv.) is claimed to be 1" (25.4mm) but I am not sure where this measurement comes from, mine measures 19mm c-c. The Salsa post is 16mm. I do not know what Easton nor any others offer as setback, I consider the Ritchey Pro to be the best post available in terms of strength, ease of adjustment, clamp security and certainly cost. The Nitto has the nicest finish and similarly exceptional 1-piece forged design but costs more than double that of the Ritchey Pro. I personally would not recommend any other post, including the Campy -- yes I do have a Record Ti post on one bike but the Nitto Jaguar (not Crystal Fellow) and Ritchey Pro (not WCS nor Comp) are far superior designs.

Ride on! :bike:

Kurt
04-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Does ayone know what the setback is on the current Campy seatposts? I was unable to find it on the campy site.

TimD
04-02-2004, 03:00 PM
The setback of the (broken) Campy Chorus Ti seatpost sitting here in my office as a conversation piece is about 28mm. I measured with a ruler from the approximate center of the post to the approximate center of the clamp bolt.

Hope that helps -
TimD