PDA

View Full Version : Big Ups: Highway Two! Kask Helmet love!

raygunner
04-30-2016, 05:16 PM
I really love my Kask helmet but when the affixing screw of the helmet became dislodged during a ride I was left with only a less than stellar replacement.

Desperate to have my Kask live another life I contacted Highway Two for a replacement part which I received but was unable to affix due to incompatibility.

Still desperate I mailed it off to them with a letter professing the love of my helmet and low & behold they fixed it up & returned it to me.

I'm totally grateful!! Big thanks!!!

CNY rider
04-30-2016, 05:35 PM
More Kask love to give.
I bought a Kask helmet with a face shield on it 2 years ago for winter commuting.
It's the best helmet ever. With the caveat that I can't wear it in temps above 50F because it isn't made for ventilation.
I wear it for cycling and skiing.
When I go back to my summer helmet each year I feel naked without the integrated face shield.

smontanaro
05-01-2016, 05:45 AM
What features make their helmets so much better than any others? (Well, besides being Italian.) Looking at the feature list for a random road helmet, I didn't see anything unusual.

berserk87
05-01-2016, 07:40 AM
I have a Kask Mojito. It is the most comfortable helmet I have ever owned. I like the retention system at the rear of the head. It is highly adjustable and feels like it cradles my melon quite nicely.

The tension dial is easy to turn and actually works (unlike some of the undersized tension dials on my Giro helmets which seem to alway be stuck in place).

The sweat pads at the front work about 10 times better than those on my Giro helmets, in keeping sweat from spritzing up my sunglasses. The vents offer cooling similar to my maximally-vented Giro Pneumo helmets.

I won't say that it's revolutionary by any means. I just like it. I got mine on sale for less than $100 with shipping.

I also like my Giro helmets for the most part. I just like some of the features of the Kask better.