PDA

View Full Version : OT: Microsoft Word 2003 sp2 ---help

Serpico
06-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Hello, I am getting the error message below. Unable to use Word, anytime I click mouse or try to type text it throws this dialog box up.

This originally started when I (think) tried to install clip-art--and now it's stuck in some kind of loop telling me I can't. Well, I don't need clip-art--I just need this error to go away so I can use word. My boss has me working on a project and I need word!

I am sending a trouble ticket to IT guys, but I need to fix this now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DavidK
06-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I know too much about Office for my own good, but that one is a mystery to me. A reinstall isn't going to solve it, unless you also install Clip Art too. It's left behind a registry key that indicates Clip Art is available, but obviously it's not, so gets caught in a loop checking for something that doesn't exist and then warning you.

Best thing I think, is to force install the Clip Art. But I can't even guarantee that's the solution.

Too Tall
06-21-2006, 09:45 AM
You need the orig. cd.
Look at the "office shared features" option click that option and choose "run from my computer".

Basically you did not choose this option during install...or maybe your support folks didn't.

I take PayPal and Ottrotts ;)

Serpico
06-21-2006, 09:54 AM
bleh, I gotta wait for the IT guys :crap: I don't have privileges or cd's to install stuff

thanks for the tips :beer:

Serpico
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Big ups to Tuco :beer: thanks bro

very much appreciated