PDA

View Full Version : Kinlin XR220 Question

jberenyi
04-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about these rims. I can't find anything on it regarding finish whether glossy or matte, can it be rated for my weight of 170lbs using CX-ray spokes in a 28 count for the rear, etc. Please chime in everyone.

ergott
04-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Can't find 220. 200?

fuzzalow
04-27-2016, 06:51 PM
I have built a pair of wheels with this rim as labeled IRD/Interloc Cadence rims. I think Kinlin is the maker of this rim same as their XR220 model. I built mine as 28H with Sapim CX-Rays using the offset rear rim which I don't think Kinlin makes anymore. They built up nicely and were pretty straight so it didn't make for undue variance in spoke tensions to coax a wayward rim back into line.

At my weight of around 165lbs I have never had a problem with them on normal roads and still have them today. These wheels are currently in storage and have not be used on pockmarked Manhattan streets - so if you plan on abusing a set I can't say how they'd hold up.

jberenyi
04-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Can't find 220. 200?

Well I just found out they are called XR22T by the seller. He said it wrong.

http://fairwheelbikes.com/kinlin-xr-22t-tubleless-clincher-rim/

oldpotatoe
04-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Does anyone know anything about these rims. I can't find anything on it regarding finish whether glossy or matte, can it be rated for my weight of 170lbs using CX-ray spokes in a 28 count for the rear, etc. Please chime in everyone.

440 grams, not a light weight. Not sure what the advantage of CxRays on a rear wheel would be for you. Sure are expensive compared to 14/15 or 14/15 and then thinner spokes(Lasers) on left side rear. But I think if built well and 3 cross, probably OK for you. Some heavier riders 'ride light' and some light riders 'ride heavy', so YMMV. I think a OC rim, like DT440 or Velocity A23, might be a better choice, IMHO.

gospastic
04-28-2016, 08:32 AM
I built up a wheelset with these. They are nice, I came across no issues. I built 20f24r with Sapim race all around. Nice and solid for me at 160lb and my riding style. I got them in silver so I'm not sure what the finish is like on the black rims.

ergott
04-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Kinlin rims are nice. I would rather use them than Velocity of late. Both are a bit soft. For the price, you can build a great set of wheels with them.

(I haven't built this model, just my knowledge of Kinlin rims in general)